Developer Q&A - Answers Part 1

Thank you for this
uhm. nothing i didn't already knew.

why not make a q&a page on your website where people can ctrl+f for the issues you routinely have to answer?

"
Firefly00 wrote:
I for one look forward to details about how this will be implemented. For example, will there be a 'strip all' button so you can easily yank aesthetics from all of your characters at once?

maybe as a new page in the char's info screen; or as a new tab directly on the MTX screen for 'used ones'.
Honestly, I dont see a need for a 'reclaim/strip all' - but it shouldnt hurt if we can get 'both' options (single/full reclaims)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Why not just make all MTXs infinitely stackable?

While it would indeed 'save' some mtx space, it would in no way 'solve' the problem with multiple MTX that only can used once.
--
"
Jonkimble wrote:
Question 2: Can we get a button to combine 3 of one map just like the essence tab allows you to combine the 3 essences? They are both exactly the same transaction

No, they're different: Essences upgrading neither does have to consider different rarities, nor itemlevel, nor quality value. (Same reasons why it's high likely that we never get a map tab)

And additionally: different kinds of legacy maps already upgrade different - so this is not really 'fix' but likely to change again in future; I really like to see the outcome before I agree. ;) (which would be impossible with the essence's way)
--
Great Q & A, nothing but love you guys, from the Developers to the Customer Service to the people cleaning your building.

As far as the MTX I've made multiple threads about my proposed solutions and am overjoyed as well as many others I'm sure of the changes being made. As far as the lock box duplicates one thing I'd like to propose again is the idea of being able to "Scrap" duplicates for a secondary point system to use on MTX only purchasable with the new points. This would offset the let down of getting multiples of an item you don't want as well as promoting increased sales for new MTX rather then raising the price of mystery boxes again.
In the beta thanks to Starcraft42.
"
Will there ever be an auto-sort button for inventory and/or stash similar to Titan Quest mechanics?

Unlikely. I had a good conversation recently with David Brevik about how large items that require manipulation in the inventory help simulate the "weight" that items have in other RPG systems. It may be inconvenient to have to organise items, but it makes them feel real. Simplifying this down to auto-sorting or single-slot-items is a road we don't want to take our game down.

The inventory slot sizing and "weight/feel" mechanics don't have to change. But, it would be incredibly useful to have an auto-organise feature of some sort for the character inventory when mapping in a speedy group.

Plenty of times I've wanted to pick up a 6/8 slot item but had to shuffle things around to get the inventory space needed to accommodate it. While this may be may a good little problem solving task to help with brain elasticity, it consumes time at a time when I have very little to spare.

Thx for all you do GGG
--------------- THE MOOCH --------------
"
eralduspr wrote:
"
Will there ever be an auto-sort button for inventory and/or stash similar to Titan Quest mechanics?

Unlikely. I had a good conversation recently with David Brevik about how large items that require manipulation in the inventory help simulate the "weight" that items have in other RPG systems. It may be inconvenient to have to organise items, but it makes them feel real. Simplifying this down to auto-sorting or single-slot-items is a road we don't want to take our game down.

What a dumb and totally stupid justification to not include this feature...

Pretty sure that clicking and dragging a Scroll of Identification and a Kaom's Heart from my inventory feels like they have same weight, so this "weight simulation" would only feel realistic if the game had some type of feature to reduce my mouse pointer speed based on how heavy is the item I'm dragging around... Again, pretty silly reasoning to not include a feature present on most modern ARPGs...

GGG may claim not to use machine learning, but I still hope they're using data gathered from all those frustrated players' efforts to manually sort their inventory to train an efficient automatic sorter. Until then I have to convince myself that my Belly of the Beast and my Tabula Rasa have the same weight...
I wish i could trade in like 3 of the same MTX item for maybe a new random box. ive got 4 of the same boots. and i makes me not want to buy more random boxes.
"
Chris wrote:
The plan varies from mechanic to mechanic. Legacy isn't meant to say goodbye to them, but provides a great opportunity to play with a lot of craziness happening simultaneously. The Zana changes are because we can't run regular Zana mods at the same time as Leaguestones, and to provide an alternate experience for people to make their maps more difficult and rewarding. We haven't decided about the role of Leaguestones in the future of Path of Exile.

So, why not answer this...

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Why did you pull that Zana trick with permanent leagues in 2.6?

Easier to just not answer than to say 'we did it to fuck over permanent league players'?
Casually casual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info