[3.9?] Sidefx Frost Blades - Hyped for Support +

"
missingcipher wrote:
This build really takes off at lvl 68 with the latest tree (and uniques). Cost me about 20-25 regrets to fix, but it wasn't that bad. Cheers!

Ok guys I updated the tees to transition into DW easier, also please check out my most recent build I would really appreciate that!

2.6 Cthulhu Arrow - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1886332
Looks badass, nice!
Not really sure how to deal with the beyond bosses that sometimes appear, they pretty much one shot me. I have +max life on all of my gear except for the amulet, so I don't really see how I can push it a lot further. Any ideas?
Why did you update? :( While I was doing this build, ( I am 51 lvl now. And I can't change my point.) you changed it. Now, I have to begin at the beginning.

My english is so bad .S but I wanted to write this.
Last edited by Evsalim on Apr 17, 2017, 1:19:15 AM
"
Evsalim wrote:
Why did you update? :( While I was doing this build, ( I am 51 lvl now. And I can't change my point.) you changed it. Now, I have to begin at the beginning.

My english is so bad .S but I wanted to write this.

He changed it be cause he had two different passive tree's I believe. A leveling tree which was for 1 hander + shield and the final passive tree which was for dual wielding claws. (I think, correct me if I'm wrong !)

If he didn't changed it you'd still be in the same position, but with a lot more passives needing to be switched around.
Last edited by Ratedetar on Apr 17, 2017, 8:51:55 PM
started this build and i like it alot. only thing is i am kinda stuck with mapping ( i have not done merc and uber labs (cause i am not able to)) but i die really quick against bosses. any tips for this noob :] ?

Last edited by Dellith on Apr 19, 2017, 6:41:04 PM
A couple of real quick fixes to help with bosses:

1. remove Culling Strike from your Whirling Blades set up and replace with the Fortify gem. Instant 20% damage mitigation.

2. Ancestral Warchief - Faster Attacks - WED - Concentrated Effect. This gives something else for the boss to possibly be distracted by which helps survivability, but it also adds a good amount of damage. For some boss fights you can set the totem, zip around keeping out of danger and just let the totem do the damage.

3. You posted your gear but not your flasks. A Basalt Flask can be very helpful too in boss fights.

4. A bit difficult because your armour is corrupted, but try swapping out Faster Attacks with Melee Physical Damage. The Multistrike gives us good added speed already and Faster Attacks isn't actually adding damage, it's just making us apply damage more frequently. Yeah, it sounds like I'm splitting hairs but give it a go and let us know your thoughts.

5. I really appreciate the OP's build, but I'm not a brilliant player so I prefer the added defence of a shield. I'd recommend either:
or

The first give awesome increased elemental mitigation which is very helpful against reflects while the second gives some good balance of life, defence, spell block and additional damage.

Of course, you'd have to respec your tree because the dual wield nodes won't help so you may not want to go down that path. You can check out the tree on my character "The_Deadly_Glacier" in my profile. Still a work in progress but reasonably solid.

My items right now, the problem with this build is the low pool hp, btw very fun to play, i haven't yet tried aziri/guardian
"
A couple of real quick fixes to help with bosses:

1. remove Culling Strike from your Whirling Blades set up and replace with the Fortify gem. Instant 20% damage mitigation.

2. Ancestral Warchief - Faster Attacks - WED - Concentrated Effect. This gives something else for the boss to possibly be distracted by which helps survivability, but it also adds a good amount of damage. For some boss fights you can set the totem, zip around keeping out of danger and just let the totem do the damage.

3. You posted your gear but not your flasks. A Basalt Flask can be very helpful too in boss fights.

4. A bit difficult because your armour is corrupted, but try swapping out Faster Attacks with Melee Physical Damage. The Multistrike gives us good added speed already and Faster Attacks isn't actually adding damage, it's just making us apply damage more frequently. Yeah, it sounds like I'm splitting hairs but give it a go and let us know your thoughts.

5. I really appreciate the OP's build, but I'm not a brilliant player so I prefer the added defence of a shield. I'd recommend either:
or

The first give awesome increased elemental mitigation which is very helpful against reflects while the second gives some good balance of life, defence, spell block and additional damage.

Of course, you'd have to respec your tree because the dual wield nodes won't help so you may not want to go down that path. You can check out the tree on my character "The_Deadly_Glacier" in my profile. Still a work in progress but reasonably solid.

When i originally posted the build about a month ago, it started as 1 claw 1 painted buckler. Also all of the things you pretty much stated here were already done or looked at in the build haha.
I was just wondering where the endurance charges are coming from for Immortal Call to discharge?

Sorry, I'm new :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info