How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

Damn some crazy soul eater maraketh rare merked my jugg in like half a second while I was still farming for rigwalds. Guess this is a good time to quit the league after playing almost the full 3 months.

Alive characters:
- a gladiator
- an assassin
- a champion

Dead characters:
- 6 juggernauts
- a hierophant

Exalts:

Another 11 ex was used for crafting, maybe 8-9 others wasted on random slams. I guess in total ~40 pure ex dropped this league which is pretty nice for ssf.

I feel like all my shitty characters are alive somehow and the characters that I thought were tanky ended up being dead... even though they were doing similar difficulty content.

The gladiator I was almost sure was going to get instagibbed eventually against a t16 legion rare but honestly it never happened. It turned out vaal molten shell was a good enough safety net with max block. The assassin is garbage, it has like no defenses but it's alive. The champion was a tornado shot build as a pet project but the items hadn't come together yet so just like any other TS build without the items: it sucked. Was still farming for +2 TS helm, dying sun never dropped, and I only managed to farm up 4 of the rigwalds quill div cards. Also the bow itself had an open prefix and it was multimodded so I was hoping to run into the beast that crafts adding a prefix/remove a random suffix but somehow after all this time it never once showed up.

Some takeaways for the dead characters: the 6 dead juggs kind of highlights their glaring weakness, most of them died to some burst of elemental damage. The heirophant was a divine ire totem guy and it was honestly my favorite build but for whatever reason playing a totem build seemed to crash my game way more than usual. It didn't seem like a big deal at first because even though I crash/dc, I had a troll timber shield that pretty much let my totems do all the leeching for me while I was dc'ed. There's also a good ascendency node that gives crazy life/mana regen based on the number of totems out. If I could figure out why my computer was crashing so much with totem builds I probably would've played them much more in this league.
Finally got my 40/40 in SSF. The grind was indeed a painful one...

Notable drops/craft:

SSF Softcore

Enchants from Uber Lab grind

SSF Hardcore

3 days before league ends:
Last edited by kira1414 on Aug 30, 2019, 11:10:43 PM
I was not going for it but it may have happened with a few more days !

Divined my axe to perfect as and 1% off damages :

I think I will play standard SSF next league to enjoy all the stuff I'm bringing back from Legion, especialy 50 stashes worth of leather belts to chance (3600 belts) to maybe try HH in SSF if we have Nemesis at Zana. I feel like I can enjoy 3 more months withtout a reset !
"
I think I will play standard SSF next league to enjoy all the stuff I'm bringing back from Legion,

I'm curious what % of SSF folks play mostly in standard.
I tried a bit of it... maybe 50 maps or so... and got bored. Maybe the new masters thing will help. Maybe not. There's likely going to be a big shakedown for 4.0 which will change the dynamics of it. We'll see.
I muck around with my SSF STD characters near the end of each league.
But hardly play there at all, mostly to test gems with other gear that I have saved up.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
This is my best chest (ever). I posted it somewhere else, but... it's just so sweet that I have to post it here too.

It WAS a 5L, but... the League ends in 4 days now... and so I gave it a go with some small number of Fusings saved up. And I ended up with a 6L! :)

- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
Last edited by bwam on Sep 2, 2019, 6:07:41 AM
I've done that for Synthesis, disliking the league so much that I ve played 2 months of standard SSF. It's fun to play unusual for SSF builds and it allow very long term goals.

I'm trying to collect each and every Unique in standard SSF.

It's more about learning each and every aspect of the game, especially older content, and figuring good ways to get that content.

My focus during Legion was Perendus and Leather Belts, but in Standard I still have
as a focus, shaping my way to play the game to get more of them.

I will probably play an Elementalist with some of

wich I doubt I can ever play in any 3 months league.

It make no sense in trade league as with enough currencies you can have any item you want withtout any knowledge of how to get that item. And probably, for most unusuals items, the seller get it with a set of cards or the Void and don't know about it either.

It may have it's limits, with the exception of Talisman, Beastiary and Harbingers I miss only a few of the rarests uniques and maybe it will be less enjoyable for me later, but for now it's my favourite way to play the game, using leagues I enjoy to focus a few things, and leagues I don't enjoy to play in standard SSF with more insane goals and enjoying some of the rarests items I've got.

Spoiler

I still get enough things to switch my focus on until 4.0 even if the leagues happen to be crap until then !
Last edited by popossum on Sep 2, 2019, 7:04:58 AM
Last minute loot before league ends in a few hours:

On a side note, betting there will be a "Do you have oil?" challenge that requires you to unlock all hidden notable skills in Blight league. RNG based challenges all over again in a few days time...
"
popossum wrote:
I've done that for Synthesis, disliking the league so much that I ve played 2 months of standard SSF. It's fun to play unusual for SSF builds and it allow very long term goals.

I'm trying to collect each and every Unique in standard SSF.

It's more about learning each and every aspect of the game, especially older content, and figuring good ways to get that content.

My focus during Legion was Perendus and Leather Belts, but in Standard I still have
as a focus, shaping my way to play the game to get more of them.

I will probably play an Elementalist with some of

wich I doubt I can ever play in any 3 months league.

It make no sense in trade league as with enough currencies you can have any item you want withtout any knowledge of how to get that item. And probably, for most unusuals items, the seller get it with a set of cards or the Void and don't know about it either.

It may have it's limits, with the exception of Talisman, Beastiary and Harbingers I miss only a few of the rarests uniques and maybe it will be less enjoyable for me later, but for now it's my favourite way to play the game, using leagues I enjoy to focus a few things, and leagues I don't enjoy to play in standard SSF with more insane goals and enjoying some of the rarests items I've got.

Spoiler

I still get enough things to switch my focus on until 4.0 even if the leagues happen to be crap until then !

how the F did u found that many golem jewels? :O
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info