What is wrong with the lab?

"
Sexcalibure wrote:

no just the fact that ascendancy is locked behind it
I dont see any any key!
"
animuanima wrote:
Lab should be a lot smaller. It's too damn big, too bloated with silver key bologna and optional rooms. I hope 3.0 addresses some of the more cumbersome aspects of the lab, because it really is a bit ridiculous. Getting to Izaro is generally pretty easy, it just takes too damn long. Just streamline the place and have 1 boss fight instead of three.

If you go straight to him and ignore every mob, I'd say it takes between 4 and 10 minutes for the average toon to reach each fight, depending on layout. Probably less with Quicksilver Flask and broken run speed. For most people it's a 30 minute affair. Once you know the general layout sections want to take, you can usually go straight to the next area transition.

To me there's two ways to do lab: go straight for Izaro or farm every last inch. It's actually pretty good XP at level, and lots of loot due to the sheer mob density, and its propensity for spawning Tormented Spirits and Strongboxes. To be honest when I'm not trying to get my Ascendancy points, I like the Lab crawl for what it is. But it's a frustration when you just want to check the Ascendancy for that difficulty off your list.
"We're pilgrims in an unholy land."
IMHO, lab is one of best contents in PoE. I rly love its design. It's place where you have to know what you are doing and not just faceroll everything.
"
Muksu123 wrote:
IMHO, lab is one of best contents in PoE. I rly love its design. It's place where you have to know what you are doing and not just faceroll everything.

I agree.

Lab is fun. I always do it at level, or right after Malachi of the same difficulty. I have never had a problem with traps. Traps are cake. Only phase Izaro is even dangerous is the 3rd one, but even then if you have removed his bonuses in the first 2 phases, he's nothing to worry about if you move around a little.
"
katchwi wrote:
Yeah, lab is cancer.

Between that, trades and the new crap they are adding to the game i dont even want to touch it.

GGG is the new blizzard to me.

They even got it involved with maps to get the extra ascendancy points. At this point there is a clear message.

"Lab is cancer" Why?

You don't want to touch the game because of trades and new content?

How on earth is GGG Blizzard? Have you seen how little they care about D3?

What's the clear message?
Running labyrynth is slow as hell, we did not sign up to play sokoban or anything like it. The tar zombies are an invention of a sadist, adding a slow in the already crappiest layout. Basically you have to run some traps, a boss, stay focused and pay attention, since a single mistake can kill you (or a second of lag for that matter), while beeing bored to death with running around a place you don't like.
All this comes with a ~30 min penalty, if you fail.

Some people have it alot easier, using builds with good movement skills/speed, high armor and/or regen, but although some posters do not agree with me all builds have to do it.
Last edited by majna on Mar 10, 2017, 10:14:08 AM
"
Muksu123 wrote:

this.

I also think Izaro is the easiest part in lab, ususally i die because of the Goddess's barrage.. :P

I'm actually dual-totem right now because i want to complete uberlab + some map-bosses and then maybe go back to my original plan which is Arc.
d:-D*
"
Nenjin wrote:
"
Psomm wrote:
Lab is a shit mechanic and has no business hiding character progression, specifically in HC. In SC who gives a shit if your frogger dies to a network hiccup blade-car.

Because having my time wasted due to tech problems is just a lesser order of bullshit compared having your HC character rip?

Oh I agree it's still a pain in the ass. The softcore comment was directed at the scrubs who see nothing wrong with the lab. Dying to a hiccup crossyroad spike wheel is game over in HC, just another death of many deaths for sc.

I don't even run it anymore in HC, what a shit mechanic to have there.
I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth.
Just saying, even us softcore scrubs have reason to hate how it works sometimes. Our loss of time may not equal a HC character but it still makes me salty as fuck to spend 30 minutes and have nothing to show for it, because I had to skip everything, because it's the only way to efficiently get through the lab.
"We're pilgrims in an unholy land."
After many deaths in the lab, i can actually give an opinion of i disagree. Yes it took a frustrating amount of attempts when i first started to pass the lab, but after defeating lab it was an amazing feeling.
I think lab forces you to think and adapt.
*Now, people who do it on HC, i applaud you greatly.......
I think that the trials before lab could be reduced to once, but it really is not that bad, just annoying more so than anything.
But to each their own, good luck!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info