2.6 All Strengh Chieftain Molten Strike Brutus'Lead Sprinkler Theory

How do you guys deal with spell damage ? I'm entering red maps, and I get rekt by packs of Flame Sentinels. I think I won't make it to T15 without major upgrades, but I'm so poor.
I need a xoph's amulet, and some proper 5/6L and let go of my gloves to get +STR ones.

I feel like my pathing at the bottom of the tree is shit too.

I plan on dropping RT and replace it by EO.

Why do some of you guys take the AOE nodes ? Surely the 2 jewels feels like enough. The damage itself on the nodes is worth it ?

Tree lvl 86 :

Gear :
Spoiler

"
Beef_Tony wrote:
Hi!
I wanna share some ideas with you and please correct me if I´m wrong at some point.

Here´s my lvl 92 skill tree. I´m level 85 now with 6.5k hp and 1.2k strength.
Spoiler

http://poeplanner.com/AAYAAPUxOwB4xthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCDvDlBH5FFnm9SPGS4n7cT22WFXDa2Nz37zm2hl0iHyQYIHns2nMJ_LAecUTfxLvJ8YkTbohmAirzhTducaVWEhhO_awUMxTP9OKiPTbyeaao9gdPEppY1-t7Z1y-pivqdlTb02R36E2Rv6Jd-kGcauPC2DzINftz7-Cti98kU64aZXMZ6vpz0PfLt35TrYJy-QVRo47DiFe2ZUgpuaO5_fPAXAZgSzogApT-QiGmydrqcI2CRWSBVQA3WRK18EBg7UfAn2f-Mx-3TtBS0uU9Nv73wm8xOluX7GBKajBsMD1r1gAAAAAAA=

My current Gear:
Spoiler

some thoughts:

1. I see many people take the Iron Grip and/or Point Blank Keystones. Some dude here said this is "a no brainer" and he is right. Since you are using two Brutus Lead Sprinkler you have hardly any flat physical damage which is why you shouldn´t take Iron Grip. For Point Blank i found the following explanation by Mark_GGG wrote:
"The projectiles travel a random distance between 5 units and 20 units, with the latter distance being affected by AoE increases (the minimum distances is always 5). Point Blank gives a 50% damage bonus only until range 10, which would thus cover only a third of the projectiles with no AoE increase."

2. Many people are torn between taking Resolute Technique and Elemental Overload. I´d take EO over RT for the following reason. RT/chance to hit only affects your initial hit, your Molten strike projectiles will always trigger and hit. Since your main damage comes from the projectiles the effect of RT seems rather useless. To be honest EO does not trigger as often as i want it to, but for killing bosses it usually triggers and gives a massive dps boost. Plus there´s some nice notes on the way. I guess it depens on wether you wanna use another skill for clearing maps, which i don´t because i feel MS with 2 Wildfire jewels is sufficient and a lot of fun.

3. I really like Chieftain here for the straight forward strength and fire penetration + leech and free charge generation. I guess Berserker works good as well and has probably higher damage.

4. What do you think about Abberath's Hooves Goathide Boots?
I tried them earlier in the game and couldn´t recognize a major difference to Alberon's Warpath Soldier Boots or some solid rare Boots with flat strength.

5. What about late game chest Armour? Belly maybe?

6. Has anyone made experience with Taming/Emberwake Combo?

Super fun Build so far, enjoy!
Cheers

For Iron Grip, the way I understand it, is that Strength gives an innate bonus to physical damage. What Iron Grip does, is instead of using your strength to apply bonus physical damage, it is now taking your strength and granting bonus projectile damage. This means you won't see your dps number increase on Molten Strike since it only shows initial hit damage, but your projectiles from Molten Strike deal more.

I could be VERY wrong though, but think I am right :P

I went RT for now, but am speccing out and into EO soon. I am going Juggernaut since my damage scales so well off other sources, and want my ascendancy to be my defence for late game, along with MoM. Accuracy node in Juggs will give tons of attack speed when only using a piece or two with accuracy on it and the high % acc from tree.

Also, i looked into Molten Strike and their was a post from Mark_GGG that said Molten Strike projectiles could miss. Will find tomorrow since I am on my phone now.

Point Blank made a HUGE difference. Very nice multiplier and perfect for this build. Once I hit 80 I will throw my build up.
Last edited by sheeeeeeets on Mar 15, 2017, 10:59:40 PM
Ok I have to revise my statement:
"

1. I see many people take the Iron Grip and/or Point Blank Keystones. Some dude here said this is "a no brainer" and he is right. Since you are using two Brutus Lead Sprinkler you have hardly any flat physical damage which is why you shouldn´t take Iron Grip. For Point Blank i found the following explanation by Mark_GGG wrote:
"The projectiles travel a random distance between 5 units and 20 units, with the latter distance being affected by AoE increases (the minimum distances is always 5). Point Blank gives a 50% damage bonus only until range 10, which would thus cover only a third of the projectiles with no AoE increase."

I was wrong!!!

Point Blank wiki gives us the following tabel:

Distance Traveled Damage Scaling

0 to 10 -> 50%
10 to 35 -> 50% to 0%
35 to 150 -> 0% to −50%

Molten strike wiki says:

Projectiles are spread randomly over a 270 degree circular area within a radius of 5 to 20 units[1] around the target struck. The latter (20) is affected by increased Area of Effect. Let´s say you got 2 wildfire jewels running which gives you 50% IAoE your max distance is 30 which is still in the range of a positive Point Blank Multiplier.

Long story short: Point Blank is a massive damage Boost if you are not stacking IAoE way beyond 75% and even then its still good.
Last edited by Beef_Tony on Mar 16, 2017, 8:25:36 AM
Would be good if we can find a solid answer on Iron Grip. I specced out of it and I don't see much of a difference to be honest. Just got my final ascendancy last night and that 10% strength is nice.

I think if the balls can miss it's probably worth sticking with RT. Although if someone gets EO to work well I'd consider speccing out of RT.
Last edited by ThorTheGray on Mar 16, 2017, 10:34:47 AM
After reading Iron Grip over and over and over, I am thinking it might take the physical damage from melee and apply the physical damage to projectiles.

Since we arent doing much melee physical damage, I dont think this is necessary.

I just specced into EO from RT and I have almost 4k accuracy which tives me 20% attack speed, and I dont have a single bit of accuracy on gear. Havent got to test yet and am only 68, but will do a bunch of testing this weekend.

Should be around 50k dps with EO and frenzy charges, and thats speccing almost entirely into survivabilty. Will let you all know how I fair!
Last edited by sheeeeeeets on Mar 16, 2017, 9:52:18 PM
I'm pretty new to this game, but I absolutely love it. This build caught my eye when legacy first started and I've been going hard at it grinding. I've basically stitched together what I could from the info in the thread. I've had a bit of trouble with higher tiered maps and anything that does chaos damage. I basically only do MS and keep my auras up and dropping totems (I am still a noob). If I could get some criticism on my gear and how to upgrade it, that would be awesome. I don't fully grasp the mechanics, but I've tried my best. Any advice would be much appreciated.

One thing I'm still unclear about is the best way to 6 link the MS. Also I don't know how to link to my skill tree. I've been going off this but grabbed point blank and iron grip as they seemed like good options based on what others have said in this thread.
http://poeplanner.com/AAYAAPsxOwB7xthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCDvDlBH5FFnm9SPGS4n7cT22WFXDa2Nz37zm2hl0iHyQYIHns2nMJ_LAecUTfxLvJ8YkTbohmAirzhTducaVWEhhO_awUMxTP9OKiPTbyeaao9gdPEppY1-t7Z1y-pivqdlTb02R36E2Rv6Jd-kGcauPC2DzINftz7-Cti98kU64aZXMZ6vpz0PfLt35TrYJy-QVRo47DiFe2ZUgpuaO5_fPAXAZgSzogApT-QiGmydrqcI2CRWSBVQA3WRK18EBg7UfAn2f-Mx-3TtBS0uU9Nv73w1kv6PTeMm8xOluX7GBKajBsMD1r1gAAAAAAA=
I must thank Mr. SpankYaBallz and his character has been a very good template to work from.
Ive got to lvl 88 and kind of have given up on this build conquering end game. I imagine if I had a nice set of Vaal Acuitys or specd into Vaal Pact itd be a different story but waiting for the balls to hit can get you into alot of trouble late game when there is so much spike damage. Still a solid build tho.
"
Assword wrote:
I'm pretty new to this game, but I absolutely love it. This build caught my eye when legacy first started and I've been going hard at it grinding. I've basically stitched together what I could from the info in the thread. I've had a bit of trouble with higher tiered maps and anything that does chaos damage. I basically only do MS and keep my auras up and dropping totems (I am still a noob). If I could get some criticism on my gear and how to upgrade it, that would be awesome. I don't fully grasp the mechanics, but I've tried my best. Any advice would be much appreciated.

One thing I'm still unclear about is the best way to 6 link the MS. Also I don't know how to link to my skill tree. I've been going off this but grabbed point blank and iron grip as they seemed like good options based on what others have said in this thread.
http://poeplanner.com/AAYAAPsxOwB7xthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCDvDlBH5FFnm9SPGS4n7cT22WFXDa2Nz37zm2hl0iHyQYIHns2nMJ_LAecUTfxLvJ8YkTbohmAirzhTducaVWEhhO_awUMxTP9OKiPTbyeaao9gdPEppY1-t7Z1y-pivqdlTb02R36E2Rv6Jd-kGcauPC2DzINftz7-Cti98kU64aZXMZ6vpz0PfLt35TrYJy-QVRo47DiFe2ZUgpuaO5_fPAXAZgSzogApT-QiGmydrqcI2CRWSBVQA3WRK18EBg7UfAn2f-Mx-3TtBS0uU9Nv73w1kv6PTeMm8xOluX7GBKajBsMD1r1gAAAAAAA=
I must thank Mr. SpankYaBallz and his character has been a very good template to work from.

You're a noob and already have a Xoph's Blood! Damn I must be worse than a noob since I've been playing this game for a long time and can't afford a Xoph's Blood yet lol.

But seriously, it's about fine tuning the gear now and just gaining more levels. I think well rolled Opal rings may be our best in slot option. I have no experience with emberwake or taming so I could be wrong. Getting the most strength we can on gear without sacrificing other stats is key. I also find attack speed to be huge for this build. A Belly of the Beast may also be our best option for a 6L however it is costly.

I am also worried about end game with this build. Everything up to Uber lab and T9 has been pretty easy so far but I know guardians have huge life pools.
"
You're a noob and already have a Xoph's Blood! Damn I must be worse than a noob since I've been playing this game for a long time and can't afford a Xoph's Blood yet lol.

But seriously, it's about fine tuning the gear now and just gaining more levels. I think well rolled Opal rings may be our best in slot option. I have no experience with emberwake or taming so I could be wrong. Getting the most strength we can on gear without sacrificing other stats is key. I also find attack speed to be huge for this build. A Belly of the Beast may also be our best option for a 6L however it is costly.

I am also worried about end game with this build. Everything up to Uber lab and T9 has been pretty easy so far but I know guardians have huge life pools.

So the +elemental dmg is better than the +fire dmg to attacks? I was thinking that since the +fire dmg was scaled it would be a better option, but I can see how I've made an error. Also about the 6L I was speaking more t'wards the best gem setup for the links. I am working for a 6L belly of the beast but that won't come for a few days as the cost is atrocious (min 7 exalted for 40%). Also is there a practical way to combat the chaos dmg that just shreds through me, or is it just something I'll have to live with?
Thanks for the input.
I switched from a similar build to focusing on burn instead and my dps quadrupled, now doing millions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info