PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

What is wrong with the lab?

Lab is fucking awful. I go in once per toon and thats it.

I dont die because i go in way over level. Best to have massice life regen too so I usually turn off vaal pack if I'm using it.
Git R Dun!
I do usually Normal and Cruel Lab before entering Merciless (So i can use crap gear with high life rolls before switching gear to cap out resses).

Merciless after reaching level 75-78 in Dried Lake. Uberlab if i feel rdy for it. But its usually not before lv 87,88.

I died once in the Lab. Its clearly a l2p issue (and im rly not a good gamer :P). Evreyone who is not willing to learn the traps should clearly stay at CoD or CS.. ;)
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

I'm just here to say that I really REALLY despise the lab. It is unfun incarnate for me. I still do it, I crave the power that only it provides. You don't want to be anywhere near me when I do it. Desynch and die to a trap, restart. Crash, punch something that is much harder than my fist, restart. Disconnect at one of the 18 loading screens, stifle rage of a level that previous to this moment I wasn't sure I was capable of... restart.

Is any version of lab besides Uber hard? not really. Merc can be depending on your build. Is it so tedious that I die a little inside every time I do it? yes. yes it is.

If you hate lab so much why do you do it? It makes builds. It makes almost every build. You can pay for rushes, you can get the mechanics down, you can memorize layouts. All of these are workarounds. They aren't good enough.

Keep it, let the people who like it get phat loot to sell to me for a lot currency. Sure. Cool. Awesome. Everyone who is reasonable in their desires is satisfied with that. Don't lock ascendancy behind it, because it's slowly warping me, and a lot of others, into someone to whom that uninstall button is looking appealing.
Well I agree. Its a fun place to do it once or maybe two times. It is unfair to ppl who live away from the server or have a bad isp/unlucky dcs. The traps are awful in a online game, 1 sec of bad ping and ur dead... I think that lab must give the rewards only enchants, items etc but not the ascendency so u can choose to do it for the extra reward or if u like me just do it once and never look back lol. Sry for my english I hope u all understand :)
Lab should be a lot smaller. It's too damn big, too bloated with silver key bologna and optional rooms. I hope 3.0 addresses some of the more cumbersome aspects of the lab, because it really is a bit ridiculous. Getting to Izaro is generally pretty easy, it just takes too damn long. Just streamline the place and have 1 boss fight instead of three.
"
Pulga013 wrote:

Do I need to be 30 lvls over the lab to beat it without sweating blood? that doesn't make any sense.

"
Nephalim wrote:
You need to be 25 or so levels above the lab for it to make sense. This is simply the way the game breaking asc classes were balanced.

thats kind of the point the OP is asking about. which for the record if we talk about the first lab everyone has to go through for a moment here as the base example. the first lab is level 33, but it is not a viable option to do it "at level" especially in HC "at level" you will get owned by the first boss phase hard. nevermind making it all the way through the damn thing to get mandatory ascendancy points.

what most people have said in lab topics is that they overlevel this lab by 7-15 levels before they even attempt it. some just ignore it all together until they get to end game and go back to do the normal and cruel ones because they can basically blow things up without trying.

..and see all that is where the problem lies. i have noted this in other topics but here it is again. the game itself is built in such a way that as you level you are either doing "at level" content or content that is "over level". then lab comes along and you cant even do it at level. its one of the only places i see that you have to do "under leveled" to actually succeed.

Like others have said, I agree that charge disruptors are the only mechanic that kinda sucks for on-level play. Obviously certain kind of builds thrive in the lab and others really don't, but any build that will be aimed at red maps (apart from supports) should be able to finish even the uber lab on a day with easy mechanics.

Personally I've come to like the lab as a decent test of a builds strength or as a sanity check.
Its existence ?
-
Last edited by katchwi on Sep 25, 2017, 5:32:39 PM
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info