[3.9?] Sidefx Frost Blades - Hyped for Support +

"
lDantonl wrote:
Hey Sidefx06, nice build!

I also made a crit frost blade raider for my league starter and wanted to share the idea.

Our gear choice, gem links, and tree slightly differ so i'd like to talk about my choices.

Some interesting ideas, I want to go swords too as I hate claws. How would you compare the trade offs between running Kintsugi (fits raider and eva/dodge very well) and The Perfect Form (saves points and free AA)?
Last edited by shadowscion on Mar 11, 2017, 4:41:10 PM
"
shadowscion wrote:
"
lDantonl wrote:
Hey Sidefx06, nice build!

I also made a crit frost blade raider for my league starter and wanted to share the idea.

Our gear choice, gem links, and tree slightly differ so i'd like to talk about my choices.

Some interesting ideas, I want to go swords too as I hate claws. How would you compare the trade offs between running Kintsugi (fits raider and eva/dodge very well) and The Perfect Form (saves points and free AA)?

The issue with running with out the claw or at least a ewars is you lose the Chain. Which IS huge dps loss. It will make you clear the map slower. as now you need to angle your back-shots of frostblades to hit packs. and will not off screen clear all the time anymore. (also going live in about 30 min for a couple hours. will not be on frostblades this very moment (working on a new guide) but you may come have fun and ask questions.
It is a tradeoff, I found that the dreamfeather/sword version is much much better at bossing but lacks the offscreen clear speed that the Touch of Anguish brings. Really the touch version is much better for general mapping. I think if you had a really good claw you might use it on swap for bosses though.

I have been trying to work a bit on the bossing aspects of the build. Right now the build lacks quite a bit in the boss department. It pretty much holds the build back because you start to have problems with bosses at higher content. That said it was one of the funner starter builds I have done and was unique if not the fastest.

I am just at a loss of what to do for single target, nothing I have tried really works well. I never really found a good solution to that issue. The best option I have found is blade flurry or double strike for bosses like atziri.
"
Maethorr wrote:
It is a tradeoff, I found that the dreamfeather/sword version is much much better at bossing but lacks the offscreen clear speed that the Touch of Anguish brings. Really the touch version is much better for general mapping. I think if you had a really good claw you might use it on swap for bosses though.

I have been trying to work a bit on the bossing aspects of the build. Right now the build lacks quite a bit in the boss department. It pretty much holds the build back because you start to have problems with bosses at higher content. That said it was one of the funner starter builds I have done and was unique if not the fastest.

I am just at a loss of what to do for single target, nothing I have tried really works well. I never really found a good solution to that issue. The best option I have found is blade flurry or double strike for bosses like atziri.

Atm im testing Frostbomb in a 4l or a ancestral 40% cold in a 4slot. working decent for t12s
Hi Sidefx,
Really Nice buid (still Progression in merciless thou...)

I wonder how the build performs in breach maps (particular in doing esh, because i am looking to build howa later in the league)?
Last edited by hunTShoo on Mar 12, 2017, 5:17:30 AM
"
hunTShoo wrote:
Hi Sidefx,
Really Nice buid (still Progression in merciless thou...)

I wonder how the build performs in breach maps (particular in doing esh, because i am looking to build howa later in the league)?

On stream today i did t14's with 5 Mob pack sextants dbl breech and bloodlines. Clears breach easy.
Why not using another weapon and whirling blades? i dont see a reason to use the shield
and btw, is it worth to invest in gear with Wed or added phys damage?
"
CoachHinesInc wrote:
and btw, is it worth to invest in gear with Wed or added phys damage?

Well, duel wielding for this skill isn't really top tier as the skill cycles from weapon to weapon per hit, it does not hit with both weapons at once. The shield also allows me to make up for my resists that I may be lacking easier to use other uniques in other slots. Also I can use whirling blades with a shield, but with 8 frenzy charges for Attack speed and move speed shield charge becomes a way better mobility skill as it affected by both. WB is only affected by attack speed. As far as Weapon ele vrs added phys. Added FLAT phys imo would give more a dps boost as It scales the damage before its converted and ultimately scaling that further. Since we are doing full ele damage in the end. Weapon ele is imo easier to grab on gear without worrying about MORE stats to shove in. I did not however go into testing it super hard. Another thing added to look into! Thanks!
Last edited by Sidefx06 on Mar 12, 2017, 9:22:50 AM
If you're struggling with single target, wouldn't it be an option to drop any of the monster spawning talismans to the boss? I'm thinking that would allow a large number of the projectiles to chain from the spawned monsters to the boss, giving much higher damage than just spamming FB

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info