The Wise Oak Mechanics Explanation

Thanks for the explanation. For some reason I thought uncapped meant less than capped i.e. less than 75%, so I wasn't using the one I have. Now I will for the extra cold damage on my Frostbolt totem character.

I assume it stacks with a penetration gem?

"
Saevan wrote:
I assume it stacks with a penetration gem?

Yes, Penetration modifiers stack :)
Explain what amount is "capped" resistance?
I thought it's 135% of each element but people say different things here
I got lucky when I decided to match my resists, I did a search for a pair of gloves with some life and the exact resists I would need to match them all up and bam the first result was the perfect pair for a couple chaos. Had all my uncapped res at 149 for a while.

I've since upgraded some pieces and lost the matching resists. It took me a while again but now I have it to fire highest and cold and lightning match for lowest which is perfect for my build.

Always aiming for all 3 to match again though.
twitch.tv/VtuberLunartuna
Last edited by Lunartuna on Mar 26, 2017, 2:06:39 PM
"
Inferius90 wrote:
Explain what amount is "capped" resistance?
I thought it's 135% of each element but people say different things here

There are no known game mechanics that refer to capped resistances, only uncapped.

In the community, "capped resistance" generally just means that your resistance reaches the cap. The natural cap without other modifiers is 75%. However, currently, Cruel and Merciless difficulties impose a -20% and -60% all resistances penalty respectively. Since most dedicated players are Mapping, which takes place in Merciless, they require 135% resistances to reach 75% after the penalty.

The character sheet shows your calculated pre-penetration resistance to the left, and your total resistance including penalty in parentheses.

Note that your hideout is currently always in Normal Difficulty, so it has no resistance penalty.

Thus:
1% is not capped
40% is "capped in normal with a Bismuth"
75% is "capped in normal"
95% is "capped in cruel"
135% is "capped in merc" or "capped in maps"
169% is "capped in merc/maps against Map mod Elemental Weakness"

Those are all before penalty. Since the number in parentheses includes penalty, all you need to figure out if you are capped in a particular condition is to see if the parentheses number is bigger than (not equal to) the stated number. For example 71% (74%) is capped. 74% (74%) is not capped. 75% (109%) is capped. -30% (-30%) is not capped. And so on.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
I had to wait and buy "The Gull" with high ES and exact 36 cold res, so now all my resistances are 161.

Love your flask, it's great!
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
Thanks a ton for all of the messages guys. I'm glad to see how many people are enjoying the concept as much as I am.
who's hating on it ?
its a powerful flask that requires some gear tinkering to work.

its a damn well designed flask even though it might be very powerful

unlike dying sun, sins rebirth, toh, atziris promise and other similar flasks which work 'out of the box' and dont require anything else besides having the flask
ok so this flask looks awesome! but!!

IF YOUR RESISTANCE IS "70%" in merciless, which is considered "uncapped", using this flask gives you additionally 35%, doesnt it then make it "capped" resistance? or does the elemental resistance given by the flask dont apply to the math? please dont nerf it now when I mention this.
"
grepman wrote:
who's hating on it ?
its a powerful flask that requires some gear tinkering to work.

its a damn well designed flask even though it might be very powerful

unlike dying sun, sins rebirth, toh, atziris promise and other similar flasks which work 'out of the box' and dont require anything else besides having the flask

People will hate on something if its good, bad, average, or anywhere in between.

I like the fact reddit is already jumping on the nerf train for this thing.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info