How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

Just put this on my pizza-blaster and it feels like I'm cheating.
I took a long break and just finished a 15-day marathon from another game with success. Figured I pick up from where I left off. In a few hours, I jumped from mediocre gear to a decent one (L63 to L81) and finished lab at merc.

It is still a mixed bag of sorts but mapping flawlessly so far. I just can't remember what I should be after in this league. I kept on chucking in league stones but it only activates and nothing else drops but the usual trash rares and unique items.
Last edited by monsoonrider on Apr 2, 2017 11:46:06 PM
I'm still dying and rerolling a lot, though still thoroughly enjoying myself. Currently leveling a vortex trapper with frostbomb traps for single target. Seems very strong so far and the play style is very engaging. Also still experimenting with mines a bit, but finding traps more practical for the time being.
"
grepman wrote:
SSF makes me reroll hard, lol

got my FB raider to 90, rerolling an EK nova templar.

feels like this is the biggest difference. when playing not ssf Id perfect my 1-2 toons and get him through highest content, but with ssf its like ADD land. get some drops here and there, feels enough for a new reroll, and go.

Haha yeah I made point earlier tree needs to be free because you build on what you find not as in Trade Game you decide on tree first then buy exact items to supplement predefined tree. Oh well, I'll do one re-roll. Also doing an EK.

Why templar EK? I'm doing PF need 6L though.

Back from my 10 day break, just hit level 79 on the frostbolt/vortex spammer. Can clear t6 maps easily (haven't tried higher yet), so I figure it's mostly just a matter of time now. I rarely upgrade gear, but would dearly love to replace the Covenant. Sure, it's 440 ES, but that's all it is for a CI player.

Chasing challenges is a bit rougher. Farming specific areas for vaal side areas was a bit time-consuming. Hoping for the right leaguestones to trigger certain requisite encounters, also a little messy. So right now, I'm just angling for the most obvious achievement, being level 90. We'll see how many I scoop along the way.

I'm also playing 'super' solo self-found: no muling, just one character. This is against my usual method, all the way back to D2, but I'm ridiculously committed to seeing how far I can take this one character.

So far the only really humbling experiences have been a random attempt at the Apex, and a Zana mission which demanded I clear a map in 5 minutes.
21/05/2018. The day the indie company owned and operated in New Zealand known as GGG died. It is now owned and ultimately at the mercy of Chinese megacorp Tencent.

"Some problems *are* deep, underlying injustices with societal norms requiring a crusade." -- Also Sprach Charathustra
Last edited by 鬼殺し on Apr 3, 2017 12:06:16 AM
Doing fine. 86 on my summoner so far, main difficulty is finding red maps.

That's my one grief with SSF - I don't mind the droprate for items and currency, but that content is gated behind RNG is a PITA. The unique maps are both from Cadiro.

"
I'm still dying and rerolling a lot, though still thoroughly enjoying myself. Currently leveling a vortex trapper with frostbomb traps for single target. Seems very strong so far and the play style is very engaging. Also still experimenting with mines a bit, but finding traps more practical for the time being.

Use YOUR FISHING POWERS.
IGN: I_NO
Ruler of the Walrus Clan
- ''The strings of control are mine to control''
- ''The gears are mine to run!''
- ''Apathy you sound like a fucking Psycho''
"
Completed 40 ChallengesI_NO wrote:
"

Use YOUR FISHING POWERS.

I will, if I ever manage to find a tricorne :( If there was a fishing gem I could link it to trap and instawin the whole game, but I can see why they didn't make one. SSF fishing is hard yo.
"
Completed 12 ChallengesAim_Deep wrote:

Why templar EK? I'm doing PF need 6L though.

didnt want to play PF, plus I dont really have good flasks besides the wise oak.

Im converting EK to half lighting half cold with hrimsorrow (hopefully hrimburn at some point) and phys to lightning. and in that case, inquisitor is kinda the defacto choice because he ignores all res, not just one. I also wanted to play with esh's amulet since I didnt play with it before, just for shits and giggles:

also have a near perfect pledge that I can 5 link for a 6link

the downside is I lose proj speed on wands/maybe bow setup and I cant use winds of change. so pretty much have to use fast proj gem, which isnt ideal for ST damage

BUT, the nova is so fucking opie and already offscreens shit in late cruel with level 12 fast proj gem, I think its a fair tradeoff.

still, not really set for pledge, Ill explore options. staff crit nodes are good tho and at least a 6L with lvl 30 spell echo is nice.
Last edited by grepman on Apr 3, 2017 4:04:02 AM
Fist setback of the league; got careless after cruising through the maps and missed a Volatile on essence rare -> RIP lvl 88 SRS :( Looks like I need to get that lvl 90 challenge on my block Blade Flurry after all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info