[3.9?] Sidefx Frost Blades - Hyped for Support +

Just posting to say that I'm loving the build, and it's easily the best I have played so far.

It still felt a bit weak at L70, but every level after has felt better than the last (L83 atm). I'm comfortably clearing yellow maps atm and slowly working my way through the atlas for the first time.

As I keep building up my currency levels, I'm improving gear as I need to. The only real downside is my current life pool (<3000) which is most likely due to my absolute butchering of the passive tree.

Last edited by Mr_Ikea on May 1, 2017, 7:33:44 PM
"
missingcipher wrote:
What do you guys think I should update next? I feel a bit squishy. 4.6k health
Spoiler

I also have to use a mana pot to sustain whirling blades, you guys have that problem?

Hi there, I'm also doing (and enjoying) that build.

Some points:

- Feel a bit squishy : you are using Abyssus, an insane DPS boost helm... but also a massive drawback. Because you don't have evasion (Kaom's) you may suffer from those small hits. (or from unlucky days like me haha)

- Evasion : talking about that, you went to the Onslaught part of the Ascendancy Talents, I spent a long time figuring out which one would be the most valuable for me, then I saw that Kaom's boots took away my evasion, and the second talent from it would be half wasted. (my opinion there.)

- Sustain Whirling blades : blood magic, I know you may say... Vaal pact... I got used too... (as you can see i only use one health pot, and I usually only get killed by reflect and those explosive mobs... /hate or unlucky dodge haha )

@OP
thanks for the build! I'm loving it!

Tried it w/o Vaal Pact... (to do the trials...) but got killed to a 'Greach Bang' =D
I'm currently sitting at 5300 HP , with space to improve on jewelry.

Lion's Roar is BEAST.
I'm seeking to buy a Taste of Hate, tho money doesn't grow on trees and I doesn't even know which pot to take away.

My LSC Gear

Ps.1. I know, I don't need 2 freezing pots (ascendancy) just lazy
Ps.2. Cold penetration gem is a swap to Hypothermia
Future Plan..
=/

Which jewels do we have to use for another 2 empty place?
So what YOU can do with your meh gear (wut are this rings) ?
"
DarqKiller wrote:
"
missingcipher wrote:
What do you guys think I should update next? I feel a bit squishy. 4.6k health
Spoiler

I also have to use a mana pot to sustain whirling blades, you guys have that problem?

Hi there, I'm also doing (and enjoying) that build.

Some points:

- Feel a bit squishy : you are using Abyssus, an insane DPS boost helm... but also a massive drawback. Because you don't have evasion (Kaom's) you may suffer from those small hits. (or from unlucky days like me haha)

- Evasion : talking about that, you went to the Onslaught part of the Ascendancy Talents, I spent a long time figuring out which one would be the most valuable for me, then I saw that Kaom's boots took away my evasion, and the second talent from it would be half wasted. (my opinion there.)

- Sustain Whirling blades : blood magic, I know you may say... Vaal pact... I got used too... (as you can see i only use one health pot, and I usually only get killed by reflect and those explosive mobs... /hate or unlucky dodge haha )

@OP
thanks for the build! I'm loving it!

Tried it w/o Vaal Pact... (to do the trials...) but got killed to a 'Greach Bang' =D
I'm currently sitting at 5300 HP , with space to improve on jewelry.

Lion's Roar is BEAST.
I'm seeking to buy a Taste of Hate, tho money doesn't grow on trees and I doesn't even know which pot to take away.

My LSC Gear

Ps.1. I know, I don't need 2 freezing pots (ascendancy) just lazy
Ps.2. Cold penetration gem is a swap to Hypothermia
Future Plan..
=/

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, I might go ahead and change the helm since I feel my DPS is more than enough. I'm mostly just trying to avoid big one-shots, but I'm not sure if there's much to be done about that (My IC is lvl10 and triggers often)

Thanks for linking your gear too, cheers!
'ello again.

I was wondering about life flasks. I noticed you (and other people) use a bubbling instead of a seething. Is it for the longer effect duration on status effect removers, or due to some interaction with Belly of the Beast?

"
Harpoontang wrote:
'ello again.

I was wondering about life flasks. I noticed you (and other people) use a bubbling instead of a seething. Is it for the longer effect duration on status effect removers, or due to some interaction with Belly of the Beast?

The increased recovery speed makes it slight better,

Also thank you everyone who enjoys the build! Make sure you guys follow my stream as i play it from time to time. www.twitch.tv/Sidefxmayinclde
Heya, i'm probably just missing something but how do you sustain mana? Can't seem to figure it out. Just Ass.Mark?
"
Preluded wrote:
Heya, i'm probably just missing something but how do you sustain mana? Can't seem to figure it out. Just Ass.Mark?

I use Poachers, and only rarely have mana trouble.
This is my first build where I didn't need two mana potions to sustain.
Why wouldn't you use melee phys over faster attacks? As far as flasks go, taste and lions roar are too good not to carry, and you really don't need a QS, so I would look at Wise Oak, Taste, Atziri's/Lions (situational).

To the people complaining about mana that follow this tree, you pass the duelist leech wheel, but with the Soul Raker node, you really shouldn't need anything past that.

Edit:
Reworked your tree a bit: http://poeurl.com/bi0z
Melee phys over faster attacks for starters, a halfway decent ammy with flat phys and crit multi is gonna be a lot easier (and better in most cases) to get your hands on than a deep one talisman that isn't garbage.
Last edited by Eagle3o on May 8, 2017, 5:12:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info