[2.6] IMMORTAL MF GOLEMS - Shaper / Uber / ALL Guardians *WHILE DEAD*

As I said, they (21/20 Fire and Light golems) got the Minotaur eventually... with the 3rd attempt. Empower might be the solution indeed. By default my golems have 20k HP, with Empower lvl 3 it goes up to 25k.

Just ran a few maps with LMP, no noticeable difference in clear spead really with 5/1, They wipe out entire packs just as reliably as with GMP but have 10% more damage for the boss fight (at least as far as the two projectile skills are concerned) ... melted Hydra in no time. This build is probably as "unethical" as it gets. I can see a nerf incoming, minions die with their master or something to this effect. :D
Last edited by tomay on Apr 19, 2017, 1:14:07 PM
I need some serious help here guys , so i am still new to the game so don't have much currency at all i am level 73 and only got like 10 chaos orbs, i CANT grind for currency coz i am being one shotted by everything i even tried to change my armor for a better one with ES but i tried more than 96 jewelers orbs to try and get 6 slots and i couldnt. so how can i progress now ? i cant farm and i cant buy anything to help me farm ... you can check my character for anymore info about my current build/items .
Rather than grabbing all the ES/ES recharge/Curse Effectiveness nodes and jewel sockets for which you don't seem to have the jewels yet you should have invested into some life or life/ES hybrid nodes (such as the Melding and Written Blood clusters). You can refund those later when you have better gear.

Life/ES hybrid is much easier/cheaper to to gear. Replace your gloves/boots/belt with some nice rares which will give you life and ES until you have the currency to afford the switch to Chaos Inoculation.

Your next investment should be Primordial Might, this jewel will turn your golems into a bunch of Rambos on crack cocaine. :D

Mind you, this build is perfectly viable as Life/ES hybrid and probably a lot safer to play. Of course, all the godly magic find glory where you can loot the shit out of map bosses while being dead comes at a price. And getting killed by highest tier map bosses all the time also means your time of gaining experience and levelling up is over. For Good! So you should go a different route until you have reached a decent level, say 85-90.

Even with my lvl 95 witch I haven't gone flat out IIQ/IIR yet. I prefer my 10k ES to get to the map bosses safely with all portals left, only then I put on some MF gear.
Last edited by tomay on Apr 19, 2017, 2:24:59 PM
"
tomay wrote:
Rather than grabbing all the ES/ES recharge/Curse Effectiveness nodes and jewel sockets for which you don't seem to have the jewels yet you should have invested into some life or life/ES hybrid nodes (such as the Melding and Written Blood clusters). You can refund those later when you have better gear.

Life/ES hybrid is much easier/cheaper to to gear. Replace your gloves/boots/belt with some nice rares which will give you life and ES until you have the currency to afford the switch to Chaos Inoculation.

Your next investment should be Primordial Might, this jewel will turn your golems into a bunch of Rambos on crack cocaine. :D

Mind you, this build is perfectly viable as Life/ES hybrid and probably a lot safer to play. Of course, all the godly magic find glory where you can loot the shit out of map bosses while being dead comes at a price. And getting killed by highest tier map bosses all the time also means your time of gaining experience and levelling up is over. For Good! So you should go a different route until you have reached a decent level, say 85-90.

Even with my lvl 95 witch I haven't gone flat out IIQ/IIR yet. I prefer my 10k ES to get to the map bosses safely with all portals left, only then I put on some MF gear.

Thanx for the fast reply ,The thing is which i really dont get about this game how can new players even GET currency you are telling me to get new gear but HOW i am not strong enough to farm it and dont have money to buy it and EVEN if i got good gear where can i get the currency to add/link/change colors of sockets.
and i dont have any points in my passive tree on sockets except for only 1 coz i have Primordial Eminence in it.
Well, as new player to PoE you have picked the wrong build guide.

This build isn't exactly a league starter. In its final form it is very, very expensive actually.

To make matters worse, by running to a map boss, getting killed and waiting to collect the loot is wrong in so many aspects. Unethical, cheesing the mechanics of boss fights, you name it. As hilarious as it may be, you don't learn much about Path of Exile and its very complex mechanics.

But if you decide to start a league with a build like this, you will have to take a different approach. Go the life/ES hypbrid route, focus on survivability and character/gem level and farm currency until you can afford at least the basic requirements such as Primordial Might and a few Primordial Harmony jewels and then take it from there. None of the lads here started into the league with a godly 6-link Vaal Regalia, The Anima Stone, Primordial Might and 10 Primordial Harmonies... what you see is the result of patience, determination and endless hours of farming currency.
"
tomay wrote:
"
projectsix wrote:
You don't think it would be better with the 5+1 setup but no culling on lightning golem? It must be pretty rare that the lightning would get killing blow on just about anything in that scenario, right?

Why the hassle? Use 6 Fame Golems with IIQ for clearing... they will do just fine without penetration. Swap IIQ for Fire Pen at the Boss and cast your Lightning Golem, he will deal the killing blow with IIQ + IIR there. If you want to keep the Lighning Golem you can always get a second IIQ gem, only 15ex in Legacy. ;)

True. That probably is the best way to do it. I won't bother to do it for shaped strand runs and the like but just tougher bosses since I'd have to re-summon the flame golems to go back to clear mode. Thanks!
Some advice on Mino if you havent read all comments.

i equip ES Helmet instead of heretics,ES Shield instead of one Clayshaper. ES boots instead of Goldwyrm and ES Gloves instead of Sadimas AND a Eye of Chayula for the anti stun instead of Biscos. I have 10.2k ES. Run around with my other MF gear to the boss. Kite Mino, if rocks fall onto golems use convo, try not to get hit and if u get hit run away until ES recharge. at like 20%Hp i let him kill me. Switch to MF gear and maybe die 1-2 times until Ice Golem gets his culling. Easy peasy mode now.
Even did Mino rare map corrupted with vulnerability, ele weakness AND Temp chains!!!
everyone who says Mino is impossible needs to learn strategy. THX MrsDeath for your help!!!!
"
Azugami wrote:
I need some serious help here guys , so i am still new to the game so don't have much currency at all i am level 73 and only got like 10 chaos orbs, i CANT grind for currency coz i am being one shotted by everything i even tried to change my armor for a better one with ES but i tried more than 96 jewelers orbs to try and get 6 slots and i couldnt. so how can i progress now ? i cant farm and i cant buy anything to help me farm ... you can check my character for anymore info about my current build/items .

You should be able to farm merciless dried lake with pretty low EHP.. like 2k-2500 even. Just make sure you have a bleed flask. You'll take the odd death but you'll get XP pretty quick to make up for it. One thing I'd say is to buy a corrupted 20/20 Flame Golem that costs 5-6 chaos. That would improve DPS a lot and should mow most mobs there down before they can hurt you too much.

You can get a much better helm (blue one with +2 to minions and nothing else?.. why are you using that?), rings and belt for 1c each. I'm guessing you're nowhere near res capped.

But really, you don't have any of the jewels (which is the most expensive part), nevermind the gearing concerns.. so either grind away at dried lake for quite a while or make a new cheap toon and come back to this build later once you can afford it.
Last edited by projectsix on Apr 19, 2017, 7:08:21 PM
Could i use elemental focus instead of controlled destruction? the reason why i ask is because i have a lvl 18 20% ef and i have no cd with quality
Please reply to your whispers for items... Even if you are mapping, in a rotation, in uber lab, or if its sold. Thank you. :D
Here is few changes after buying quantity gem.
My new gem setups went really nice especially ice golem + knockback + blind + orb lightning.

Spoiler

Spoiler
www.poeurl.com/bhlc

At first must to say flame golem was lvl19, lightning and ice golem was 17-18lvl, and i respec my passive tree in all minion hp passives i coud reach and i swaped rarity and controled destruction for minion life support, in fights where bosses killed golems, and helped alot swap vaal discepline to convocation for help golems not die on minotaur (resummoning golems, convocating if they start taking much damage, running circles near center wall so he can't see me and insta kill me) and other bosses who can kill golem (convocation is optional just not to mess with spawning right golems - 4 flame, 1 light, 1 ice).

Progress - have done all atlas! Hall of grandmasters (nothing hard just resummoning golems and offscreen attacking with ball lightning to move golems forward), T-16 double vaal temple with 3-5 portals, all guards and shaper, haven't tried uber atziry, and coudn't done minotaur with 400 crit buff and few other scary buffs (also was doing in party with friend so minotaur was even more stronger i think).

Do someone tried ascendancy Shaper of Desolation and Beacon of Ruin? Is it working on golems? Maybe its good for mapping, breaches etc.

Last edited by SoulTakeRrr on Apr 20, 2017, 4:43:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info