I have:

Fire: 161%
Cold: 161%
Lightning: 177%

With that, i get:
10% less Fire-/Cold-Damage
Enemys hit by my attack gets -20% Lightning-Resist

Is that right?

Basically, yes. But there are some important nitpicks.

it's not 10% less, it's 10% reduced. Reduced damage taken is better for you than less damage taken in the vast, vast majority of cases, the only exceptions I can think of for Wise Oak being Shocked status ailment and Player vs Player combat.

Enemies having -20% lightning resist is also slightly different from penetrating 20% lightning resist. You don't inflict any debuffs; your hits directly penetrate 20% lightning resist.

But you understood the multiple element mechanics correctly.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
OK, on more question:

1. I have Res at 135%/135/135 for example.

Now, i use The Wise Oak
Direct after that, i use a flask +6% maximum fire restistanse (so my res ist changed to 141/135/135 for the flaskduration)...

What Happend to the "Wise Oak"-Buff?

2. I have Res at 135%/135/135 for example.

I use a flask +6% maximum fire restistanse (so my res ist changed to 141/135/135 for the flaskduration)...
Now, i use The Wise Oak

3. Chaos-Res didnt count for Wise Oak?

Thanks again!
Last edited by xXSylarXx on May 20, 2017, 2:41:28 PM
"
xXSylarXx wrote:
OK, on more question:

1. I have Res at 135%/135/135 for example.

Now, i use The Wise Oak
Direct after that, i use a flask +6% maximum fire restistanse (so my res ist changed to 141/135/135 for the flaskduration)...

2. I have Res at 135%/135/135 for example.

I use a flask +6% maximum fire restistanse (so my res ist changed to 141/135/135 for the flaskduration)...
Now, i use The Wise Oak

3. Chaos-Res didnt count for Wise Oak?

Thanks again!

As has been repeated multiple times in this thread, the +6% maximum fire resists are irrelevant. Uncapped resistances don't factor in max resists, they are not part of the calculation at all.

That said, for practical purposes I assume you are talking about what happens when you use a Ruby flask, which also gives you 50% extra fire resistance, independent of the resistance cap. So what really happens is that your total uncapped resists become 185/135/135, so Wise Oak would give you 10% fire penetration and 10% reduced damage from cold and lightning. This is regardless of which flask you press first, the buff is based on your current resistances, not your resists when you press the flask.

Chaos resists do not interact with the flask at all. Chaos is not an Elemental Resistance.
Last edited by SorakPoE on May 20, 2017, 3:20:03 PM
Thanks!

And last questions:

If i have Fire 135/ cold 120/ lightning 110

and use the wise oak, i get

10% fire penetration
10% reduced damage from cold
Lighting stays as it is (unchanged)

is that correct?
"
xXSylarXx wrote:
Thanks!

And last questions:

If i have Fire 135/ cold 120/ lightning 110

and use the wise oak, i get

10% fire penetration
10% reduced damage from cold
Lighting stays as it is (unchanged)

is that correct?

10% Fire Pen (Highest), 10% reduced Lightning (lowest), Cold stays the same (middle)
sorry for the bump, couldn't find an answer. Does this flask work with righteous fire? The damage penetration in particular. I've tried it in path of building and there was no damage increase.
"
golan4840 wrote:
sorry for the bump, couldn't find an answer. Does this flask work with righteous fire? The damage penetration in particular. I've tried it in path of building and there was no damage increase.

Path of Building would be correct here. Penetration is a modifier that applies to hits, and Righteous Fire does not hit. The Wise Oak won't give any DPS bonus to Righteous Fire's burning damage.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
"
golan4840 wrote:

Path of Building would be correct here. Penetration is a modifier that applies to hits, and Righteous Fire does not hit. The Wise Oak won't give any DPS bonus to Righteous Fire's burning damage.

Thanks!
does the "reduced elemental damage taken" apply to the damage you take from righteous fire?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info