[3.9?] Sidefx Frost Blades - Hyped for Support +

"
Eagle3o wrote:
Why wouldn't you use melee phys over faster attacks? As far as flasks go, taste and lions roar are too good not to carry, and you really don't need a QS, so I would look at Wise Oak, Taste, Atziri's/Lions (situational).

To the people complaining about mana that follow this tree, you pass the duelist leech wheel, but with the Soul Raker node, you really shouldn't need anything past that.

Edit:
Reworked your tree a bit: http://poeurl.com/bi0z
Melee phys over faster attacks for starters, a halfway decent ammy with flat phys and crit multi is gonna be a lot easier (and better in most cases) to get your hands on than a deep one talisman that isn't garbage.

About the reworked tree: Not meaning to offend, but I am pretty sure it's worse. Plugged it into PoB, and while it has 1-2% increased life from tree, you lose out on ~12% total damage (not talking about losing a 12% mod, 12% straight damage), compared to Sidefx's tree.

Accuracy and life and pretty much exactly the same. Just that crit, buffed with 3 PC's and diamond flask, is around 9% less, which is pretty significant.

All in all, I think Sidefx' original tree is better.
Last edited by Fire309 on May 10, 2017, 3:59:45 PM
"
Fire309 wrote:
"
Eagle3o wrote:
Why wouldn't you use melee phys over faster attacks? As far as flasks go, taste and lions roar are too good not to carry, and you really don't need a QS, so I would look at Wise Oak, Taste, Atziri's/Lions (situational).

To the people complaining about mana that follow this tree, you pass the duelist leech wheel, but with the Soul Raker node, you really shouldn't need anything past that.

Edit:
Reworked your tree a bit: http://poeurl.com/bi0z
Melee phys over faster attacks for starters, a halfway decent ammy with flat phys and crit multi is gonna be a lot easier (and better in most cases) to get your hands on than a deep one talisman that isn't garbage.

About the reworked tree: Not meaning to offend, but I am pretty sure it's worse. Plugged it into PoB, and while it has 1-2% increased life from tree, you lose out on ~12% total damage (not talking about losing a 12% mod, 12% straight damage), compared to Sidefx's tree.

Accuracy and life and pretty much exactly the same. Just that crit, buffed with 3 PC's and diamond flask, is around 9% less, which is pretty significant.

All in all, I think Sidefx' original tree is better.

To make things easier for myself, I had imported the tree and gear for his actual character and then reworked it from there (so the tree he himself is using varies a fair bit). Toss in the changes to gearing and gem links, overall, my setup had come out ahead.

Going over his posted tree atm.
Last edited by Eagle3o on May 10, 2017, 5:11:18 PM
Could you give me a PoB link?
Sorry had to repost this because it wasnt answered and was buried last page

Hey SideFX

I was wondering regarding the fight for survival nodes, where do we put the other one? The first one is above the Herbalisim. (Since its the only node where there is 40 dex within range to activate the penetration ability.)

Where do I put the second? I tried each of the other socket that were unlocked in the build and it doesn't have enough dex in range. Unless I use points in 2 of the dex nodes im not gonna use and are not in any path that were taking.

Im at the point where its really starting to show, since I cant get the 40 dex within the range, it only gives me the cold damage and not the penetration. :X Any help would be great!

Also whats your view on using these boots? Aside from the lack of HP
Nerf Paper, Scissors is Fine. -Rock
Last edited by HiloBoyS on May 11, 2017, 11:13:01 AM
I'm transitioning to the CI version of this build. I just got really tired of getting 1 shot all the time, and gearing optimally to only get ~5k life feels bad man when a Marauder can get 8,9,10k with the same gear.

CI offers some interesting additions to the build, notably Melee Phys on Full Life, and I'm going to run Vaal Discipline as well, just because I hate dying so much lol.

Will let you know how it compares soon.
"
Harpoontang wrote:
I'm transitioning to the CI version of this build. I just got really tired of getting 1 shot all the time, and gearing optimally to only get ~5k life feels bad man when a Marauder can get 8,9,10k with the same gear.

CI offers some interesting additions to the build, notably Melee Phys on Full Life, and I'm going to run Vaal Discipline as well, just because I hate dying so much lol.

Will let you know how it compares soon.

sounds good let me know ;)
"
HiloBoyS wrote:
Sorry had to repost this because it wasnt answered and was buried last page

Hey SideFX

I was wondering regarding the fight for survival nodes, where do we put the other one? The first one is above the Herbalisim. (Since its the only node where there is 40 dex within range to activate the penetration ability.)

Where do I put the second? I tried each of the other socket that were unlocked in the build and it doesn't have enough dex in range. Unless I use points in 2 of the dex nodes im not gonna use and are not in any path that were taking.

Im at the point where its really starting to show, since I cant get the 40 dex within the range, it only gives me the cold damage and not the penetration. :X Any help would be great!

Also whats your view on using these boots? Aside from the lack of HP

You don't need the nodes allocated for threshold jewels.
Eagle3o, I've done a final comparison on PoB, and your tree has ~100 more life, while Sidefx's posted tree has ~40k more damage, most notably because of more reliable crits. This damage difference would be greater with a 6l, ofc.

Your tree:

Sidefx's tree:

Let me know if I made a mistake somewhere, but its 100 life vs. 40k damage at this point. Not sure which is better.

Edit: these numbers are what I'd imagine sustained DPS to be: no flasks, no vaal skills, no assmark on hit.
Last edited by Fire309 on May 13, 2017, 11:00:24 AM
"
Fire309 wrote:
Eagle3o, I've done a final comparison on PoB, and your tree has ~100 more life, while Sidefx's posted tree has ~40k more damage, most notably because of more reliable crits. This damage difference would be greater with a 6l, ofc.

Your tree:

Sidefx's tree:

Let me know if I made a mistake somewhere, but its 100 life vs. 40k damage at this point. Not sure which is better.

Edit: these numbers are what I'd imagine sustained DPS to be: no flasks, no vaal skills, no assmark on hit.

Again, like I said, I simply just took the tree for his character (just import it) and tweaked it from there. Didn't particularly think the tree he was using would be that far off from what he posted.

As far as links and gear, what I said previously still stands.
So far so good. Damage is respectable, lv71 43476 tooltip with Onslaught, still ways to go for 3 frenzies, damage, gem levels..unsure if I need any more crit in tree since my crits are fairly consistent with diamond flask..
Here's the current gear, pretty mediocre, most expensive were the rings (2ex + 2ex), Belly linked myself:
Spoiler

Current tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAQBeBS0FtQceCC4LwQ2NDkgPqxGWFHUV_Ra_FyYZjiLqI_YkiyaVKgsuUzB8MgEzkjfUOrM8vkMTQzFJUUp9TP9Nkk4qUUdVS1eXW69d8l9wYEFh4mKsY3BlTWyMb1dwUnTteBl6hH11fyuBrINth3aJ04w2jX2NgY25jb-QCpUum42dqqOKqXmxfLIZtMW9Nr6nwaDC7MM6w-bIzM9602_TftQj2NXawd9v5Gro1u0_7YPuDu9674_w1fzF_W7-ug==

Yeah, I like the Gull and having 3-4 mini shrines up, trying to enchant it, but no luck..
Anyhow, there is one issue I'm worried about..I dont have even 5k life, how squishy would it feel while having shaped strands sessions for example?

I did not have close calls yet, still on low maps, lv71, but I'm kinda worried a bit due to low life pool, would phasing with dodge, alongside freeze and one-two shoting everything be enough?
Basically, I'm not looking for bossing, just reliable and fast map farmer, this seems like it (I haaaaate vaal sparks and fireballs and whatnot, and casters in general, with exception of trappers)
Is there something here that needs fixing? I think the gear is pretty decent, although I do see possible upgrades on belt, boots, gloves, but I'm not too sure how much would I want to invest since good belts with wed, high life, a good str to meet gem requirements and higher resistances are fairly expensive.
How much life are we looking at, at about lv85-90, aproximately?

On a side note, I'm not using CWDT setup, I'm running frost bomb + inc duration + vaal haste + vaal grace. Quicksilver will be replaced with Atziri's, as I'm never using Quicksilver..

Last edited by Songweaver on May 13, 2017, 5:06:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info