[2.6] The Devourer of Souls - A Soulthirst Build

"
Forgnar wrote:
Hey PhilMonster.

Loving the build and the concept around it, gonna try it out later today :)

I've never played with Blade Flurry before and have 1 question.

Wouldn't it be better to help Kraityn in cruel for the extra attack speed?
or is that one extra passive form killing them all a must have.

we have insane amounts of increased attack speed due to Soulthirst, so the 8% from Kraityn do VERY little compared to that so in my opinion, the passive skill point is the better option.
Hey @PhilMonster thanks for the guide :)
I'd like to ask if you could edit the guide and add the stats I should aim for each piece of gear cause I'm a begginer
Also, how much % reduced Flask effect duration on Soulthirst I should get? 20 or 30?
Something that would help alot of new people is to add some iten/legendaries to look for on the leveling guide and weapons between the 2 unique requested on lv 58+
And also put some of your Legacy gear

ty man
at what point would you replace bino's? delerium worthwhile or just go to highest dps bladeflurry enabler?
"
PhilMonster wrote:
"
Forgnar wrote:
Hey PhilMonster.

Loving the build and the concept around it, gonna try it out later today :)

I've never played with Blade Flurry before and have 1 question.

Wouldn't it be better to help Kraityn in cruel for the extra attack speed?
or is that one extra passive form killing them all a must have.

we have insane amounts of increased attack speed due to Soulthirst, so the 8% from Kraityn do VERY little compared to that so in my opinion, the passive skill point is the better option.

That was a fast reply! :)

I'm a noob when it comes to BF, so thank you for setting things straight.
Gonna rock this build now.

Cheers
"
tanzer16 wrote:
at what point would you replace bino's? delerium worthwhile or just go to highest dps bladeflurry enabler?

just take the highest pDPS Dagger you can find (like Loath Bane if your on standard). do not take a delerium weapon, since we dont have any from of chaos scaling
"
guigasper wrote:
Hey @PhilMonster thanks for the guide :)
I'd like to ask if you could edit the guide and add the stats I should aim for each piece of gear cause I'm a begginer
Also, how much % reduced Flask effect duration on Soulthirst I should get? 20 or 30?
Something that would help alot of new people is to add some iten/legendaries to look for on the leveling guide and weapons between the 2 unique requested on lv 58+
And also put some of your Legacy gear

ty man

for the stats you should aim for on your
boots - life (70+) + res (80%+) + movement speed
Gloves - life (70+) + res (80%+) + adds phys damage to attacks (if you can can afford it)
Rings - life (60+) + res (120%+) + adds phys damage to attacks (if you can can afford it)
Amulet - life (70+) + adds phys damage to attacks + crit strike multi + crit strike chance

on your Soulthirst the reduced flask effect duration roll should be as low as possible so 20% becasue the higher that roll is, the shorter your flask duration will be.

for leveling weapons, just put in the poe search
type "Generic One-Handed weapon" (look for daggers, claws and and swords.)
Requirements - level put in your current level in the [max] box
maybe put a max buyout for 2c and then search
after you see the listed items, click on the "pDPS" button of one of the listed items, then it will list the highest pDPS weapon for the things you put in. thats how you search for leveling weapons.

you dont need any weapon between Soul Taker and Bino's Kitchen Knife because we will be dual wielding those 2. for the levels before you cann equip Bino's, just use a leveling weapon instad

i currenty cant post my Legacy gear, because i havnt been able to make this build in the legacy league yet.

i hope this is helpful to you.
Last edited by PhilMonster on Mar 12, 2017, 7:16:32 AM
"
PhilMonster wrote:
"
tanzer16 wrote:

just take the highest pDPS Dagger you can find (like Loath Bane if your on standard). do not take a delerium weapon, since we dont have any from of chaos scaling

yeah i was thinking one of the other essences, flame blast on kill or random charge generator. could make for a funny setup
Just showcased this build as the first one in the new "build of the week" series!

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5z1sgi/weekly_build_showcase_ep_1_the_devourer_of_souls/
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Hi, doing a similar build a the moment... had some theorycrafting ideas I wanted to ask you about

First of all it may be possible to get some of the benefits from a high APS from soul eater by using essence of insanity amulet (10% to gain 10% of maximum mana on skill use). Alternatively you could go Trickster for Weave the Arcane node which does the same thing with 20% chance. The purpose of doing so would be to use a different weapon or Spectral Throw, which should have faster clear. The only issue I think maybe canceling the skill effect on accident during the startup when your attacks are slow.

Second, I really wanted to abuse the hell out of the soul eater mechanic, so I am using Dreamfeather+Perfect Form and a Choir of the Storm. These three items let me take advantage of the huge uncapped resists Soul Eater gives to get 200-500% added damage and similar crit chance. Unfortunately I'm a little low on chaos at the moment so haven't gotten a Choir yet but the duel Dreamfeather was working pretty well in a poison/Assassin setup. I'm planning to respec to Trickster to try out 2x Dreamfeathers and Weave the Arcane and see if the mechanic is reliable or not w/o Soul Taker and melee skills.

For phased boss fights I thought to myself, what about Vaal Breach! But then I realized we can't get vaal souls with Soul Thirst and vaal breach is confirmed not to give souls to vaal skills (I'd have to test if it gave souls to soul eater but intuition is no)
Last edited by SasquatchBrah on Mar 12, 2017, 11:53:17 PM
"
tanzer16 wrote:
"
PhilMonster wrote:
"
tanzer16 wrote:

yeah i was thinking one of the other essences, flame blast on kill or random charge generator. could make for a funny setup

we dont have any fire scaling so the flame blasts wont do much damage and we already generate all 3 types of charges.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info