2.6 All Strengh Chieftain Molten Strike Brutus'Lead Sprinkler Theory

"
felhuy wrote:
"
Pandaroux wrote:

Made a video of a Mesa run.
https://youtu.be/vzrpMycxb0o

Is there a reason you guys run molten strike with brutus? This skill is good for single target but very bad for map clearing as this video painfully demonstrates (nothing against the guy that made it, it's the skill that sucks).

There are so many better skills to use . Unless you really like it thematically, then it's fine I guess.

Im clearing rare tough rolled t10/11 maps with no issue right now. Tho I havent tried any other skills yet. With 2 Wildfire jewels I find the clear pretty solid. Its no Agnammu Meatball build but the DPS isnt to shabby either . Im not sure the guardians will be too easy but itll take them down eventually.
"
felhuy wrote:
"
Pandaroux wrote:

Is there a reason you guys run molten strike with brutus? This skill is good for single target but very bad for map clearing as this video painfully demonstrates (nothing against the guy that made it, it's the skill that sucks).

There are so many better skills to use . Unless you really like it thematically, then it's fine I guess.

Yep, the reason is : I want to.
I'm glad to try the new jewel, and i'm having fun.
Idgaf about the meta. I played meta, i'm trying something new this league.

Was actually playing plain old simple molten strike berseker before finding a sprinkler. Just respeced chieftain and it's much better (i mean, why say no to +10%STR). Currently facerolling T7, with a lot of room for improvement. Still have STR on only 2 pieces, and i'm on a 4L...
Last edited by Pandaroux on Mar 13, 2017, 4:33:04 AM
"
Pandaroux wrote:
"
felhuy wrote:
"
Pandaroux wrote:

Yep, the reason is : I want to.
I'm glad to try the new jewel, and i'm having fun.
Idgaf about the meta. I played meta, i'm trying something new this league.

Was actually playing plain old simple molten strike berseker before finding a sprinkler. Just respeced chieftain and it's much better (i mean, why say no to +10%STR). Currently facerolling T7, with a lot of room for improvement. Still have STR on only 2 pieces, and i'm on a 4L...

Craft a pair of Essence of Hysteria gloves and use that as a 5.5L for Molten Strike. That's what I'm doing and I haven't looked back. I got lucky and rolled pretty good gloves on my second try.
TabSluppins - Pizza guy
I have to echo pandaroux here and say it feels good to play a non-meta build. This build is shaping up to be quite strong as well. The regen from Chieftain and leech from duelist are super strong for defense. I've even paired them with warlords mark since that generates endurance charges very quickly. I think a lot of people are writing this build off for some reason. The single target on molten strike is pretty damn nice too.

Most important thing is that I'm having a blast playing it. Does it have vaal spark clear speed, no, but I'm OK with that because the clear speed is still amazing when setup correctly.
"
ColeonePS wrote:
I made this exact comment in a similar Brutus lead Sprinkler thread. Just hit 86. Got solid gear at this point and just soloed Uber Izaro. Damage is very good if setup right. Im on a 6 link. Check out my Dude. SpankYaBallz. Build is a bit squishy til you grt those last two Ascendancy points. Thinking of hitting a few more armour nodes. Sitting at 6850 HP and about 1060 Str with 30k unbuffed DPS right now which isnt bad. Doing tier 10 maps as of right now fairly easily with tough mods. Will post again once I hit endgame.

Just kick out the increased melee damage and replace it with an added fire damage. IMD will do nothing for your balls - the other way round added fire damage will be increased by your fire penetration. This will be the damage boost for T15 maps without changing anything.
I swapped it out with Ele Focus. Raised PDPS almost 10k. I get plenty of ignites with CWDT Firestorm/Vortex and Molten SHell
"
squ1shed wrote:

Craft a pair of Essence of Hysteria gloves and use that as a 5.5L for Molten Strike. That's what I'm doing and I haven't looked back. I got lucky and rolled pretty good gloves on my second try.

1st essence :

Fuck me that's not Strengh, but hey, T1T1T2.
+8k dps.

Progress video on a strand : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wS5fVrYg3s
Last edited by Pandaroux on Mar 13, 2017, 7:42:03 PM
Would it be worth to use a Lioneye's Vision chest on this build?

Good armour, good life and 17% more damage for the ball with the implicit pierce? It would be a way to bring this thing to work since for bow users the all strenght armor is a pain to color - we have no problems with this here.
Hi!
I wanna share some ideas with you and please correct me if I´m wrong at some point.

Here´s my lvl 92 skill tree. I´m level 85 now with 6.5k hp and 1.2k strength.
Spoiler

http://poeplanner.com/AAYAAPUxOwB4xthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCDvDlBH5FFnm9SPGS4n7cT22WFXDa2Nz37zm2hl0iHyQYIHns2nMJ_LAecUTfxLvJ8YkTbohmAirzhTducaVWEhhO_awUMxTP9OKiPTbyeaao9gdPEppY1-t7Z1y-pivqdlTb02R36E2Rv6Jd-kGcauPC2DzINftz7-Cti98kU64aZXMZ6vpz0PfLt35TrYJy-QVRo47DiFe2ZUgpuaO5_fPAXAZgSzogApT-QiGmydrqcI2CRWSBVQA3WRK18EBg7UfAn2f-Mx-3TtBS0uU9Nv73wm8xOluX7GBKajBsMD1r1gAAAAAAA=

My current Gear:
Spoiler

some thoughts:

1. I see many people take the Iron Grip and/or Point Blank Keystones. Some dude here said this is "a no brainer" and he is right. Since you are using two Brutus Lead Sprinkler you have hardly any flat physical damage which is why you shouldn´t take Iron Grip. For Point Blank i found the following explanation by Mark_GGG wrote:
"The projectiles travel a random distance between 5 units and 20 units, with the latter distance being affected by AoE increases (the minimum distances is always 5). Point Blank gives a 50% damage bonus only until range 10, which would thus cover only a third of the projectiles with no AoE increase."

2. Many people are torn between taking Resolute Technique and Elemental Overload. I´d take EO over RT for the following reason. RT/chance to hit only affects your initial hit, your Molten strike projectiles will always trigger and hit. Since your main damage comes from the projectiles the effect of RT seems rather useless. To be honest EO does not trigger as often as i want it to, but for killing bosses it usually triggers and gives a massive dps boost. Plus there´s some nice notes on the way. I guess it depens on wether you wanna use another skill for clearing maps, which i don´t because i feel MS with 2 Wildfire jewels is sufficient and a lot of fun.

3. I really like Chieftain here for the straight forward strength and fire penetration + leech and free charge generation. I guess Berserker works good as well and has probably higher damage.

4. What do you think about Abberath's Hooves Goathide Boots?
I tried them earlier in the game and couldn´t recognize a major difference to Alberon's Warpath Soldier Boots or some solid rare Boots with flat strength.

5. What about late game chest Armour? Belly maybe?

6. Has anyone made experience with Taming/Emberwake Combo?

Super fun Build so far, enjoy!
Cheers

Just to clarify, Point blank is still a pretty hefty multiplier, especially with conc effect. As I understand it, the penalty doesn't kick in until a distance of 35 (although perhaps this was scaled down with AOE changes), so you're multiplier on all projectiles is between 1.1-1.5x.

Depending on how much phys you have at the end of your build, iron grip can also be worth it, because it's potentially ~4% more damage for 1 point. If you're tree doesn't go by it, it's not worth it though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info