[3.2] SRS/Zombies Necromancer

"
seanxjohnson wrote:
I got a Baron in SSF today and immediately logged out and made a new char haha. I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can answer:

1. Is there a Doon variant you can suggest? I can hit 1k str with it, covering the difference of no astramentis, and some gear with low str rolls but have the necessary resists. I was thinking of a 3L spectre in there that can benefit from the lvl 30 iron will.

2. I'm running the Blood Offering chest, any changes youd make for gems?

3. Is archon shield the best base for crafting?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there, I would say if you don't have the covenant or mon'treguls I wouldn't play this build just because it makes casting SRS great with no investment and their synergy with the zombies + montreguls for clear speed is what makes the build a great mapper.

Now seeing as you are SSF, you can still make a build work quite easily. I would say put your zombies in the body armour and the SRS in a 4-L setup(baron for +2) to make casting them much easier on mana and drop the haste aura and use clarity instead. Everything else can be kept the same and you should have no problems clearing most maps. But it depends on what your goal is and what kind of content you want to clear to see what kind of tree and gem setup you need.
Hello dupie,

thank you for this guide.
I had lots of fun with my first character and first league.

How will the witch/necromancer work with the recently announced ascension changes?
Will existing characters moved to standard keep their old ascendencies as a legacy build or will they have their ascendency points restored to be redistributed?

Is this build still going to work in a similar way in the next 3.2 league?
Which ascendencies should be picked?
"
KainMorgen wrote:
Hello dupie,

How will the witch/necromancer work with the recently announced ascension changes?
Will existing characters moved to standard keep their old ascendencies as a legacy build or will they have their ascendency points restored to be redistributed?

Hey,

Glad you enjoyed it, when the league ends and your character is shifted to the permanent league it usually gets an optional respec, in the case of a big change to the tree it will automatically reset your characters passives.

As for the changes in 3.2, I will updating the guide as usual before the next league starts and hopefully have it completed in time. I need to read all the patch notes and work out what changes need to be made and if there are any improvements etc.
"
dupie wrote:
"
KainMorgen wrote:
Hello dupie,

Hey,

Glad you enjoyed it, when the league ends and your character is shifted to the permanent league it usually gets an optional respec, in the case of a big change to the tree it will automatically reset your characters passives.

As for the changes in 3.2, I will updating the guide as usual before the next league starts and hopefully have it completed in time. I need to read all the patch notes and work out what changes need to be made and if there are any improvements etc.

I play without SRS, but love zombies and were really disappointed by the changes, as the biggest issue with zombies is their survivability.

So I am looking forward to your thoughts about this matter, as I consider going golems now, as they look much stronger than our actual zombies. :(
Hi. I will defenetely start the bestiary leagues with this build. Very excited for your update. Please do it before the league starts :)
The build has been updated for 3.2.
Great build, keen to use it in the next league. Couple of questions:

Do you still hit 1000 strength with the skeleton variation of your build?

If I was to add melee Spectres to this build, would they benefit from a lot of the same stuff as the Zombies? Or is there a lot that is Zombie-specific?

What is the reason behind reducing endurance charges? What benefits do the charges give the minions?
"
Calypto52 wrote:
Great build, keen to use it in the next league. Couple of questions:

Do you still hit 1000 strength with the skeleton variation of your build?

If I was to add melee Spectres to this build, would they benefit from a lot of the same stuff as the Zombies? Or is there a lot that is Zombie-specific?

What is the reason behind reducing endurance charges? What benefits do the charges give the minions?

Hi there, yeah you still hit 1k strength with the skeleton variant as you drop the fragility jewels and voilent dead, everything else is exactly the same as the necro aegis variant.

Yes you could add melee spectres as they would benefit from the melee physical damage provided with strength scaling and the baron, but I don't think it's worth it as they won't really bring much to the build.

We reduce endurance chargesby 3 if you are using ahn's heritage to gain onslaught(0/0 endurance charges counts as always max) and also get +3% to maximum resistances, this is great for mapping. If you are using the necromantic aegis node then you don't reduce endurance charges.
Ok, my thoughts on a similar build :

1) I dont think we need Baron. The 1000 strength gives 100% increased melee-minion damage. That is ok number BUT, a bone helmet has a 40% implicit and since we reserve around 4 jewels in order to reach 1000 str we lose average 15% minion damage on each so : 40% + 4*(15%) = 100% minion damage.

The amount is the same and applies to all damage, not only melee. Baron however offers leech which is nice, but imagine an elder bones helmet with +2 level of minions and minion damage as mode. MOAR dps

2) Why not use a Hungry Loop ring with a 5-L spectre there ? I mean gem+tree+bones of ullr = 3 spectres. It could be tukohamas vanguard and have an even more expensive elder bones helmet, with :

- +2 level of minions
- lvl 18 minion damage
- immolate (since if we use tukohamas enemies will be burning)

3) In path of building i tried experimenting with Bloodbond. If you use blood offering, you lose some dps compared to flesh BUT i made Montegrul Zombies with 31k HP and they have 5.000 HP regen/second while blood offering is active.

Would that be enough for them to survive Shaper fight ?
"
Zorgilon wrote:
Ok, my thoughts on a similar build :

1) I dont think we need Baron. The 1000 strength gives 100% increased melee-minion damage. That is ok number BUT, a bone helmet has a 40% implicit and since we reserve around 4 jewels in order to reach 1000 str we lose average 15% minion damage on each so : 40% + 4*(15%) = 100% minion damage.

The amount is the same and applies to all damage, not only melee. Baron however offers leech which is nice, but imagine an elder bones helmet with +2 level of minions and minion damage as mode. MOAR dps

2) Why not use a Hungry Loop ring with a 5-L spectre there ? I mean gem+tree+bones of ullr = 3 spectres. It could be tukohamas vanguard and have an even more expensive elder bones helmet, with :

- +2 level of minions
- lvl 18 minion damage
- immolate (since if we use tukohamas enemies will be burning)

3) In path of building i tried experimenting with Bloodbond. If you use blood offering, you lose some dps compared to flesh BUT i made Montegrul Zombies with 31k HP and they have 5.000 HP regen/second while blood offering is active.

Would that be enough for them to survive Shaper fight ?

1. The baron was especially good prior to 3.1, but the leech is amazing and damage is still decent. I leave later upgrades and experiments to the individual and I try to avoid league specific items that may be a bit difficult to acquire so that the build can be reliably updated and played on each patch as a league starter.

2.The build has always been srs+zombies and I don't want to change it to use spectres because I know a lot of people play this each league, but like I said if people want to change the build and experiment I am more than happy to help with that.

3. Yes bloodbond is a good choice and I will most likely be using it this league with the baron leech to negate the downside with a pure zombie build. I haven't experimented with it yet so can't say for sure but the convocation and other changes this league might make zombies able to down shaper with a decent budget(hopefully).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info