How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

ikr, duplicate tempest binding sucks
Dunno why i'm so happy about it, but:

Act6 Tukohama gave me this:

This i got from act7:

And finally, while hopelessly farming the grain gate for gentleman/rats:

Spent so much of last league Vaaling cobalt jewels for this jewel but finally got the jewel this league.

Gives me more freedom with gear to use with Kitavas thirst.

No longer have to use dual

And could use the Sanctuary of thought for the extra ES if I desire.

Damn too many options now not sure what setup to use.Was easier when I was more limited.
how is it going?

hmmm... well..

i started playing again a couple days ago. always HC, played SSF first time it came out a while back. well, this was my first time in the all new 10 act thing. i was destroying everything. got through ACT 5 no problems at all.

i killed tutokama in that karui fortress place in the mudflats while looking around for nessa. after that i decided to go back and do the normal Lab again since i changed my gloves. not like it was hard.. being 20 levels over even Izaro just falls over.

so when i got outta there i went to look around for bestels quest in tidal island. then rip... by RIPtide. literally a one shot. i didnt have any chance on that one.

reminds me a lot of why i stopped playing for a while tbh. i mean this is SSF, i 'just' beat A5 and my resists got nerfed, and then unique mob destroys me more than any boss before it did. its just seems.. i dunno... broken? immersion breaking?

either way i guess i am done for now. maybe next league better luck.

"
M0rO wrote:

In beginning of league the SSF HC ladder was full of RIPs at certain levels - probably due to players not knowing the new threats yet.

Slightly spoilerish:
Spoiler
If you want to try again "do story mode blind in SSF HC" I would recommend to consistently overlevel and make tanky (at least: good ehp, max resists, lots armour) build. Best/easiest is probably some boss killer totem build which allows for shield + Fortify and has strong recovery.

Real spoilers:
Spoiler
Biggest threats IMO - have leveled 6 chars through story mode:
Innocence - read up the mechanics. If you beat him once you can easily die the next time. He has different type of 'sparkly' attacks. One does almost nothing and the other one is dangerous.
A5 Kitava - watch out for 'X blast'
Some bosses like Gruthkul and Doedre can be hard if you dont build tanky.
A10 Kitava - watch out for 'X blast' etc

No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
M0rO wrote:

In beginning of league the SSF HC ladder was full of RIPs at certain levels - probably due to players not knowing the new threats yet.

Slightly spoilerish:
Spoiler
If you want to try again "do story mode blind in SSF HC" I would recommend to consistently overlevel and make tanky (at least: good ehp, max resists, lots armour) build. Best/easiest is probably some boss killer totem build which allows for shield + Fortify and has strong recovery.

Real spoilers:
Spoiler
Biggest threats IMO - have leveled 6 chars through story mode:
Innocence - read up the mechanics. If you beat him once you can easily die the next time. He has different type of 'sparkly' attacks. One does almost nothing and the other one is dangerous.
A5 Kitava - watch out for 'X blast'
Some bosses like Gruthkul and Doedre can be hard if you dont build tanky.
A10 Kitava - watch out for 'X blast' etc

what your pointing out is 'hard' boss mechanics though which have definite l2p things. like with the avarius fight you just stand behind statues and they block the balls and the giant laser beam. then all of kitava's stuff you can just use a move skill to get away from in A5 (not talking about 10 since i havent been there.)

its quite a bit different to have some random unique spawn something right on top of you that one shots you. there is no counterplay. it just happens and it feels like everything was wasted time up to that point.

i mean if i had died to something like avarius where i knew i was doing the right things but i accidentally made a wrong move, then hey 'my bad' i was completely at fault. it was a complete misplay by me. thats not what happened though.
"
M0rO wrote:
there is no counterplay.

What I was trying to say is: If you want to win your way (do it blind first time) then you need 'counterbuild' more than 'counterplay'. (And I am not discussing/defending the game design here. Just pointing out what it takes to beat it.)
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Today is a good day, after 28 Shaper runs I finally hit the flask. Feels SO good man.

Really the only thing left I want to do is finish at least one Harbinger unique. Have about 23 duplicates.
Atm, fun build time : Slayer CI SA ED

Next step 6 l the same bow with essence of woe for link barrage ^^
Okay! Here we go, I got something to show off!

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, that is my first 5L of this league. It's bloody awful for a Bow Ranger, but it's the first one I've seen, so I'm gonna use it (until I can find something better).
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info