[2.6] IMMORTAL MF GOLEMS - Shaper / Uber / ALL Guardians *WHILE DEAD*

"
Quixote77 wrote:
"
vegeto079 wrote:

55% quantity 165% rarity

Killed shaper (while dead) and got Dying Sun, lol.
7.2k ES right now, wish I had more. Not really sure how to survive in breaches, it's a struggle.

I find a combo of decoy totem and conversion trap to be effective in breaches, along with a quartz flask.

I also use a decoy totem, plus self-cast phase run with inc duration. As long as I do nothing during phase run, I am safe.

Also I swapped anger for grace. Those golems are fine without it anyway.
What should we use for the rest of the ascendency?
how to get 2curse from ? i didnt see any gear
i have all the jewels but i feel like the golems r still "half-afk"....any way to speed them up?
OK, I have a doubt now.

I've been doing a lot of lategame content (some stuff kills my golems, such as overgrown ruin and dark forest with a lot of stupid mods) but most of the high maps just alch, vaal and go. Yet still, Chimera is a challenge. When he goes in the shroud phase and kills me, he never comes back to attack the golems. Phoenix is down and the other two I dont think they will be an issue, but Chimera... what should I do?
"
lostcoaster wrote:
"
Quixote77 wrote:
"
vegeto079 wrote:

55% quantity 165% rarity

Killed shaper (while dead) and got Dying Sun, lol.
7.2k ES right now, wish I had more. Not really sure how to survive in breaches, it's a struggle.

I find a combo of decoy totem and conversion trap to be effective in breaches, along with a quartz flask.

I also use a decoy totem, plus self-cast phase run with inc duration. As long as I do nothing during phase run, I am safe.

Whats your skillbar look like?
Mines:
walk-convocation-ball lightning
flame dash-vaal disc-flesh offering-vaal haste-portal

not sure how I could fit in 2 more. I like the idea of standstill phase run, but then you can't curse, and what about duration?

I'll look into Grace - and I've been using a Quartz.

For now I traded 20% quan for 1k es by swapping out gloves - having 8.2k es is a good chunk better than 7.2k.
Last edited by vegeto079 on Mar 30, 2017, 9:54:26 PM
"
vegeto079 wrote:

Whats your skillbar look like?
Mines:
walk-convocation-ball lightning
flame dash-vaal disc-flesh offering-vaal haste-portal

not sure how I could fit in 2 more. I like the idea of standstill phase run, but then you can't curse, and what about duration?

I'll look into Grace - and I've been using a Quartz.

For now I traded 20% quan for 1k es by swapping out gloves - having 8.2k es is a good chunk better than 7.2k.

Mine is:
Walk/phase run/decoy totem
vaal haste/vaal disc/convocation/ball lightning/portal or grace
Grace on skill bar is for toggling aura to spam divination distillate. If not, portal or flesh offering could use this slot too. I am not using flesh offering. Flame dash is sacrificed in favor of phase run.

My current 17/20 inc duration makes phase run last 3.0 seconds, so it is like 75% uptime. However as I run victario's charity + necro aegis, the duration is usually as long as 8 seconds. Also victario's does actually increase some damage.

(A bit calculations of damage with victario's:)
Spoiler

Tree increased damage: 100%
Tree increased cast speed: 20%
9 perfect harmonies (or 10 high-roll ones): 180% per golem type
Assuming flame golems have 5% base crit chance, and 150% base crit multi.
Assuming lightning/ice golems deal NO damage.
Note that frenzy charge on minions is 15% AS/CS per charge. And power charge on minions gives 200% inc crit chance per charge (so with controlled destruction it is 500% inc total).

4 + 1 + 1 without victario's:
4 * (1+100%+180%*3) * (1+20%) * (1 + 5% * (150%-100%)) = 3641%
4 + 1 with victario's:
4 * (1+100%+180%*2) * (1+20%+45%) * (1 + 30% * (150%-100%)) * (1+12%) = 4760%

But cast speed is not linear gain. I actually don't know whether 10% more cast speed would add 10% damage or not. So I remove cast speed factor completely:

4 + 1 + 1 without victario's:
4 * (1+100%+180%*3) * (1 + 5% * (150%-100%)) = 3034%
4 + 1 with victario's:
4 * (1+100%+180%*2) * (1 + 30% * (150%-100%)) * (1+12%) = 2885%

So the true damage lies somewhere between 2885% ~ 4760% for victario setup and 3034% ~ 3641% otherwise.

Last edited by lostcoaster on Mar 31, 2017, 12:12:59 AM
I am sure this has been asked, but is it possible to run this build without any of the jewels? At least lower end maps until I can afford to get them. Thanks
"
Orrav wrote:
I am sure this has been asked, but is it possible to run this build without any of the jewels? At least lower end maps until I can afford to get them. Thanks

Should be doable, but not as fun as You'd expect. I bought Might first, then slotted it out to see if I can sell it for anima stone and ran with only one Harmony for a few levels, felt okay. 3 flame 1 lightning golem cleared okayish on a 5-link. Not sure about maps, but You can definitely spam Dry Lake with just 2 clayshapers and maybe a tabula.

I won't lie though, without anima stone AND primordial might, it will feel somewhat slow. After selling my might for an anima stone, I figured out what's so good about it - with it, and as long as Your golems can oneshot trash mobs, You can basically pop phase run + adrenaline flask and just run through content - Your golems will spawn behind You, immediately aggro the mobs, most probably trigger their fireball barage and clear everything just in time to teleport behind You again and do the same for the next group.

Without it, You'll have to stick around and target stragglers with Your curse on hit setup. You'll still clear well enough, but it won't be the blitzkrieg You might be expecting. Plus they don't aggro as well on death, but that's probably irrelevant for lower-end mapping and dry lakes.
"
Orrav wrote:

I started this build with 10c budget, here is how I progress:
1. Level to 41, buy 2x clayshaper for 2c. Get ascendency so you have 4x flame golems.
2. Buy a +2 minion helmet, I spent a bit (around 10c) here, to get a high es one -- this is a nice investment as you will use it for a long time. A 1 alch one is also fine for leveling.
3. Buy 2 pieces of the cheapest (the armor cast speed one) jewel, like 1c each.
4. Buy perandus belt and sadima gloves as soon as getting into maps, along with some resist rings (just resist, don't demand anything else) and es gear (like 600 es chest, 200 es boots), all 1c each. I also bought a bisco's amulet here with left currencies.
5. Begin farming with 3x flame golems + 1x lightning/ice golem. DON'T waste money on any unnecessary upgrades. DON'T invest in a 5 link, a +2 helmet is actually a pseudo 5L. Convert everything into chaos and buy harmony jewels.
6. After 5 or 7 harmonies (depends on how you clear maps and whether your golems die), save up for a might. You can stick with might (so that you can farm more efficient and farm while dead), or convert it to anima stone.
7. Save up for second might.
8. Buy the rest of harmonies, get a 6 link es chest, and upgrade helmet/boots/flasks.

Last edited by lostcoaster on Mar 31, 2017, 3:21:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info