Bans? Lol?

"
Mischief67 wrote:

And once again, Laws apply not TOS. (Ask my insurance company who folded nicely and did as I told them to because they were talking bollocks)

Lol. What laws? Vidjo game character laws? XDDDD
OP right now

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
CaoMengde wrote:
.. what is an exploit anyway??

if there is something possible to do in the game, its fair game i say... its the devs fault for allowing it to happen...

so technically.. there is some crazy item interplays that arent very well documented.. are those exploits???

is trading a 20% hammer + a map = chisel an exploit?
it doesnt say anywhere in the game that iam able to do that....

and isnt there some funky business with albino feather, and fishing poles and Krillson and stuff???
like WTF!! GGG!! ... you have cryptic crap in your game no one really knows about, and then you expect when people find something funky, you expect them to understand that its a bug?? maaaybe they thought it was some funky cryptic easter egg??

how are we as players to know!??

... truly epic game design failure...

okay, if we are allowed to have person A get piety to 1% life, and person B portals in and gets the quest .. is that exploit?

if not, then how is what i seen in that video an exploit?

that's a good question and theres usually a line that is drawn

like you said vendor recipe is clearly not an exploit, even if it's a mistake. actually go watch Kripp video on getting banned from gw2 for "abusing" vendor recipes. that's clearly a balancing mistake by debs that got blamed on players for some dumb reason.

Then you get technical bug abuse,where it's more obvious that you're abusing and gaming the system. instance crashing to rollback items is such one thing in poe. it's fairly clear your game shouldn't crash after doing action x and your crafts shouldn't roll back to previous state. it's also very clear to GGG if they look at a pattern when someone crashed the game 10 times in a row trying to slam an exalt.

this bug is somewhere along the middle. as mentioned, you could unknowningly and unintentionally reproduce this bug. you can also infer from league mechanics what is feature and what's a bug.
soo any news from GGG ? they want do something ?

sad is fact always same players and guilds use things like that... i hope they end it finally
my builds:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2113935
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2113984/page/1#p15407041
"
Varilecki wrote:
soo any news from GGG ? they want do something ?

sad is fact always same players and guilds use things like that... i hope they end it finally

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/60mc9f/followup_on_the_leaguestone_exploit/

50+ people were banned.

You're welcome.
I have an Alien pet.
"
Mischief67 wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
ya im pretty sure they can ban whoever they want without reason, just not good policy to do so.

I mean, you gonna sue them over a video game account lol

Of course! How many people here have actually talked to a lawyer regarding legal fees? Wait, it's not free? Oh...

Legal insurance with no excess #sorted

Also I haven't been doing it but I was expecting the white knights to come around.

It's GGG's fk up, stop blaming others.

And once again, Laws apply not TOS. (Ask my insurance company who folded nicely and did as I told them to because they were talking bollocks)

By law, Path of Exile in its entirety, including all server software, tools for development and testing, and data belonging to the game (this includes all the intellectual property such as the storyline, lore, and brandable names, as well as player accounts) are the property of Grinding Gear Games.

As the owners of the game and all assets relating to it, Grinding Gear Games graciously permits us access to the game for our entertainment, for free - access that as easily as it is granted can be taken away again, at any time, for any reason or even no reason; This is where you have been provided both with terms of service and end user license agreements to help you avoid getting into trouble with the owners of the property :)

Good luck convincing any legal instance otherwise - there has not to my knowledge ever been a single legal case of a player vs. a company producing a game where the player won any sort of legal rights to characters, accounts or any other game assets - at most you could potentially win rights to intellectual property you create as spin-off material that leans against what GGG has made with PoE, provided it is sufficiently original (not using, even for reference, names of characters or places in the game as main locations or protagonists/antagonists is a good start - see the EULA for more info on this).

If i'm wrong, please correct me, as i'm unlikely to revise this post myself.
It's really disappointing to see Chris and GGG fall for these trolls and ban people.

Just like so many other gaming communities out there, the Devs/GM's are the ones destroying their own games banning people.

I wish GGG could learn with blizzard how to deal with the community rather than fall into this toxicity circle and banning people left and right, especially the ones that care the most about this game.

It's very sad to see GGG fall into this pattern.

A note to GGG, the more you ban and make this non sense public the more toxic you'll make this community, in no time it'll become another lol community, where the main subject are reports, bans and player behaviour toxic talk
ey
Last edited by inuke on Mar 21, 2017, 11:49:05 AM
To be fair GGG should be consistent.

There is too much grey area when it comes to what is okay to exploit and what isn't.

Self-Flagellation + Soul Mantle bug... Killing shaper over and over easily and making money? "Enjoy it while you can guys".

Leaguestones? Banned.

Be consistent in the way you police your playerbase. Either ban for all exploits, or don't ban for any... leaving the players in a grey area in terms of policy is bullshit.

Other games have done this and it leaves a bad taste in the consumers mouth. If you are going to tout the "dog-eat-dog" savagery of wraeclast but be inconsistent about the punishments all it does it makes your policy look stupid.

"
To be fair GGG should be consistent.

There is too much grey area when it comes to what is okay to exploit and what isn't.

Self-Flagellation + Soul Mantle bug... Killing shaper over and over easily and making money? "Enjoy it while you can guys".

Leaguestones? Banned.

Be consistent in the way you police your playerbase. Either ban for all exploits, or don't ban for any... leaving the players in a grey area in terms of policy is bullshit.

Other games have done this and it leaves a bad taste in the consumers mouth. If you are going to tout the "dog-eat-dog" savagery of wraeclast but be inconsistent about the punishments all it does it makes your policy look stupid.

That is a bit eye opening. I suppose the magnitude of the wealth gain is not a relevant factor?

Should an exploit that lets you say, gain one chaos orb per hour be as bannable as one that lets you gain 300 chaos orbs per hour?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Mar 21, 2017, 12:46:26 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:

That is a bit eye opening. I suppose the magnitude of the wealth gain is not a relevant factor?

Should an exploit that lets you say, gain one chaos orb per hour be as bannable as one that lets you gain 300 chaos orbs per hour?

That is the question that people should really be asking. I know friends that enjoy trying to break the game... but if you break the game too much you could get banned?

It's a weird middle ground where shit isn't clear. What's really crazy about this bug was that it was reported 2 weeks before it finally got patched. People read the post and everything and thought "well if they aren't hot fixing it maybe it isn't that big of a deal.." That seems like a very reasonable conclusion to make when the rules for exploiting are so weird in this game.

I'm not saying the bans were justified or not...but at the end of the day this game prides itself (somewhat) in its pure competition and savagery. A pile of exiles on a distant land that have to help or hurt each other to get ahead...

This whole ordeal just sucks.
"
Mischief67 wrote:
Perm-ban the fk no-one.

Since when do you have to speak legalese to play a fking video-game.

Oh he abused it! Abused the fk out of what exactly? Like you're supposed to second guess what the fk the game is or isn't supposed to do? And that in a game which provides close to zero information to players all along? If at least we had information IG but that's not even the case...

1. It's fail programmers failure;
2. It's GGG's massive fking failure for doing nothing, for so long, to correct the issue.

We're just dumb testers each leagues anyway.

Note: Back-story can be found here "https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/60f69s/the_bug_ggg_didnt_want_you_to_know_existed/"

You sir are an idiot. If you abuse a bug repeatedly you know what you are doing and deserve to get banned. I rest my case.

Best regards: Lawyer
Last edited by Laskinaama on Mar 21, 2017, 1:10:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info