How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

Tried Oba's Cursed Trove... not even close. Oh well.
Went into Merc Lab to complete a prophecy, opened a strongbox, and got this OMG drop of the day:

Legacy_OMG_of_the_day
RNGesus looked favorably upon my SSF exile today.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
No joy in Mudville... no joy in Wraeclast.
"
Completed 7 ChallengesArrowneous wrote:
Went into Merc Lab to complete a prophecy, opened a strongbox, and got this OMG drop of the day:

Legacy_OMG_of_the_day
RNGesus looked favorably upon my SSF exile today.

gz! never had that happen in my life before xd
"
Completed 12 Challengessatanttin wrote:
gz! never had that happen in my life before xd

First for me. Just goes to show how wildly random the RNG is in PoE. The rare strongbox didn't look any different than 1001 others I've opened before and none ever dropped even 1 exalt let alone 2 + Blessed + a bunch of others. Legacy League has been that way. Right at the start on March 3rd in normal Mud Flats this happened:
White_Roah_Feather

and later in Cruel Dried Lake with this:
Twisted_Anarchy_Leaguestone

and got this drop:

Another "RNGesus is smiling on me" moment. Still using it with my Frost Blades build at level 89 so level 90 before the end of SSF Legacy on the 29th is very doable now that I respec'ed from a rare sword to this drop:

The axe is much better than the sword was even with a slower attack speed but I'm using an Ancestral Protector totem which gets me 20% increased attack speed. I like trying new skills and combos, wasn't sure the viability of AP for endgame (had never used it) but so far it's working very well at level 10 and 11 maps. Probably no good for much more than level 12 but that's enough to complete the level 90 challenge and 19 total for the Challenger Trophy hideout decoration.

I just respec'd today after theory crafting with the axe using Path of Building utility. Got a surprise with the axe in that it randomly talks when it kills anything. I never knew any weapon could talk, even if it is just a few phrases about wanting more blood or sometimes it laughs in the face of death. Insanely fun to use. PoE, for all it's problems and frustrating times, never ceases to surprise me in little ways.
Last edited by Arrowneous on May 13, 2017 4:57:10 PM
Council down... Have no idea what just happened.

"
Completed 16 ChallengesShagsbeard wrote:
Tried Oba's Cursed Trove... not even close. Oh well.

Tried this today, same here.

Today was a waste of time to me. No drop, no exp. Just death... so many deaths.

I need a break.
Got this Saturday after a week of nothing good (Jack The Axe was a last weekend drop):

I'll need at least 5L on them before they are usable so my FB build will continue to use the corrupted 6L.
"
Completed 16 ChallengesShagsbeard wrote:
Council down... Have no idea what just happened.

Nice. Time for a Chaos build.
"
Got this Saturday after a week of nothing good (Jack The Axe was a last weekend drop):

I'll need at least 5L on them before they are usable so my FB build will continue to use the corrupted 6L.

I spent almost the whole of level 79 to 81 farming Aqueducts boss for Carcass Jack cards and only found one the whole time (in contrast, I also found an entire set of tabula rasa cards at the same time). Given up on it now :(

Still having a great time though. Tri curse eq juggernaut ftw xD
"
Spoiler
"

I spent almost the whole of level 79 to 81 farming Aqueducts boss for Carcass Jack cards and only found one the whole time (in contrast, I also found an entire set of tabula rasa cards at the same time). Given up on it now :(

Still having a great time though. Tri curse eq juggernaut ftw xD

The wildness of rng will always be a frustrating/exciting part of PoE and is "working as expected" by GGG. We either embrace this (at least come to an understanding) and continue to play or have quit.

At the start of this league I had no pre-determined build in mind (I never do) and always go with whatever skill gem drops first that sounds interesting (one I haven't used). So this league I got a Frost Blades early and an Ancestral Totem. I was very unsure of AT and endgame viability but now at 30% into level 89 I like it very much. At level 20 it can take out the whites and significantly reduce the blue creatures health. And as all totems do it aggros creatures and triggers mob packs to attack it when placed ahead and I can't quite see the next dangerous mob pack just off-screen.

Edit: I was using a high dps sword until the Jack dropped and was using Whirling Blades for movement. Now with the axe I'm using Leap Slam and it blows away WB for fast movement. WB is bugged in that when the server simulation gets calculation overloaded if goes crazy and moves my exile in other directions than where I'm pointing to (usually goes back to the previous location I WBed from which is highly annoying and extremely dangerous when I want to WB out of harms way... the next WB puts me back in the pack... but I'm pointing the other way... damn bugged movement skill).

Legacy League goes on my PoE scorecard as a great league. I hope GGG hears this and migrates LS over to standard without nerfing drop rates and killing the fun of leaguestones (why the hell don't they drop... you sob GGG nerfers and all that frustration for all good things).
Last edited by Arrowneous on May 14, 2017 7:32:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info