[2.6] 2MIL+ DPS, 9k+ LIFE Lead Sprinkler

As you've figured out, EQ isnt a great application for a high-attack speed dual wield build. Too bad the thread title is out of date.

Brutus is all about taking that 2-4 extra fire per 10 strength and applying it as often as possible. So any skill that has a lot of little hits will outperform big fat EQs which don't really scale the extra damage.

Molten is no doubt the best boss killer on a 4L (Molten-Slower Proj-Faster Attacks or GMP-Conc) but the clear speed is pretty bad imhov esp with Slower Proj since the balls have to go up and then come down. In this regard, Ground Slam, Sunder, Spectral Throw (which also gets Point Blank)...even Cyclone are going to be faster mappers.

BTW Crown of Eyes works. Its benefit depends on how much strength you have on the tree. But so does Black Sun Crest ;)
"
Molten is no doubt the best boss killer on a 4L (Molten-Slower Proj-Faster Attacks or GMP-Conc) but the clear speed is pretty bad imhov esp with Slower Proj since the balls have to go up and then come down. In this regard, Ground Slam, Sunder, Spectral Throw (which also gets Point Blank)...even Cyclone are going to be faster mappers.

Slower proj and faster attacks? Have you ever even heard about multistrike and weapon elemental damage?

A 4 link sunder with WED+Ele focus+inc aoe clears everything other then rares. molten strike with jewels and helm enchant already gives 10 proj so gmp will just gimp you'r dmg. And don't take slower proj its a noob trap unless you are going trying to stack ignite. fire pen, conc and ele focus are much better alternativs.
I have not tried spectral throw it could def be an alternative to sunder for clear speed.
for better clear speed with molten strike i use multistrike pierce is bad in my opinion.

i know that fire damage is lower with multistrike but overall clear speed\damage is higher and
more elemental overload procs.

My links now

Molten Srike
Multistrike
Conceffect
Weapon Elemental Damage
Fire Penetration

as 6 link in future
Slower Projectiles
Elemantal focus <--(but no more ignites with it)
or others!
Using Essence of Hysteria, I'm using a 4L glove with WED - Multistrike - Fire Penetration.
I need to do the math to see if it's more or less damage than a 6L. It is, however, a billion times cheaper if you want to focus on getting better gear elsewhere.
TabSluppins - Pizza guy

i started by using firestorm and it seems much worse than vortex or blade vortex for igniting things if you got avatar of fire or xophs blood. elemental proliferation on them was nice too for maps.

im in t10/11/12 right now too and it feels real nice with earthquake. love to see ur gear/tree though.[/quote]

Im gonna give it a shot. You should be able to view my profile and tree. SpankYaBallz is the character name. Chieftain[/quote]

Hey man, I was looking at your tree at gear, and was wondering if Elemental Focus might be a higher dmg gem than Melee Physical? Seems to me that at higher levels the physical portion wouldn't scale well based on the weapon.[/quote]

Your probably right. I have been lazy to Socket colors honestly. I'm going to do that next time I play. And honestly the lack of ignites from MS isn't a big deal because I use a cwdt firestorn/vortex and molten shell which usually does all my igniting anyhow. Also is it true that iron grip isn't useful? If so that could free up so much needed points.
Spoiler
"
As you've figured out, EQ isnt a great application for a high-attack speed dual wield build. Too bad the thread title is out of date.

Brutus is all about taking that 2-4 extra fire per 10 strength and applying it as often as possible. So any skill that has a lot of little hits will outperform big fat EQs which don't really scale the extra damage.

BTW Crown of Eyes works. Its benefit depends on how much strength you have on the tree. But so does Black Sun Crest ;)

actually eq was clearing maps faster just due to the aoe and has similar dps by just scaling the ignite mostly. it is worse vs bosses though. i like molten strike a bit better with abberath's because abberath's just prolifs most things anyways. i got cyclone with taming + emberwake to be a better boss killer. molten strike just seems more well rounded, doing both well enough. might try out a 4 link for clearing and use a rare boot. changed the title.

Spoiler
"

for better clear speed with molten strike i use multistrike pierce is bad in my opinion.

i know that fire damage is lower with multistrike but overall clear speed\damage is higher and
more elemental overload procs.

pierce increased my current characters damage by 82k dps while multistrike increases it by 14k (if icluding the main attack, otherwise reduces the projectiles alone by 14k) without any buffs. it will hit more stuff though. thats up to you because im relying on abberath's to hit all the stuff.

Spoiler

"
Also is it true that iron grip isn't useful? If so that could free up so much needed points.

iron grip only works with molten strike's physical damage but the vast amount of our damage is fire.

molten strike
fire pen
conc effect
wed
slower proj
pierce

is the highest damaging 6 link
Last edited by goldnugget on Mar 13, 2017, 5:21:31 PM
I am doing a Molten Strike version of this, and as a ranger, scaling the projectiles. And it is doing amazing so far, it feels alot like the "old" earthquake playstyle. Shift+Click, Leap to next pack, repeat. Also it is a non-ignite build. Feel free to check my profile, name is "Springles"
Hello,

I'm interested to try this build.
My question atm is : the chieftain ascendancy wouldn't be better for this build ( for damage ) ?
we just need to take 3 more nodes : life and mana leech + vitality void.
"
Kyorden wrote:
Hello,

I'm interested to try this build.
My question atm is : the chieftain ascendancy wouldn't be better for this build ( for damage ) ?
we just need to take 3 more nodes : life and mana leech + vitality void.

no. my current character would do about 830k dps with berserker after a savage hit. with chieftain it would do about 300k dps if the enemy is ignited. thats how far apart these ascendancies are, less than half the damage with chieftain AND needing to spend more passives.
Last edited by goldnugget on Mar 14, 2017, 12:04:33 AM
wow... ok thx a lot!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info