[3.24]g00fy_goober's EleBuzzsaw Deadeye (Easily Clear All Content) *REVAMPED AGAIN*

"
shaunika90 wrote:

i have all flasks on, 7 frenzies on, against standard boss, everything that should be on is on
i dont have shock turned on cos im not sure how it works in PoB with the new shock mechanic so i didnt screw around with it, but having shock only makes the pure lightning build bettzer, especially since crit damage directly affects it.

and yeah the claw is 450 overall dps with 350 ele dps, i was wrong in my first post

if im going a hybrid sort of ele dmg build with added cold+icebite, why not just go full noncrit with elemental overload?

edit: apparently if i double cap both cold and lightning for wise oak, then icebite will be significantly better (by about 7% overall dmg)
, that might make it better overall even if on bosses it still might be slightly less dmg due to shock(not sure about that tho)

Ya its very hard for me to say without the stesting + POB. All I was trying to get at, is PoB is very easy to miss something tiny and have it effect your whole build (Just like you mentioned with wise oak, like if you didn't put in gear to get the res you were going for the highest, it wouldn't add any damage). As I am a total noob for PoB still its possible I am mixing things up as well. I don't know about lightning pen (its just a guess) but even just popping out inc crit on 2.6 its only half as good as the other support gems. So will almost gurantee icebite or added cold will be better.

We don't get rid of crit because you can still comfortably hit around 40%. Couple that with a diamond flask and you can hit like 70%. That's still pretty decent crit, for little investment. With nerfs to items, ascendancys, passive tree multi nerfs etc etc, its just not worth going all out for as much crit + multi as you can now. Especially since some of the other flat gems and such were buffed/changed.

"
Tran555 wrote:

You mean facebreaker ancestral warchief build ?

Will be going for your build definatelly. Just a quick question. Is passive tree on first page the one for 3.0 already ? It shows 3.0 beta but i guess it is the same as 3.0 ?

Second question : Did you figure out which pantheons to take/upgrade ?

Please release PoB ur working on before league start :D And good luck
Thanks for all

Absolutely not. Personally I hate warchief. Its very easy to gear and play and do lots of damage, but that 2 seconds it takes them to spring out and attack bothers me to no end. The build I was talking about was frostblades and ironically I actually put in a 4 link warchief setup to help with the single target on it lol. Im such a hypocrite right? I don't mind it for helping with single target here and there, just not dual/tri totem and doing nothing else but wait for them to pop up.

The tree should be all set, bandits aren't implemented yet but the passive tree itself should be good to go.

Pantheon you will want to go yugul for minor god (20% reduced reflected damage) as for major god I go with abberath for the can't be stunned more than once every 4 seconds and 100% stun recovery.

"
He, this build is a big throw back to me because I used to use ele buzzsaw and love claws! How does going Raider/Slayer from the Ascendant scion? Do you think this could work?

Scion was definitely buffed in 3.0 making it a somewhat viable class now under certain circumstances. However raider is still the strongest option I believe. However I never tested this out fully.

"
druuu wrote:
Do you have a 3.0 PoB for ST than? Also can you share an example of a good claw? Only ever played builds using unique weapons/spell daggers/brightbeak. Never really understood a good ele claw/foil. Would Touch of Anguish be a solid claw or would a rare with specific affixes outperform it?

No I do not have 3.0 PoB link. Trees are updated in OP for 3.0. As for claw its listed in the guide. Please read the guide before posting and asking questions as its just a waste of time. Regardless of whether you go claw or dagger or foil, the stat prioritization and my listed gear is still there. Just put those same exact stats on a claw base.

Touch of anguish is a pure physical claw while we are running a pure ele build, so obviously the answer to that is no.

"
knarayan13 wrote:
Hello!! i was looking throughout this build was wondering would u think dreamfeathers would be somewhat decent with this build??

No I do not in any way shape or form. Again this is a pure ele build, that focus's on claws now (foils/daggers would still be ok) but the entire tree/ascendancies/gear is all for ele dmg. It also uses 1h + a shield. How would dual wielding physical swords be good for this build at all? Literally the only thing that would remain the same would be using ST, not even the supports would be the same...

"
Frysk wrote:
Well i try to do it with my

It works well hideout dps 50k, i managed my resistance to use the wise oak to got 20% more ALL elem dmg

I do 1 shapper set, killed him in 5 min, you can check my three / gear on the character: RangerFrysk

If anyone is interested to try this build with 2 hand ele sword.

And if anyone got any suggestion to improve it, you are welcome.

Cya

50k is lower than my current 1h + shield. Seeing as 2 handers are made to be higher dps this is a pretty bad sign already. So you lose dps + ton of defenses from losing shield.

As for wise oak I think you are confused on how it works. Even if you matched up all 3 of your uncapped resistances so they literally had the same exact number, it does not give more elemental damage, it gives 20% penetration. This is also nerfed to 10-15% starting in 3.0.

I am glad you are trying build and trying to make it work with your 2 hand ele sword and you are more than welcome to continue to do so. Just want to make sure you know in reality what a bad option it actually is for the build. Sorry to say, but gl.

"
is it not worth using the steel spirit threshold jewel?

Or better just to use your suggested jewels ?

Thanks again for this great guide

Steel spirit does very little tbh. Most spectral throw hits are going to kill trash in one hit even when they don't you attack so fast that everything is dead by time they boomerang back to you. Going a good rare jewel will be much better for defense + dps.

"
Sh1tbag wrote:

With yours I'm getting
ST - Slow proj - Added Cold - EDwA(WED) - Ele focus - Ice bite
Unless I take a 300 or 400 ele dps claw in which case crit dmg starts to become better than Ice bite

So...... in the end I have no fking clue on what to use lol :D Think I'll be going with the 2nd option

Also not sure how I feel about Proj weakness over ass mark, Keeping up P charges with orb of storms always felt pretty meh to me but I guess I could swap to proj weakness for bosses and go ass mark for general mapclearing.

Personally I definitely would not go with ele focus in this build. Your a tri element character so shock + ignite + chill/freeze is going to be insane. I love ele focus as a gem and it works in a lot of builds, but for this one I would not run it. All those ele status ailments are to good to give up, especially with the new chill/freeze/shock mechanics.

As for proj weakness I would not use it at all. I would definitely use ele weakness over projectile weakness. Crit + powercharges + crit multi were nerfed a lot. I mean power charges will never be BAD but don't think they will be worth it even for general clearing. Curse on hit ele weakness will be a lot better.

As for single target and bosses (which is REALLY when we need the damage) you can 4 link orb of storms and do both. Use pcoc AND curse on hit with ele weakness. That was it gives even more.

Tbh even without changes, probably should have done in this in 2.6 as Curse on hit + ele weakness woulda been so much better than culling + inc aoe.

"
dperls wrote:
I feel like going ele focus and losing out on ailments is waaaay to much of a loss for the DPS increase no?

Yes. I would not go ele focus on this build at all. Especially with the new shock/chill/freeze mechanics.
why didnt you get the notes after acrobatics ?
Alright, thnx alot for your input g00fy :)

Just as a final confirmation (I'm super insecure about this stuff I guess)

ST - Slow proj - WED - Added light - Ice bite - Added cold will probably be the best choice? :)
Last edited by Sh1tbag on Aug 4, 2017, 8:46:15 AM
"
Stats: High lightning dmg > High Fire/Cold dmg > Attack Speed > Crit > Crit Multi.

is still true for when using Claws now?

Im out of the Loop so please dont be hard on me.
when using The Wise Oak: One should try to get even fire/cold/light res so we get the defensive aswell as the offensive buff. But if thats not possible, should I focus on getting light res to its maximum to receive additional pen for it?
I love this build. I love this playstyle of zipping around the map and melting mobs.
Few question though... (I don't have the budget to buy a 6L Belly of the Beast + shield, claw, and everything else, but I could buy a 5L one and the rest.) So for a 5L Belly what socket colors I should go for? 3 green, 1 blue, 1 red?
also what would be the order of importance in gems in a 5L? ST>GMP/slow proj>?>?>?

sorry if they are noob questions... I'm new to the game. I started playing a month ago
Last edited by alexjty on Aug 4, 2017, 9:03:46 AM
"
PathOfDisco wrote:
why didnt you get the notes after acrobatics ?

After using phase acrobatics in 2.6 I realized how trivialized these are for most of the stuff. Majority of content bosses do phys dmg and even their spells (like shapers wave) are degen effects not spells. Going 4 passive points for these just is not worth it to me for 99% of the content.

The only time I would use them is if you are farming uber atziri. I would take 4 points off and get these, because her and her phases are full of spells that you can dodge.

"
Sh1tbag wrote:
Alright, thnx alot for your input g00fy :)

Just as a final confirmation (I'm super insecure about this stuff I guess)

ST - Slow proj - WED - Added light - Ice bite - Added cold will probably be the best choice? :)

No need to worry about being insecure, none of the options will be "awful" they will all be fine for days of mapping and gearing and such. Once you get to END game stuff, then you can flip flop some gems and test yourself in a tabula to see pretty easy what feels/works better.

However yes my best GUESS is that the gems to use now would be:

ST - GMP/Slower Projectiles - Added Light - Added Cold - WED(EDWA) - Icebite

Also sorry to say guys, that it looks like we lose our charge quest. Datmined info is up with the release of the ggpk torrent pack and it shows all the passives and such we get. Charge reward is not in there.

#GIMMEMYCHARGEBACK!

"
xThePlayer wrote:
"
Stats: High lightning dmg > High Fire/Cold dmg > Attack Speed > Crit > Crit Multi.

is still true for when using Claws now?

Im out of the Loop so please dont be hard on me.
when using The Wise Oak: One should try to get even fire/cold/light res so we get the defensive aswell as the offensive buff. But if thats not possible, should I focus on getting light res to its maximum to receive additional pen for it?

Yes nothing has changed on weapon besides the fact we use claws now instead of daggers. Try to get as high EDPS as you can. Then get good attackspeed/crit. A good starter claw would be high dual ele dmg + attack speed + crit.

As for wise oak, it would be great to get the same on all your resistances. Realistically this would be pretty hard/impossible to do. Would be fucking awesome though tbh, 10% reduced dmg taken from cold + fire + light and 15% penetration for cold + light + fire would be so good lol.

Realistically though, you basically just want to get whatever dmg type you do the most dmg in as the highest resist you have.

In 2.6 this was 100% lightning, like 80% of the dmg you dealt was lightning which is also why we used lightning pen.

Now with added cold (and the gem being buffed by 35.1%), and icebite giving us a ton of cold damage, I have no idea what your highest dmg will be anymore. With wrath I would guess it would still be lightning but cold might be a very close second. So might be an option to try to match your light res + cold res for highest, so it penetrates both of these, and then it would reduce 10% fire dmg taken.
"
alexjty wrote:
I love this build. I love this playstyle of zipping around the map and melting mobs.
Few question though... (I don't have the budget to buy a 6L Belly of the Beast + shield, claw, and everything else, but I could buy a 5L one and the rest.) So for a 5L Belly what socket colors I should go for? 3 green, 1 blue, 1 red?
also what would be the order of importance in gems in a 5L? ST>GMP/slow proj>?>?>?

sorry if they are noob questions... I'm new to the game. I started playing a month ago

Always glad to hear how much people enjoy playing the build :)

Problem with your questions is I don't have the FACTS just guesses.

I believe the new set up would be (ST > GMP/Slower Proj > Added Light > WED > Added Cold > Icebite). I am not sure which the "weakest" would be. Probably added cold or icebite.

So coloring belly should not be an issue now, 3g 1b 1r regardless on whether you drop added cold or icebite. Super easy to color now.
Hey! I just wanted to thank you for this guide and the following discussion! I always wanted to play Spectral throw and I'll use all of your advice at the start of 3.0. I wish you a good start into the new league. :)
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
"
alexjty wrote:

Always glad to hear how much people enjoy playing the build :)

Problem with your questions is I don't have the FACTS just guesses.

I believe the new set up would be (ST > GMP/Slower Proj > Added Light > WED > Added Cold > Icebite). I am not sure which the "weakest" would be. Probably added cold or icebite.

So coloring belly should not be an issue now, 3g 1b 1r regardless on whether you drop added cold or icebite. Super easy to color now.

Alright... thank you so much!
Hi,
can u repost your Skilltree's please, they dont load for me/ site is down.
I would really like to play your build, it seems pretty well rounded :)

Grettings

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info