[2.6] The Devourer of Souls - A Soulthirst Build

"
Ghazzy wrote:
Just showcased this build as the first one in the new "build of the week" series!

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5z1sgi/weekly_build_showcase_ep_1_the_devourer_of_souls/

Thank you for showcasing my Build Ghazzy. ^^
"
SasquatchBrah wrote:
Spoiler
Hi, doing a similar build a the moment... had some theorycrafting ideas I wanted to ask you about

First of all it may be possible to get some of the benefits from a high APS from soul eater by using essence of insanity amulet (10% to gain 10% of maximum mana on skill use). Alternatively you could go Trickster for Weave the Arcane node which does the same thing with 20% chance. The purpose of doing so would be to use a different weapon or Spectral Throw, which should have faster clear. The only issue I think maybe canceling the skill effect on accident during the startup when your attacks are slow.

Second, I really wanted to abuse the hell out of the soul eater mechanic, so I am using Dreamfeather+Perfect Form and a Choir of the Storm. These three items let me take advantage of the huge uncapped resists Soul Eater gives to get 200-500% added damage and similar crit chance. Unfortunately I'm a little low on chaos at the moment so haven't gotten a Choir yet but the duel Dreamfeather was working pretty well in a poison/Assassin setup. I'm planning to respec to Trickster to try out 2x Dreamfeathers and Weave the Arcane and see if the mechanic is reliable or not w/o Soul Taker and melee skills.

For phased boss fights I thought to myself, what about Vaal Breach! But then I realized we can't get vaal souls with Soul Thirst and vaal breach is confirmed not to give souls to vaal skills (I'd have to test if it gave souls to soul eater but intuition is no)

well.... if you were to use stuff like an Insanity Amulet and the Trickster ascendancy, there would be a good chance that you just go up to full mana if you proc those effects enought. and gaining high amounts of mana is defeating the builds purpose. since if you hit full mana, the flask effect ends instantly.
but go ahead. i would love to see how thats turns out in the end.
Last edited by PhilMonster on Mar 19, 2017, 9:43:14 AM
Yeah I'm gonna try it with both of them... I guess I will start with the insanity amulet so I don't have to respec my assassin fully. I don't get why Soul Taker does apply to all attacks because the only one that's not melee is spectral throw. An alternative I thought would be popping clarity and rallying cry once you're at higher stacks
Last edited by SasquatchBrah on Mar 13, 2017, 9:04:01 PM
A sapping hp flask is really nice to get you started so you arent too close to the mana buffer.

wouldn't MoM help keep some of your mana gone as well, and give you a much larger pool to "fight" with you mana pot.

"Helmets with the corrupted implicit mod When Hit, (3 to 5)% of Damage is taken from Mana before Life" would be pretty sick as well, as a mitigation/mana sapper combo... but getting that on an abyssus could be wicked expensive..
"
SasquatchBrah wrote:
Yeah I'm gonna try it with both of them... I guess I will start with the insanity amulet so I don't have to respec my assassin fully. I don't get why Soul Taker does apply to all attacks because the only one that's not melee is spectral throw. An alternative I thought would be popping clarity and rallying cry once you're at higher stacks

Rallying cry + clarity is probably not enough while at 52 APS with a Mana cost of 48 each
Last edited by PhilMonster on Mar 14, 2017, 9:18:41 AM
"
tanzer16 wrote:
A sapping hp flask is really nice to get you started so you arent too close to the mana buffer.

wouldn't MoM help keep some of your mana gone as well, and give you a much larger pool to "fight" with you mana pot.

"Helmets with the corrupted implicit mod When Hit, (3 to 5)% of Damage is taken from Mana before Life" would be pretty sick as well, as a mitigation/mana sapper combo... but getting that on an abyssus could be wicked expensive..

To use a nother flask to help with the flask is probably not a good idea, because it ends your soul eater.
And yes MoM would help, but a larger Mana pool is not a good idea, because then your skills don't use a high total % of yourana and will will end up with more problems keeping your flasks effect up.
"
PhilMonster wrote:
"
tanzer16 wrote:

To use a nother flask to help with the flask is probably not a good idea, because it ends your soul eater.
And yes MoM would help, but a larger Mana pool is not a good idea, because then your skills don't use a high total % of yourana and will will end up with more problems keeping your flasks effect up.

the sapping life flask would be between mana flasks to A) heal if needed/possible and B) it takes away from your mana

im confused as to how MORE max mana than the mana pot could refill on one use would cause problems? it would basically force max duration every time..
"
tanzer16 wrote:
Spoiler
"
PhilMonster wrote:
"
tanzer16 wrote:

the sapping life flask would be between mana flasks to A) heal if needed/possible and B) it takes away from your mana

im confused as to how MORE max mana than the mana pot could refill on one use would cause problems? it would basically force max duration every time..

you can just attack with BF a couple of times and you are on no mana as well. and a instand life flask would be better for panic situations. then with this bulild you are either near full life or dead.
and for the Mana part. what are the odds of you actualy getting 1575 unreserved mana without high invested?
the mana would help for sure to give us a bigger buffer, but would also require more time to get to low mana.
Last edited by PhilMonster on Mar 19, 2017, 9:43:36 AM
I'm trying this build and i think i did a mistake, idk why but i have only 2.6 attacks per second

you need to use blood rage to gain frenzy charges, which gives 4% attack per charge, in this case we have 6 adding up to +24%, on top of that soul thirster gives us attack speed per stack
3.4 boss carry https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2061732

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info