Bans? Lol?

"
Nephalim wrote:
They banned an entire guild, some of them maybe innocent.

Going from what chris said none of them are innocent, one of them got his ban lifted because of a reasonable doubt...Chris did not say he was innocent, just that in the time he spent looking he didn't find anything that directly proved he was cheating, and that he dose not have all the tools or the time to investigate it properly....i wouldn't be surprised if the guy gets banned again after more of his bot friends protest and get further investigated which give more solid evidence of him cheating
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Mar 20, 2017, 7:11:01 PM
"
Mischief67 wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
ya im pretty sure they can ban whoever they want without reason, just not good policy to do so.

I mean, you gonna sue them over a video game account lol

Of course! How many people here have actually talked to a lawyer regarding legal fees? Wait, it's not free? Oh...

Legal insurance with no excess #sorted

Also I haven't been doing it but I was expecting the white knights to come around.

It's GGG's fk up, stop blaming others.

And once again, Laws apply not TOS. (Ask my insurance company who folded nicely and did as I told them to because they were talking bollocks)

GGG have always been quite lax on bug exploits, but they have always asked you report it, if this was reported properly then they most likely would have asked the person not to abuse it, instead people didn't report it and decided to instead exploit it....that is not the fault of GGG, that a personal choice you take knowing full well that it is a bug and you are gaining great benefit from it.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
If you "use" the bug a few times, np, but if you go ahead and exploit it, of course you shuold be banned (imo).

It is very common to be banned for exploiting bugs in games with online components. Yeah, its a big mess up that they didnt fix it for 2 fucking weeks.. a huge mess up. But how many people reported it? Probably very few.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
I love when people get banned and cry about it on various internet forums.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
.. what is an exploit anyway??

if there is something possible to do in the game, its fair game i say... its the devs fault for allowing it to happen...

so technically.. there is some crazy item interplays that arent very well documented.. are those exploits???

is trading a 20% hammer + a map = chisel an exploit?
it doesnt say anywhere in the game that iam able to do that....

and isnt there some funky business with albino feather, and fishing poles and Krillson and stuff???
like WTF!! GGG!! ... you have cryptic crap in your game no one really knows about, and then you expect when people find something funky, you expect them to understand that its a bug?? maaaybe they thought it was some funky cryptic easter egg??

how are we as players to know!??

... truly epic game design failure...

okay, if we are allowed to have person A get piety to 1% life, and person B portals in and gets the quest .. is that exploit?

if not, then how is what i seen in that video an exploit?

Last edited by CaoMengde on Mar 20, 2017, 7:43:13 PM
"
Mischief67 wrote:
Perm-ban the fk no-one.

Since when do you have to speak legalese to play a fking video-game.

Oh he abused it! Abused the fk out of what exactly? Like you're supposed to second guess what the fk the game is or isn't supposed to do? And that in a game which provides close to zero information to players all along? If at least we had information IG but that's not even the case...

1. It's fail programmers failure;
2. It's GGG's massive fking failure for doing nothing, for so long, to correct the issue.

We're just dumb testers each leagues anyway.

Note: Back-story can be found here "https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/60f69s/the_bug_ggg_didnt_want_you_to_know_existed/"

The game is in permanent beta , GGG should not ban players for testing the game :D
"
Nephalim wrote:
They banned an entire guild, some of them maybe innocent.

They can sure as hell ban exploiters.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
If they don't ban for the exploits, there's a potential moral hazard, as incentives to report exploits are pretty low whereas incentives of abusing them are high. If you can't get banned for it, there's no point in reporting it if you want to be a selfish prick and abuse it. If you can get banned for it, the incentives to report it actually grow at least by small margin because you can this way prevent other players from accumulating a lot of wealth through the said exploit.

Honestly, this should have been super obvious. Getting super rich like this is an unfair advantage and anyone who is surprised for someone getting banned over it is just dumb. They can't just say "Okay, well, since you did this exploit 50 times, you gained items that total in worth for x amount of exalts, so we will now take your exalts". It's much simpler to just ban these people instead.
"
If they don't ban for the exploits, there's a potential moral hazard, as incentives to report exploits are pretty low whereas incentives of abusing them are high. If you can't get banned for it, there's no point in reporting it if you want to be a selfish prick and abuse it. If you can get banned for it, the incentives to report it actually grow at least by small margin because you can this way prevent other players from accumulating a lot of wealth through the said exploit.

Honestly, this should have been super obvious. Getting super rich like this is an unfair advantage and anyone who is surprised for someone getting banned over it is just dumb. They can't just say "Okay, well, since you did this exploit 50 times, you gained items that total in worth for x amount of exalts, so we will now take your exalts". It's much simpler to just ban these people instead.

+1
They have to do something or the average gamer(you know that thing actually grows a game...) will just quit. Even just a token ban to send a message would suffice. To do nothing is just inviting more of this behavior on a bigger scale next time. So if player retention is something they want, stuff like this cant be perceived to go unpunished.

"
Mischief67 wrote:
Legal insurance with no excess #sorted

Insurance that pays for you to go get a professional opinion on whether or not you can sue a gaming company for banning you? Clowns gonna clown.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info