How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

Cadiro finally delivers (5 divines for high roll)

both leveled up to 3 at the same time. slapped a vaal on both without looking and this is what I get. WTF
Nice! Just hit mine after 6 lvl 3s.

Figured I'd give SSF a shot. Played a FB totem char to 70 to start. Was a complete waste of time, how people play those builds I've no idea. zzzz

Rerolled a Frost Blades char because I wanted to play a go fast clear char to get as far away from FB totem sleepiness as I could.

In my first few maps I've ended up with all this shit. I'm barely level 70.

Unavailable
Unavailable

I historically play bow builds; my main character in LSC is a Doomfletch PF. I can't help but feel that it's a sign.

I have a quick question though. Is there any tested way to target threshold jewels? I'm happy to play Frost Blades without them, but when it comes to Breachlords/Atziri etc, I'd like to have them.

I guess the alternative is to respec my FB Totem Elementalist into cwc Firestorm or something similar for bosses?
Last edited by Morelikeew on Jul 13, 2017, 9:40:59 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
They really need to add a div card for unique jewels and make it common enough for a SSF player to farm. That or just sell us the threshold jewels at a vendor.
"
Morelikeew wrote:
Figured I'd give SSF a shot. Played a FB totem char to 70 to start. Was a complete waste of time, how people play those builds I've no idea. zzzz

I just love that POP sound that does freakishly high damage.

It's horrid without a ton of cast-speed though.
"
Moosebert wrote:
"
Morelikeew wrote:

I just love that POP sound that does freakishly high damage.

It's horrid without a ton of cast-speed though.

Maybe I've not picked up enough cast speed then, who knows.

Tried to get an upgrade for my claw for Frost Blades.

ilvl73 lmao. Hit Tyrannical and Regaled t7 hybrid. Rip. Still a ~350pdps claw when multi-modded. Time to grind Elreon + Vagan forever.
Finally hit a North rod and was able to run Vinktars. Hit the best possible!

A couple of divines got it to a near max roll.
Last edited by seanxjohnson on Jul 14, 2017, 4:58:46 AM
There's just no way I can deal with playing SSF in a game that leaves you practically zero ability to target your gear.

The game was just designed with being dependent on trading, and having to sink lots of time into each and every character. There's just no foundation in place to where you can just pick a playstyle and go with it, and realistically gather the gear you need ( even if much of it is crafted ). Div cards only go so far ..and like mentioned with jewels ....there's a lot of key build items that are entirely random.

So you either have to be content with a build that requires nothing to do late game content..

...never do late game content....

..or can deal with needing to switch between characters constantly as you gain items to make builds work.

I love being able to gather things myself, which was a huge thing with crafting games and the "classic" arpgs like Diablo 2. PoE is just not built like that, and GGG knows it ( having mentioned that there is a real lack of support for solo play ).

Whenever I start dreaming about starting up a SSF character ..I immediately think about all of the .001% chance items that I'm going to need ..and immediately remember why I unfortunately depend on trading to enjoy this game.

For those that can get enjoyment out of SSF, that's great. But How is SSF going for me? Dreadful.
"
JoeShmo wrote:
There's just no way I can deal with playing SSF in a game that leaves you practically zero ability to target your gear.

The game was just designed with being dependent on trading, and having to sink lots of time into each and every character. There's just no foundation in place to where you can just pick a playstyle and go with it, and realistically gather the gear you need ( even if much of it is crafted ). Div cards only go so far ..and like mentioned with jewels ....there's a lot of key build items that are entirely random.

So you either have to be content with a build that requires nothing to do late game content..

...never do late game content....

..or can deal with needing to switch between characters constantly as you gain items to make builds work.

I love being able to gather things myself, which was a huge thing with crafting games and the "classic" arpgs like Diablo 2. PoE is just not built like that, and GGG knows it ( having mentioned that there is a real lack of support for solo play ).

Whenever I start dreaming about starting up a SSF character ..I immediately think about all of the .001% chance items that I'm going to need ..and immediately remember why I unfortunately depend on trading to enjoy this game.

For those that can get enjoyment out of SSF, that's great. But How is SSF going for me? Dreadful.

You might want to read through the last 10 or so pages of this thread. You'll see that people have assembled some insane gear, done all content, completed most of not all of their atlas, killed shaper, uber atziri and chayula. Have multiple end game builds to 90+, and have at least 1, if not multiple, 6Ls.

Does SSF take longer? Yes, but isn't that sort of the point?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info