How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

gotta try that combo, looks op as hell
Not as accomplished as some on here I've pretty much stopped now after knowing my character can do shaper and I can make several more that will do shaper from gear found but to get to shaper I need hours and hours of farming for maps after I already spent hours and hours shaping my atlas.

SSF is much better than standard for sure but while build defining uniques are fun to find there isnt much point in making a build that is just as capable of clearing all content in game as what you play now.. you just need the right maps to drop to even see that content.

I have exalts and chaos that I dont care about one bit what I need is sextants. In standard you can trade for that. I am stuck with running 0 quality red maps with no sextant mods. The return on those maps is abysmall I found that unless I at least 20% quality and chaos roll map to decent quantity and size pack I will lose my pool of red maps. Also as I realised with the above in mind shaping atlas is almost counter productive, valuable sextants are wasted in process and you run 0 quality strand that literally drops nothing time and time again.

The only way to progress I realised is to only run red maps when you have sextants on them and have chisels for them this means farming yellow maps in between. Did I mention I have about 500c worth of currency? And I am forced to run yellow maps. Its a joke really. I'l make a fresh character to experience 3.0 but unless they do anything about end game access for SSF I won't be sticking around.
Decided to make a cycloner, hoping to hit breachlords/atziri/izaro with him. Gotta chance that Ngamahu's though. About 80 Abyssal Axes in. Was about to switch into Kaom's Primacy when I chanced a slight upgrade, which is always nice.

And a bit of Cadiro luck, 600 coins and 100 fuse later:

Divine drop needs to happen though, those rolls are awful.
"
_Alcatraz_ wrote:
Not as accomplished as some on here I've pretty much stopped now after knowing my character can do shaper and I can make several more that will do shaper from gear found but to get to shaper I need hours and hours of farming for maps after I already spent hours and hours shaping my atlas.

SSF is much better than standard for sure but while build defining uniques are fun to find there isnt much point in making a build that is just as capable of clearing all content in game as what you play now.. you just need the right maps to drop to even see that content.

I have exalts and chaos that I dont care about one bit what I need is sextants. In standard you can trade for that. I am stuck with running 0 quality red maps with no sextant mods. The return on those maps is abysmall I found that unless I at least 20% quality and chaos roll map to decent quantity and size pack I will lose my pool of red maps. Also as I realised with the above in mind shaping atlas is almost counter productive, valuable sextants are wasted in process and you run 0 quality strand that literally drops nothing time and time again.

The only way to progress I realised is to only run red maps when you have sextants on them and have chisels for them this means farming yellow maps in between. Did I mention I have about 500c worth of currency? And I am forced to run yellow maps. Its a joke really. I'l make a fresh character to experience 3.0 but unless they do anything about end game access for SSF I won't be sticking around.
This is where the fun stops. I dont know why progression should be as mysteriously wrapped up to RNG. There should be something to look for with the time invested leveling. I'm sure someone can do wonders with the atlas. You choose to gimp yourself by playing SSF anyway. But you definitely cannot continue enjoying the game under this circumstances. I'm not complaining because it comes with the challenge. But reaching the Shaper and beating him completes the experience. At the moment, you need a miracle to do it. I got to T15 but thats about it, what is worst is you got a "master" cartographer who cares to ask but decides to be useless anyway. SSF was fun but I'm out come 3.0.
Last edited by monsoonrider on Jul 22, 2017, 10:43:37 PM
Maps might be RNG drops, but there's ways to force that RNG in your favor. Here's a couple of scenarios:

1. You have a bunch of Hydra and Chimera but can't get the others to drop. Scour your Hydra and Chimera from the atlas knowing you have plenty of maps to vaal and recomplete later.

2. Change your T10 shaped maps up so you can vendor 3x for your missing Guardian. One thing to note, try and remember which one was shaped with Overgrown Ruin as the shaper orb you use is tied to that specific map. I learned this the hardway when I removed Courtyard which was original shaped with Vaal Temple.

3. Poe wiki has great resources for what maps can be vendored for other maps, this is important when choosing which low tier maps to shape.

Other than that, some very basic MF and alc-n-go should be more than enough for red map sustain.
Last edited by seanxjohnson on Jul 23, 2017, 2:05:00 AM
Maybe I'm not a good example because I pretty much no-lifed this game for the past few months, but this is what I did:

-dont bother manipulating the atlas, just compelete as many maps as you can for higher drops

-Constantly pick up white gavels and white maps for chisel recepie.

-Shape maps that can be affected by the lowest sextant tier. Maps like orchard, arena and anarchid tomb.

Now that my atlas is complete, Im overwhelmed with maps and constantly vendoring t11 and t12 maps so they wont take more than a full tab each. Sometimes I dont even bother picking up t11 maps.
I've followed all above tips guys without them it would be impossible to shape atlass or even get to t15 but what you said above goes back to my point which is in order to progress further I need to simply repeatedly farm maps for no other reason than to see a red map drop because if an exalt drops I dont care if shavs drops I dont care because what is the point of making a fresh character that is still gated from shaper just as my already capable character is?

We did it. Pew_SSF_Meatballs will start living up to his name.
Now to empty 2 quad stash tabs of abyssal axes I no longer need, oops.
Guess I'll start working on Bisco's + Devoto's next. Gotta gather those Xoph's splinters for the Heart too. Fun times.
I made an error in the crafting of a +3 staff and I lost 2 ex and around 80 regal orbs for nothing... 1 month worth of grinding.

I have many important thing I need to do in RL. This failure hits me hard.

Did anyone here make stupid mistakes that costed you a lot of time?

unreal, random drop and my loot filter didnt even highlight it, I was sure it was just another trash leather belt. My heart dropped when I saw what it is.

My first headhunter ever.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info