How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Why templar EK? I'm doing PF need 6L though.

didnt want to play PF, plus I dont really have good flasks besides the wise oak.

Im converting EK to half lighting half cold with hrimsorrow (hopefully hrimburn at some point) and phys to lightning. and in that case, inquisitor is kinda the defacto choice because he ignores all res, not just one. I also wanted to play with esh's amulet since I didnt play with it before, just for shits and giggles:

also have a near perfect pledge that I can 5 link for a 6link

the downside is I lose proj speed on wands/maybe bow setup and I cant use winds of change. so pretty much have to use fast proj gem, which isnt ideal for ST damage

BUT, the nova is so fucking opie and already offscreens shit in late cruel with level 12 fast proj gem, I think its a fair tradeoff.

still, not really set for pledge, Ill explore options. staff crit nodes are good tho and at least a 6L with lvl 30 spell echo is nice.
Last edited by grepman on Apr 3, 2017, 4:04:02 AM
Fist setback of the league; got careless after cruising through the maps and missed a Volatile on essence rare -> RIP lvl 88 SRS :( Looks like I need to get that lvl 90 challenge on my block Blade Flurry after all.
I'm also enjoying SSF gameplay, some nice drops and no reliquary keys yet.

I seem to be unable to find that one last uber trial, burning rage. *flip table*

Still fail to craft more that 700 es chest piece and map t11 won't drop for whatever reason.
Got to lvl 90 on my GladiBlocker Lacerate character.
Using this sword I got when playing my summoner (dead at 79):

Never got a replacement and at T11 I'm starting to feel a little poor on the dps side. On HC legacy a sword like mine is just 15C... for 100C I could up the dps 50 or more... But yeah let's keep SSF :3

I got some love from Navali and got 2 Jeweller's Touch that I used on items for next characters since my GladiBlock already has a 5L:

As far as keys go, I just got one and it got me a Moonsorrow... Which I promptly vendored to Zana.
Last edited by bakakyo on Apr 3, 2017, 11:30:26 AM
"
bakakyo wrote:

Never got a replacement and at T11 I'm starting to feel a little poor on the dps side. On HC legacy a sword like mine is just 15C... for 100C I could up the dps 50 or more... But yeah let's keep SSF :3

I got some love from Navali and got 2 Jeweller's Touch that I used on items for next characters since my GladiBlock already has a 5L:

As far as keys go, I just got one and it got me a Moonsorrow... Which I promptly vendored to Zana.

Have you considered swapping to blade flurry? Has muuuch better damage than lacerate in my opinion. With the base aoe buffs it doesn't need any aoe clusters to have a reasonable aoe too.

I'm playing a sword character and I initially experimented with lacerate as well but it just felt like ass damage and attack speed wise in comparison.
21/05/18 - The beginning of the end of PoE
"
Doomstryver wrote:
"
bakakyo wrote:

Have you considered swapping to blade flurry? Has muuuch better damage than lacerate in my opinion. With the base aoe buffs it doesn't need any aoe clusters to have a reasonable aoe too.

I'm playing a sword character and I initially experimented with lacerate as well but it just felt like ass damage and attack speed wise in comparison.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did try Blade Flurry until I swapped for Reave (didn't like, even with vaal Reave) and finnally set for Lacerate. Before BF I was using a melee splash multistrike Viper Strike which felt really bad past T6.

My problem with Blade Flurry is that I didn't really like the "channeling and release" style even though the damage seems higher. I prefer Lacerate for QoL reasons.

I also have a
which with Lacerate feels smothier to knockback monsters. With Blade Flurry they always seem to get out of the range before they should, I don't really got the range part of Blade Flurry well. With Lacerate the range is clear and it's almost to the end of the screen (using inc aoe gem).

I did use something like 20 essences of Contempt to craft a better sword but I never got a %phys roll to go with the guaranteed one... I also spent 200+ alts trying for a 140%+ phys and didn't get anything xD. Oh well, seems like it's time to roll a crit flicker with that Terminus ^^
tabulas have been raining this league for me

got 5, only 1 from humility and 1 from prophecy

got 1 brick and 1 +1 after vaaling

I guess, I should vendor some of these for divines.
"
bakakyo wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion. I did try Blade Flurry until I swapped for Reave (didn't like, even with vaal Reave) and finnally set for Lacerate. Before BF I was using a melee splash multistrike Viper Strike which felt really bad past T6.

My problem with Blade Flurry is that I didn't really like the "channeling and release" style even though the damage seems higher. I prefer Lacerate for QoL reasons.

I also have a
which with Lacerate feels smothier to knockback monsters. With Blade Flurry they always seem to get out of the range before they should, I don't really got the range part of Blade Flurry well. With Lacerate the range is clear and it's almost to the end of the screen (using inc aoe gem).

I did use something like 20 essences of Contempt to craft a better sword but I never got a %phys roll to go with the guaranteed one... I also spent 200+ alts trying for a 140%+ phys and didn't get anything xD. Oh well, seems like it's time to roll a crit flicker with that Terminus ^^

I am still contemplating on what to do with my terminus. I tried cyclone and lacerate with snakebites but it felt like shit. I also tried crit flicker, but i felt way too squishy to give it a serious go.

Probably going for a cit BF gladiator next, because i have most of the gear, except anvil.
Spoiler

I think i should be fine wearing abyssus permanently with what i have, probably going for 7 ED charges. I similarily wish Cleave wouldnt feel shit, but it does. Otherwise i could use
and worry less about keeping fortify up permanently.

GGG really needs to work on the melee skills now. Other than EQ, sunder and BF everything else feels very, very bad. And i think the main offender is multistrike.
"
bakakyo wrote:

I also have a

Yeah, the lion's roar knockback with blade flurry can be pretty annoying! The way I get around it is that as soon as my slashes stop hitting I release, since the release slash range is slightly larger than the standard slash range then shield charge onto the target's head.

The channel and release style is why I like blade flurry so much I think... adds a little bit of depth and timing to your play, but I can see how its not for everyone.

Have you considered using conc effect? Its downside was massively reduced with the aoe changes. Makes inc aoe seem like a waste of a link in my opinion - since its a link you could be getting a fat %more multiplier in and its only the strength of the two aoe clusters on the tree.
21/05/18 - The beginning of the end of PoE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info