[3.9?] Sidefx Frost Blades - Hyped for Support +

"
Harpoontang wrote:
Good morning.

So, as stated before, I'm loving this build :)

I'm looking to turn her into a pure kill speed monster, and was looking to get a gg talisman.I read the stat priority in the guide, and it lists crit chance/crit multi/cold dmg/atk speed as the priorities.

I'm probably gonna buy a rare greatwolf with 2 implicits, so I was wondering if the ordering would still be the same, of if things like %attack damage might change things up a bit?

What would your dream dps talisman look like?

implicits:

%attack damage
%phys/%cold/crit c/crit m

explicits:

some combination of what's left from above with
%elemental damage with weapons
+# to # phys dmg
+# to # cold dmg

Help me throw all my chaos away!:P

Thanks!

Sounds good from what im seeing i think it could be a sexy upgrade, my neck is very good as well but sadly not common.
is it possible to play this build without vaal pact? the no regen makes it quite hard to do lab
"
duabijitelur wrote:
is it possible to play this build without vaal pact? the no regen makes it quite hard to do lab

Bring health potions with you to Lab. Should not be an issue then, unless you are careless and step in EVERYTHING.
Hey sorry for my noob question, but someone told me herald of ice doesn't curse on hit:

Herald of ice - Hatred - Curse on hit - Assassin's Mark

How does it work? What procs CoH and apply Assassin's Mark? Ty!

Edit: looks like herald of ice rarely apply AM, granting me a power charge. I have another question, CWDT (lvl 8) - Immortal Call (lvl 10) - Ice Golem (lv 10), where do we get endurance charges for IC?
Last edited by Pheu on Apr 30, 2017, 7:52:37 AM
"
Pheu wrote:
Hey sorry for my noob question, but someone told me herald of ice doesn't curse on hit:

Edit: looks like herald of ice rarely apply AM, granting me a power charge. I have another question, CWDT (lvl 8) - Immortal Call (lvl 10) - Ice Golem (lv 10), where do we get endurance charges for IC?

It's herald of ash that doesn't curse on hit. Herald of ice and herald of thunder both can curse on hit.

Replace your weapons with 2 touch of anguish and you'll probably a lot more herald of ice applying assassins mark. It does for me

This build doesn't use endurance charges, making immortal call kind of pointless.
Last edited by Ratedetar on Apr 30, 2017, 8:06:54 AM
"
Ratedetar wrote:
"
Pheu wrote:

It's herald of ash that doesn't curse on hit. Herald of ice and herald of thunder both can curse on hit.

Replace your weapons with 2 touch of anguish and you'll probably a lot more herald of ice applying assassins mark. It does for me

This build doesn't use endurance charges, making immortal call kind of pointless.

Immoral call is always far from pointless. you still get a proc just not a long one, most CWDT run increased dur.
I'm not a huge numbers guy, so maybe I'm wrong.

I just don't see how the buff from immortal call which is going to be less than a second is going to be beneficial at all when this build relies a lot on evasion.

It just seems like too much RNG that i'd rather use something else that I can be more reliable.
Last edited by Ratedetar on Apr 30, 2017, 6:09:54 PM
"
Ratedetar wrote:
I'm not a huge numbers guy, so maybe I'm wrong.

I just don't see how the buff from immortal call which is going to be less than a second is going to be beneficial at all when this build relies a lot on evasion.

It just seems like too much RNG that i'd rather use something else that I can be more reliable.

to each his own i guess ;)
So a couple of weeks ago I partied with a guildmate who was running this build. It looked like a lot of fun, so I decided to turn my Tshot ranger into this. Best idea I've had all league! But, since I also really really wanted to go really really fast, I did some changes. I dropped the Belly for a Queen of the Forest, and the Starkonja's for an Alpha's Howl. Then I picked up some corrupted +1 frenzy Darkray Vectors, because needs more frenzy! With the Alpha's Howl, Charisma on the tree, as well as a level 4 Enlighten, I can squeeze in Hatred, Herald of Ice and Grace.

Pros:
- Zoomy zoom zoom! In HO with Grace up I've got +35% MS. In maps, with 10 Frenzy charges up, I've got +131% MS.
- Alpha's Howl gets you freeze immunity and chill resistance until Avatar of the Veil.
Lots more evasion. Diminishing returns obviously, but every bit helps, and it helps make you faster!
- Dropped Whirling Blades since I go plenty fast enough as it is, gives room for other gems!

Cons:
- Less life, obviously. At 90, I'm sitting at 4973 life, with four 4% life nodes in immediate reach. I'll probably pick damage though. Maybe.
- Spending 4 points to pick up Charisma means less damage nodes. That said, my current tooltip dps in hideout is 63.5k and in maps with charges up it's 120k, so it's not like I'm lacking in damage.
- Something I haven't thought of, probably.

All in all I'm having loads of fun zooming around, and getting dead more than I should because I'm a terrible player. But as long as I'm having fun it's all good!
What do you guys think I should update next? I feel a bit squishy. 4.6k health

I also have to use a mana pot to sustain whirling blades, you guys have that problem?
Last edited by missingcipher on May 1, 2017, 2:49:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info