[3.0] How to Flicker. Terminus Est Edition!

Hey there,

Been building my T-Est flicker character in harbinger lately and currently sitting at level 88 with only 4 more levels to go until I max out all the optimal nodes in the passive tree (I went for jewels before life wheel).

Any recommendations on what to focus on next? Do I 6L my Terminus Est first and then use some cheap body armour like Kintsugi for now, or do I push for Kaom's Heart before fusing my weapon? (I don't think I'm going to be getting an Atziri Acuity any time soon)

I'll probably also try to pick up a better amulet along the way.

Last edited by xlzqwerty1 on Aug 15, 2017, 9:42:15 PM
"
xlzqwerty1 wrote:
Hey there,

Been building my T-Est flicker character in harbinger lately and currently sitting at level 88 with only 4 more levels to go until I max out all the optimal nodes in the passive tree (I went for jewels before life wheel).

Any recommendations on what to focus on next? Do I 6L my Terminus Est first and then use some cheap body armour like Kintsugi for now, or do I push for Kaom's Heart before fusing my weapon? (I don't think I'm going to be getting an Atziri Acuity any time soon)

I'll probably also try to pick up a better amulet along the way.

What tier map are you at now, and how good is your damage and survivability (with just that Tabula Rasa for your chestpiece) with regards to clear speed and bossing?
Last edited by Mikocosm on Aug 16, 2017, 2:18:42 AM
How does Endless Hunger + Acuity work? I'm confused about if the crit can over leech when applied instantly. Don't want to invest in an acuity just yet until I know what I'm doing. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1897883/page/5
I read on here about some "bug fix" with the acuity so I'm skeptical on whether or not I should pick up acuity. Clarification would be much appreciated.
@Sensatiional
I read a bit about the topic, it seems the bug that was fixed was the fact Endless Hunger's leech was NEVER instant, even if the hit that caused it was a critical hit.
Instant leech indeed does not work at all with Endless Hunger, which is the reason we are not going with Vaal Pact as stated by OP in the guide itself.

Personal opinion here but it seems less of a problem with this build than the one you linked. The other build was reaching maximum critical chance (hard cap at 95% + Assassin's Mark being out of cap to reach 100%), and was using Brutal Fervor on top of that. The reason behind the other topic OP rage quit is due to the fact it effectively means these Ascendancy talents were rendered useless by the bug fix.

That would just mean we have to be careful not to cap our critical chance, in which case we will be able to maintain the overleech effect to remain full life.

Reading the other guide though made me think a Carnage Heart might be the solution to my leeching problems until I get better stuff. I'm considering Brutal Fervor as well, though that might be overkill.
Hey korgoth im back I managed to raise my hp to 6.2k with gems and 121hp boots (kinda not optimal boots)
I wanted to ask if having the 6L weapon is essential because im missing fortify and i understand that reduces damages you take?
@Ryat
Honestly that was never a problem for me ... i also have a RT 2h flicker strike build and guide with no acuity and it was never an issue with that one too (got it to level 100 btw) ... so i'm not sure what to say :/ Do you have endless hunger btw ?

@SoulTouched
1) No i never have to do that and i acutally never had noticable difficulties with that boss (and actually that's the first time i hear about such difficulties). Perhaps it wa a map with no leech? Maybe reduced regen?
2) The "slow" hard hitting attacks of Izaro are something that you should always try to manually avoid. They cna be deadly especially if Izaro was buffed during the first 2 fights. Now add the possibility of him landing a critical strike on you and yeah ... So advice - don't let him get buffed during the first fights unles you know you cna handle it; try to avoid avoidable hits if possible (sumder-like attacks, lacerate-like attacks, leap slam attacks etc.) . Also you can drop an Ancestral Warchief totem for some damage boost and additional distraction. Oh and get an Atziri's Promise flask... ASAP.

@Mikocosm
You want my simple and byassed opinion -Tried Oro this league, it was my first character actually and ... personally i prefer Terminus Est over Oro. :)
@SoulTouched Yup, it was done.
@xlzqwerty1 I'd say 5L your Terminus Est and get a Kaom.If you stick to your tabula i'd reccommed that you get rid of the added fire damage and use melee damage on full life. If for some reason you can't stay at full life i'd still suggest that you get rid of the added fire damage and use Ruthless instead. Now while added fire damage gives plenty of DPS on papper it is that ... DPS on papper. After all you get fire damage while you don't have fire penetration and all monsters have at least some fire resistance while bosses have a lot of fire resistance so in reality you'll deal a lot less than what your numbers say.

@Sensatiional

It seems that the previous interaction between Acuity and Endless Hunger was a bug and it seems that this bug was fixed with 3.0. Now when you crit you will instantly gain the leeched life and you won't overleech with Endless Hunger. Endless hunger will still work on on crit hits. With that said Acuity still is the biggest survivability boost that you can get - it is an item that makes you pretty much impossible to kill unless something one-shots you. Now you could still stick to Endless Hunger because the occasional non-crit hits will overleech further boositng your survivability. You could also get rid of the Endless Hunger and use Overwhelm instead. Either way i strongly suggest that you get Acuity eventually.

@GrayFoxNinja
Well just like they guide says - Fortify should really be your 5th link.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
@KorgothBG
As I said it might simply be me. Most of my builds ended up relying on Vaal Pact, it's the first time I have a non-VP leech build. So maybe I'm just not used to it and need to get used to the feeling.

I do have Endless Hunger, along with Impact and Bane of Legends. I feel the problem might simply come from a combination of low life (still at around 3k5), lack of mitigation (don't have fifth link yet so no Fortify) and relatively low damage (kinda bought the first 74% critical Terminus Est I could find at a cheap price, plus belt not being a Rustic Sash, plus generally no real damage mod on stuff...). As I said I'll buy myself a Carnage Heart, it should help me overcome the leech problems (and well apart from lacking life it's way better than my current amulet ^^)

Currently though it's not uncommon that I have to Leap Slam away from a boss to let the potion proc and get back to it. Good example of that is T3 Grotto boss, that spams a Firestorm I can't sustain even at capped resists. (or maybe I should also start looking at map mods, since my last character was a lazy totem spammer that didn't care of those XD)
Last edited by Ryat on Aug 16, 2017, 1:16:21 PM
Hey, what leveling gloves would you suggest, since you didn't mention any in the guide
@korgothBG
Which bandit would you go for if you wanted to turn this into a currency farmer?
@Mantux31

Maligaro

@Thewolfgate
Well bandit rewards don't really have anything to do with currency farming .. so .. yeah ... no changes there.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info