How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

"
Completed 31 Challengesgrepman wrote:
"
I won't touch SSF mode. I'm pretty sure it's not what anyone asked for. When we said we need a solo self found mode we meant a mode where the shit drops are adjusted to account for no trading. Not basically a flag that says " yay I'm solo self found". I mean really. Just no. Why would I want to disallow trading and get NOTHING out of it except bragging rights? No thank you.
lol at talking on behalf of everyone

and people who wanted a great increase drops, shouldve never used the words 'ssf' to start with. they shouldve just said they wanted drops and instant gratification in a way where you wouldnt want to trade to begin with (and I shudder to think what such drops would have to be in a game like poe that has a billion of uniques and hundreds of diverse builds)


Talking about instant gratification in PoE always strikes me as funny. The whole game is build around trading, which is the closest you will ever get to instant gratification excluding cheats/devaccounts. Peoples builds and lootfilters are streamlined around the fact that loot is shit^2, speeding through maps in 1-2 minutes is what people are aiming for. Just so they can use the slot machine more often to either gather the currency directly or to maybe get one of the few items that are still worth looting. To obtain as much currency as fast as possible. This currency is then used to instantly buy the item they really want in the 'definitly not an ah' poe.trade.

Last league the only item i did not trade for and used was a (ONE) fucking jewel. Over the whole league i didnt even come close to find an item that i could actually use without it beeing a massive downgrade. I would have loved it to be able farm items for myself, but i doubt even a five times increase in loot quantity would give the speed of lootacquisition that trading provides.

Now tell, which is more instant gratification and which is closer to how an arpg should play:

Running the same straight layout again and again( because it has the highest (mobs/sec)/difficulty), without really looking at the loot(!!!) and then buying the item on poe.trade. For all items. Well, or simply flipping stuff instead of really playing until you can afford the gear you want...

Or farming different areas (divination cards!) and actually identifying the items you find along the way in the hope of finding something you can use in conjuction with the rest of your gear, because you can't simply buy the item giving you (for example) the missing resistances.

Heavy traders are THE personification of instant gratification, not the people who actually want to play the game to find their gear.
HC. In act III normal on my second character. Having fun. The league stones are making me want to full clear. Can't miss that perandus chest. Where's that rogue exile? Have I got my essence yet?

Really slows down play for me. That's a good thing.

Oh. I hate Beyond. Hate it.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Mar 5, 2017 10:35:12 AM
Against my initial decision to play SC SSF I went HC SSF instead. Just killed bandits in merciless and managed to fix my gear so that I have all my ele resists capped. Tomorrow should be a long day of Dried Lake farming :)
"
Completed 20 ChallengesShagsbeard wrote:
HC. In act III normal on my second character. Having fun. The league stones are making me want to full clear. Can't miss that perandus chest. Where's that rogue exile? Have I got my essence yet?

Really slows down play for me. That's a good thing.

Oh. I hate Beyond. Hate it.

yeah i knida love it's a bit slower space xD can't miss them looties :P
and get's bored slower :O
"
Completed 15 Challengessatanttin wrote:
"
Completed 20 ChallengesShagsbeard wrote:
HC. In act III normal on my second character. Having fun. The league stones are making me want to full clear. Can't miss that perandus chest. Where's that rogue exile? Have I got my essence yet?

Really slows down play for me. That's a good thing.

Oh. I hate Beyond. Hate it.

yeah i knida love it's a bit slower space xD can't miss them looties :P
and get's bored slower :O


Yeah and thx to league stones you can swim in loot with some combinations.
"
Completed 23 ChallengesAsheren wrote:
"
Completed 15 Challengessatanttin wrote:
"
Completed 20 ChallengesShagsbeard wrote:
HC. In act III normal on my second character. Having fun. The league stones are making me want to full clear. Can't miss that perandus chest. Where's that rogue exile? Have I got my essence yet?

Really slows down play for me. That's a good thing.

Oh. I hate Beyond. Hate it.

yeah i knida love it's a bit slower space xD can't miss them looties :P
and get's bored slower :O


Yeah and thx to league stones you can swim in loot with some combinations.

just drop rate is lowish can't really choice much unless u save the once u wanna combo with :') (atleast for me it's low) xd
Super fun league. Some doozies:


"
Completed 11 ChallengesLaurium wrote:
Super fun league. Some doozies:




Vaal it, or no balls? ;)

Loving the league. Just walked onto the ledge in cruel SSFHC, smacking bad guys with VS & HS like a boss
My apologies to all
Last edited by The_Reporter on Mar 5, 2017 3:56:01 PM
"
Completed 15 Challengessatanttin wrote:

just drop rate is lowish can't really choice much unless u save the once u wanna combo with :') (atleast for me it's low) xd


Better ones seem to be relativly low. Still i got some pretty funy ones like 3 invasion boses. Its also nice they changed lots of junk tier items.



This little buddy saved me like 5 skill points.
Last edited by Asheren on Mar 5, 2017 4:08:13 PM
"
Completed 24 ChallengesTemeritas wrote:
"
Completed 31 Challengesgrepman wrote:
"
I won't touch SSF mode. I'm pretty sure it's not what anyone asked for. When we said we need a solo self found mode we meant a mode where the shit drops are adjusted to account for no trading. Not basically a flag that says " yay I'm solo self found". I mean really. Just no. Why would I want to disallow trading and get NOTHING out of it except bragging rights? No thank you.
lol at talking on behalf of everyone

and people who wanted a great increase drops, shouldve never used the words 'ssf' to start with. they shouldve just said they wanted drops and instant gratification in a way where you wouldnt want to trade to begin with (and I shudder to think what such drops would have to be in a game like poe that has a billion of uniques and hundreds of diverse builds)


Talking about instant gratification in PoE always strikes me as funny. The whole game is build around trading, which is the closest you will ever get to instant gratification excluding cheats/devaccounts. Peoples builds and lootfilters are streamlined around the fact that loot is shit^2, speeding through maps in 1-2 minutes is what people are aiming for. Just so they can use the slot machine more often to either gather the currency directly or to maybe get one of the few items that are still worth looting. To obtain as much currency as fast as possible. This currency is then used to instantly buy the item they really want in the 'definitly not an ah' poe.trade.

Last league the only item i did not trade for and used was a (ONE) fucking jewel. Over the whole league i didnt even come close to find an item that i could actually use without it beeing a massive downgrade. I would have loved it to be able farm items for myself, but i doubt even a five times increase in loot quantity would give the speed of lootacquisition that trading provides.

Now tell, which is more instant gratification and which is closer to how an arpg should play:

Running the same straight layout again and again( because it has the highest (mobs/sec)/difficulty), without really looking at the loot(!!!) and then buying the item on poe.trade. For all items. Well, or simply flipping stuff instead of really playing until you can afford the gear you want...

Or farming different areas (divination cards!) and actually identifying the items you find along the way in the hope of finding something you can use in conjuction with the rest of your gear, because you can't simply buy the item giving you (for example) the missing resistances.

Heavy traders are THE personification of instant gratification, not the people who actually want to play the game to find their gear.
I dont really disagree with trading being instant gratification in majority of cases (except for 1c uniques that are build-defining, but thats another argument really)

what I disagree with people masking their desires for upper drops behind the 'ssf' stuff. the game is already a loot pinata, a far cry from what it used to be the last time I played SSF (in torment), and absolute far cry from how it used to be in open beta.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info