[2.6] Zombie summoner - 6 Big Zombies

"
Mental_One wrote:
What do you mean by " These will both change after friday, the only question is how much "?

I'll edit it out but it was old speculation before the league actually launched and we had the tree. I went for a strength stacker as soon as The Baron was found
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
allana wrote:
Spent most of my currency buying this chest:

Level 28 Zombies with Mon'Treguls grasp sitting at 37000 HP :]

I'll try leveling a CI based version of the build soon, maybe I'll use united in dream instead of mon'treguls too

let me know if you need pointers on a ci variant.. because you might be able to rock a variation of my umbilicus build. (are you going to keep using baron on the ci version)?

also unless you are using a chest with +1 gem levels .. nothing will come close to GS as a chest piece.

My current thoughts on this (forgot to reply before) is to for as much ES as possible so I won't be using the 2h sword. Will not use the baron. Undecided on if I want to use 9 small zombies or 5 big, which would require a +1 zombie neck. I'll probably use umbilicus though and Disc, hatred and haste as auras
"
Roelklapstoel wrote:
I've been enjoying this build for a while now, im currently level 83 and have all the items recommended for the hybrid build. One problem im running into though is with the carnage chieftain spectres, I find that on tier 6 and higher maps they sometimes just die way too quickly and getting them back is such a bother. Are there any alternative spectres I could use, or maybe a good way of keeping them alive?

I'm running mine in my Baron helm: Animate Guardian -> Raise Spectre -> Blood Magic -> Minion Life

The extra life from the gem helps keep them alive quite a bit better than their stock hp. You can also get the Chieftan spectres from the Tier 1 Jungle Valley map which makes them quite a bit tougher, or the Tier 8 Barrows map, and I haven't had those ones die at all yet (lost to disconnect is another story).

I'm also running my animate guardian per this build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1673121/page/1

"My current setup is Kaom's Roots, Dying Breath, Southbound, Leer Cast, and Death's Oath"

This makes your guardian cost maybe 3c, but he's really durable (the minion life gem helps here too) and gives your other minions +33% damage. Pretty handy.
"
allana wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
allana wrote:
Spent most of my currency buying this chest:

Level 28 Zombies with Mon'Treguls grasp sitting at 37000 HP :]

I'll try leveling a CI based version of the build soon, maybe I'll use united in dream instead of mon'treguls too

let me know if you need pointers on a ci variant.. because you might be able to rock a variation of my umbilicus build. (are you going to keep using baron on the ci version)?

also unless you are using a chest with +1 gem levels .. nothing will come close to GS as a chest piece.

My current thoughts on this (forgot to reply before) is to for as much ES as possible so I won't be using the 2h sword. Will not use the baron. Undecided on if I want to use 9 small zombies or 5 big, which would require a +1 zombie neck. I'll probably use umbilicus though and Disc, hatred and haste as auras

Then pointers i shall give. for casual mapping id go with 9 zombies with a chayula ammy this is because once you have a 21 zombie and a 4 empower you will have the durability on zombies to grind t15 maps (bosses included) without any issues whatso ever. that and stuns suuuuuuck

you could switch to montre/ ammy for guardians i suppose .. using faster attacks and poison as your green slot switches (which is what i do).

since you wont be doing a 2 hander you will probably follow my skin of the loyal variant.

which means 2 curses (probably vuln and temp chains with enfeeble as a switch curse if you need tanky of damage)

of course you will want a 300 minimum es helm with the zombie damage enchant.

i would suggest doing umbilicus unless you really arent comfortable with the style. id say umbilicus using vitality discipline and haste over using hatred discipline and haste if for no other reason than you can move using shield charge and give your zombies 80% increased movement speed by rolling with a qs flask ( which means you dont need to juggle minion speed jewelery)

if you do umbilicus .. dont bother going out of your way to get life regen on the tree. just get the 1.7% from the shaper scion node , 2ish % from vitality and 2% from the belt. will get you to about 1100 es regen with 11000 es (while under a consecrated ground buff).

as for flasks

i would avoid lions roar and multistrike and i would avoid lions roar against bosses which can be knocked back

ideally you would use atziris promise , chalice, sins rebirth, qs flask of adrenaline and probably that new blood of the karui flask ( it is stupid good on zombies).

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Apr 27, 2017, 7:44:10 AM
"
5th link: Here's the tricky part as more testing is still needed. There are several candidates; Faster Attacks, Multistrike, Increased Area of Effect/Concentrated effect, Minion Speed, Added Fire

Have you guys decided what you prefer as a 5th link? I'm using Multistrike atm but I'm unsure if something else would be better and why... ?
Been playing this build today and melted Atziri pretty easily, died to the bleed of the triple bosses lol.

Currently have around 1070 strength, anything else I can do to get more or is it just leveling?
"
Foam_Bananas wrote:
Been playing this build today and melted Atziri pretty easily, died to the bleed of the triple bosses lol.

Currently have around 1070 strength, anything else I can do to get more or is it just leveling?

Mostly just leveling I think. I also think with an Atramentis you'd come out way ahead of that corrupt amulet, even though it is pretty good. You can get a few more STR from a +40 baron and an 18% Alberons. You also need 6% STR Brawn Jewels and +24 STR Efficient Training's, those will help quite a bit man. Just shelling out for better rolls on your gear will probably get you over 1200 for that extra zombie.
"
BKotare wrote:
"
Foam_Bananas wrote:

Mostly just leveling I think. I also think with an Atramentis you'd come out way ahead of that corrupt amulet, even though it is pretty good. You can get a few more STR from a +40 baron and an 18% Alberons. You also need 6% STR Brawn Jewels and +24 STR Efficient Training's, those will help quite a bit man. Just shelling out for better rolls on your gear will probably get you over 1200 for that extra zombie.

You're right, I've been slowly upgrading my items, have a 100% Mon'tregul's as well. Getting an Atrementis on the other hand is going to take a long time.
Been playing this build all league and really like it with one caveat. I'm currently level 88 and don't have much problems with the actual build, but the game randomly freezes and force-closes in error at least once or twice every time I play, and it's always after I exit a map or daily quest portal and zone back into my hideout. Has anyone else with this build been experiencing a similar problem? Other than having to reboot my game, it's a pain to have to resummon all my shit and get the ape spectres again.
anyway i could increase my gear ? Look at my char monkeyterror pls :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info