[3.9?] Sidefx Frost Blades - Hyped for Support +

"
Yup, i am interesting in a typical farming maps, without shaper\guardians now.
So that's why asked this question :3 But i am planning to try with a high DPS claw, not this one uniq.
And worry about aoe and clear speed, without chain :/

The weapon is 100% needed Your clear speed will suffer drastically. You can run chain gem but hurts your dps alot. This build is a speed mapper, one of the faster builds. You wont be able to do shaper and maybe guardians with TOP TOP gear but still unlikely.
Last edited by Sidefx06 on Mar 10, 2017, 6:57:43 AM
Hey,thx for build, got 80lvl atm.

but i have 2 problems.

First, low dps in single target, like boss/fat yellow is real problem.

Second, and most important, survaveability, i dont die often, but bosses and uniq mobs like beyonders and same stuff rly bring problems.

any tips about it?

"
almazn2015 wrote:
Hey,thx for build, got 80lvl atm.

but i have 2 problems.

First, low dps in single target, like boss/fat yellow is real problem.

Second, and most important, survaveability, i dont die often, but bosses and uniq mobs like beyonders and same stuff rly bring problems.

any tips about it?

You are going to have single target issues (This is a map speed farming build not boss killer), better gear/pen will help (think of it like vaal spark destroy map in 10 sec fight boss for a bit haha) and Always make sure u are chaining the build has so much leech you wont die unless you get one shot.. no mobs around use your mobility to your advantage. Or for some real fun. Breach gem and leech off the adds.
I'm going live now! If you have any questions about the build please swing by exiles!
Haven't looked through the whole thread but have you considered using The Wise Oak flask? Gives you 20% penetration of the element you have the most resist of. With more cold res than fire/lightning you'll easily hit 100% cold pen.
"
Hojirozame wrote:
Haven't looked through the whole thread but have you considered using The Wise Oak flask? Gives you 20% penetration of the element you have the most resist of. With more cold res than fire/lightning you'll easily hit 100% cold pen.

yes it has been suggested on my stream ;)
Hey Sidefx06, nice build!

I also made a crit frost blade raider for my league starter and wanted to share the idea.

Our gear choice, gem links, and tree slightly differ so i'd like to talk about my choices.

=============================================================================================

Main difference between our trees:
I elected to go the route of crit swords and skip vaal pact, focusing less on leech. Since we are evasion based, i usually find myself dying to one-shots rather than needing to heal up quickly with vaal pact. Vaal pact shines more on builds which have much higher health pools (CI, Low life 10k+ builds) and less on 5k life builds.

Additionally, i am a dual wield build to take advantage of the free 'more' attack speed multiplier. Since we are Acrobatics, armour, blocking, and es are less effective, so i chose to not take a shield.

Here's my proposed level 87 tree

=============================================================================================

Main difference between our links:
The thing about frost blades is that it's clear speed is great, but struggles with single target damage. I noticed you're ignoring Melee Physical Damage and Elemental Focus, two more multipliers that greatly scales our single target damage. Melee physical damage does ignore the additonal projectile damage, but this is trivial as clearing trash mobs with this build is already a breeze. With those two 'more' multipliers, single target damage is insane.
My links are: Frost Blades + Weapon Elemental Damage + Multistrike + Elemental Focus + Melee Physical Damage + Cold Penetration.

I believe this setup is the absolute best for maximizing single target damage.

Main difference between our gear:
The Perfect Form. The name pretty much sums up this item, it's perfect. Free Arctic armour for more physical and fire mitigation and free Phase Acro to deal with spell damage. The -30% cold resistance is extremely trivial compared to the upsides, taking more rare life resi gear irons it out perfectly.

I do like your choice of Starkonja's Head, i may incorporate it into my build.

The rest for me is just good rares. My weapons cost me 15c and 30c each. I crafted the boots and found the rest.

*Edit
Updated my gear, added Starkona's, i really like it!
My gear for reference
Spoiler

Well that's about it for my short analysis. Good luck out there!
-Dark
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
Last edited by lDantonl on Mar 11, 2017, 10:52:18 AM
"
lDantonl wrote:

I also made a crit frost blade raider for my league starter and wanted to share the idea.

Our gear choice, gem links, and tree slightly differ so i'd like to talk about my choices.

I elected to go the route of crit swords and skip vaal pact, focusing less on leech. Since we are evasion based, i usually find myself dying to one-shots rather than needing to heal up quickly with vaal pact. Vaal pact shines more on builds which much higher health pools (CI, Low life 10k+ builds) and less on 5k life builds.

Additionally, i am a dual wield build to take advantage of the free 'more' attack speed multiplier. Since we are Acrobatics, armour, blocking, and es are less effective, so i chose to not take a shield.

The thing about frost blades is that it's clear speed is great, but struggles with single target damage. I noticed you're ignoring Melee Physical Damage and Elemental Focus, two more multipliers that greatly scales our single target damage. Melee physical damage does ignore the additonal projectile damage, but this is trivial as clearing trash mobs with this build is already a breeze. With those two 'more' multipliers, single target damage is insane.
My links are: Frost Blades + Weapon Elemental Damage + Multistrike + Elemental Focus + Melee Physical Damage + Cold Penetration.

The Perfect Form. The name pretty much sums up this item, it's perfect. Free Arctic armour for more physical and fire mitigation and free Phase Acro to deal with spell damage. The -30% cold resistance is extremely trivial compared to the upsides, taking more rare life resi gear irons it out perfectly.

The rest for me is just good rares. My weapons cost me 15c and 30c each. I crafted the boots and found the rest.

*Edit
My gear for reference
Spoiler

-Dark

Thanks for your input, im still very open to trying different things, atm im currently working on a new build to make a guide for. When that comes to a head ill come back and fully update this guide the gear i show and what not is upgraded now. Still have some testing ideas I want to try out as well for it.
"
lDantonl wrote:

Spoiler

I elected to go the route of crit swords and skip vaal pact, focusing less on leech. Since we are evasion based, i usually find myself dying to one-shots rather than needing to heal up quickly with vaal pact. Vaal pact shines more on builds which have much higher health pools (CI, Low life 10k+ builds) and less on 5k life builds.

*Edit
My gear for reference
Spoiler

-Dark

I'm curious what your current eHP and avg DPS is with this build, I've been running cheap-ish ToA Path Frostblades build and have ~4.3k, your item combinations intrigue me.
"
drovix wrote:
"
lDantonl wrote:

Spoiler

*Edit
My gear for reference
Spoiler

-Dark

I'm curious what your current eHP and avg DPS is with this build, I've been running cheap-ish ToA Path Frostblades build and have ~4.3k, your item combinations intrigue me.

I'm not sure what my eHp is, but i have 4.3k life.
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info