[3.9?] Sidefx Frost Blades - Hyped for Support +

Heyho. Nice build looks fun so far.
Never really looked into Frost Blades but it looks really awesome.
Quick question,
Is it wise to start with it as a league starter?
Also do you freeze with frost blades?
As i stated never played it so iam kinda lost.

Also can you upload a Video for clearing or other Stuff just to showcase?
Looked into twitch but havent found a Frost Blades Video expect 3.0 Leveling.

Thanks for your time for the guide and to reply to our messages :)
Last edited by marcel2142 on Jul 9, 2017, 3:25:11 PM
curious tryn this build out also in beta 3.0 was wondering about type gloves you used for your build didnt see any on it listed .

also lil vag on the items you used to lvl with think was spelling i figured out what they were
also type of jewels you used also in build figured was more than the 2 listed
love to hear from you soon take care
Gems and claws will probably be expensive.
I just started a char using this extremely impressive build and I have a few questions I would like to ask (everyone), and bare with me if some seem stupid/newb. Additionally, if the question has already been answered in previous posts forgive me because I did not have time to read all 49 forum posts.

First off, shield vs. dual wield... I am unsure which way to go, but if you do go with the shield. What would be a good replacement claw if you have the two touches of anguish, if any change is needed at all? Would it be better to get a yellow with higher dmg/attack spd?

Secondly, I am not sure I understand the reason for having immortal call on this build. I do not understand how you could generate endurance charges for the skill to work, nor do I understand why CWDT and Ice Golem would be needed as well. I understand the increased duration gem, but why put Ice Golem on CWDT? My golem seems to rarely die, so I don't understand why it needs to be cast every single time I engage CWDT, seems like a waste of mana to me?

Thank you for any help you all provide me! Sorry if they are stupid questions as well.

Lord3drx
"
Lord3drx wrote:
I just started a char using this extremely impressive build and I have a few questions I would like to ask (everyone), and bare with me if some seem stupid/newb. Additionally, if the question has already been answered in previous posts forgive me because I did not have time to read all 49 forum posts.

First off, shield vs. dual wield... I am unsure which way to go, but if you do go with the shield. What would be a good replacement claw if you have the two touches of anguish, if any change is needed at all? Would it be better to get a yellow with higher dmg/attack spd?

Secondly, I am not sure I understand the reason for having immortal call on this build. I do not understand how you could generate endurance charges for the skill to work, nor do I understand why CWDT and Ice Golem would be needed as well. I understand the increased duration gem, but why put Ice Golem on CWDT? My golem seems to rarely die, so I don't understand why it needs to be cast every single time I engage CWDT, seems like a waste of mana to me?

Thank you for any help you all provide me! Sorry if they are stupid questions as well.

Lord3drx

For your 2nd point, Immortal Call still works with 0 Endurance charges so when it proc's it'll make you invulnerable for a brief moment, which can save you from one shots such as porcupines.

The reason for having golems on CWDT is just a quality of life mostly, but also makes sure that it has 100% uptime incase it does die and you don't notice it dropped, since CWDT setups aren't manually cast either it costs 0 mana to use.
I used two Scaeva early on, they are cheap (2-4c first few days then 1c).

You don't need to invest in claw nodes until you get good claws, Scaeva has very high pdps. Use duelist leech nodes in place of Magpie, respec later. Scaleswith herald of ash and Hatred. Plenty of dps and prob cheaper than buying two high Edps foils early in league. The Scaeva also gives some extra block from one in offhand and higher crit mainhand.
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Last edited by KooperT on Jul 11, 2017, 10:59:06 PM
"
KooperT wrote:
I used two Scaeva early on, they are cheap (2-4c first few days then 1c).

You don't need to invest in claw nodes until you get good claws, Scaeva has very high pdps. Use duelist leech nodes in place of Magpie, respec later. Scaleswith herald of ash and Hatred. Plenty of dps and prob cheaper than buying two high Edps foils early in league. The Scaeva also gives some extra block from one in offhand and higher crit mainhand.

How did you find the lack of chain while using two scaevas?
In regards to the edps, does any element work? Like if I find a claw with like 300 edps, usually it has like 30 - 89 fire, 20 - 58 cold, 1 - 150 lightning (I know the numbers don't add to 300) will it work ok with frost blades? or does frost blades just need elemental dps period?
"
Lord3drx wrote:
In regards to the edps, does any element work? Like if I find a claw with like 300 edps, usually it has like 30 - 89 fire, 20 - 58 cold, 1 - 150 lightning (I know the numbers don't add to 300) will it work ok with frost blades? or does frost blades just need elemental dps period?

Frostblades is physical to elemental conversion, so you want high phys weapon.
Nice guide dude, i'm leveling on this moment and I have just a question, i have some mana problem, how do u do to dont spend mana on ur build? i'm level 35 only, maybe later i dont will have this problem but I want to ask u

Thx for guide dude, amazing dmg
IGN: Pilapelatelawalo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info