The Wise Oak Mechanics Explanation

"
1_mana_left wrote:
does the "reduced elemental damage taken" apply to the damage you take from righteous fire?

Yes, it does, assuming your fire resistance is the lowest.

It's worth noting that the penetration does not apply to the damage dealt by Righteous Fire, since penetration only applies on hit, and RF does not hit.
"
ToBeSomebody wrote:
"
1_mana_left wrote:
does the "reduced elemental damage taken" apply to the damage you take from righteous fire?

Yes, it does, assuming your fire resistance is the lowest.

It's worth noting that the penetration does not apply to the damage dealt by Righteous Fire, since penetration only applies on hit, and RF does not hit.

Y'know, that sounds stupid as hell - "Fire is my lowest resistance on a Righteous Fire build!" - but thinking about it, it wouldn't actually be viciously difficult to do. You'd have to overcap the hell out of Cold and Lightning resistances for your 90+ Fire resistance to be your lowest score, but if you could pull that off then you'd get another 10% reduction for RF. Not sure if that'd be worth all the 'wasted' stats on holy-hell overcapping your other resists though, especially since keeping them overcapped enough to overtake Fire during a Ruby flask's effect would be...interesting. You'd basically be trading Wise Oak for a Ruby flask; not sure if that's a worthwhile exchange.

Hm. That's an interesting theoretical, though.
I think this flask is pure evil genious making us play resistance tertris with endgame gear.

Initially I intepreted the wording wrong, thinking you would need to stay below max resists for this to work. I was like wtf when I saw the potion boosting your resists and thought this thing requires you to run with undercapped resists to work.

I think I need to go buy more blessed orbs... I presume this all was an evil plan to rig their pricing? Right?
Today I've been mostly harmless.
I've read all the way through this thread an not a soul has offered to figure out the theme and lore involving the Wise Oak... and it's killing me.

Oliver J. Tooley novels? That's all I got.
"
Cycloptomese wrote:
I've read all the way through this thread an not a soul has offered to figure out the theme and lore involving the Wise Oak... and it's killing me.

Oliver J. Tooley novels? That's all I got.

Pokemon.

The other oak here just put the starter pokemons from prof oak to blender and fixed us a tasty treat for our travels.
Today I've been mostly harmless.
I need help balancing my resists for the wise oak. any tools that I can use? I have POB but I am not sure if that can somehow allow for me to pinpoint the exact resist % on gear needed to all get balanced. ty in advance
"
JayWilson wrote:
I need help balancing my resists for the wise oak. any tools that I can use? I have POB but I am not sure if that can somehow allow for me to pinpoint the exact resist % on gear needed to all get balanced. ty in advance

???

You just need to have them all be equal. You could do this in PoB by fiddling around with hypothetical numbers.

I could also work up a spreadsheet that will automatically calculate distance to highest resistance if you'd like. In fact, I might just do it even if you don't ask because it sounds fun.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
JayWilson wrote:

Your 'tool' is a hugely long and exhaustive search for exactly the right piece of gear. Ideally you'd want something with an open crafting suffix you can repeatedly scrub and Mastercraft resistances onto until you hit the exact right number (or, really ideally, you can just buy something that has the exact number needed, but that's a one-in-a-billion chance), but beyond that? You build most of your kit, try and keep an eye on your resistances to keep them close to even, then use the last couplish pieces as trimmers.
"
adghar wrote:

I could also work up a spreadsheet that will automatically calculate distance to highest resistance if you'd like. In fact, I might just do it even if you don't ask because it sounds fun.

Wise Oak Calculator (Editable)
Wise Oak Calculator (locked to protect vs vandalism or disastrous mistakes; download to edit)
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
thank you very much! i appreciate the effort and replies! you guys and gals rock!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info