[3.24]g00fy_goober's EleBuzzsaw Deadeye (Easily Clear All Content) *REVAMPED AGAIN*

"
Trapperkeeper wrote:
Requesting you use the URL feature and redo the links to your skill trees.

Yes, would like to see the links work.

Interested to see whether this build is new league viable with nothing but a starter knife and a wooden shield.
"
Ulren001 wrote:
Hello,

Very interesting build, thanks for your work.

Just a question, i saw this in the 2.6 manifesto :

"Daggers now have a lower implicit value. This will also apply to already-existing dagger implicits. Previously daggers granted 40%, 60% or 80% increased critical chance. These values have been changed to 30%, 40% and 50%. This is to reduce the impact specific base types had on weapon choices, and lower the power of the standout critical caster weapon base type."

Is there a inpact for your build ? The 10% crit decrease is significant ?

Thanks you,

Ulren

Yes I read this as well. The GOOD base daggers you will get are all going to be the 40% implicit ones. Skean, Imperial skean, Royal skeen, slaughter knife mostly. So yes its a bit sad to see the values on daggers drop but 10% reduced crit is not going to change the build in any significant degree. Overall your talking about a fraction of a percent for crit, so instead of something like 78.6% crit, might go down to 78.2% or something like that.

"
E_Eaton wrote:
Thoughts on going CI with Aegis Aurora? added elemental damage with energy shield replenish. with enough accuracy could u ignore the current shield u have?

As things are right now I am a huge ES fan. However GGG has already stated that changes are coming whether in 2.6 (will have to see patch notes) or more in 3.0. ES/Life I think will change a good bit and I know they already plan on changing the way leech works with ES builds. I LOVE CI its just so good, but it changes a lot of things. One of the most prominent being that the gear is expensive. For GOOD ES gear with res and such as well they can get really really pricey. If you want to put the currency into your build than by all means ES/CI would be a good thing to go.

As for your 2nd question I would also say most likely yes. If you could get a good 350+ accuracy roll to both rings and amulet you would have a pretty good 92%-94% chance to hit and would be able to drop the shield. However with stats that you want/need on ur jewelry already the price you would pay would be ridiculously high. You already want as high of life as possible, high WED, high flat lightning (crafted if you must) along with resistances you still need. To get a solid T1 accuracy roll in there as well, your talking about like 5 t1 mod jewelry. Not only do you have to be able to afford these and hope its on a good base(diamond rings) they must be found and exist in the league. I get the shield is a little underwhelming when you look at it and only have like 150 armor and 40 life, but the shield really isn't that important in the long run. To me a much better and more available option would be get the shield that lets you forgo the accuracy rolls on jewelry and let you concentrate more on life/dmg on ur rings + ammy instead of worrying about accuracy rolls. Aegis aurora is not a good fit for the build either. Its main thing is the ES granted when you block. For the most part you are ranged and shouldn't be getting hit very often at all.

Hope that clarified a few things for ya :)

"
Trapperkeeper wrote:

Fixed, spacing was just messed up on them and ruined the links.

"
Toots wrote:
"
Trapperkeeper wrote:

Yes, would like to see the links work.

Interested to see whether this build is new league viable with nothing but a starter knife and a wooden shield.

Yes it works as a start build just fine. At level 9 pick up lmp and link it with added lightning and spec throw and works great. For weapons, just try to grab w/e dagger or sword has the most ele dmg, don't worry about attack speed or crit at that point. I have leveled up with it many times and works just fine.
Seems like a very good league starting build.

I'm just wondering if this holds good against HoWa build.
A good regalia can be quite costly but so is a lvl4 Enlighten and a weapon as good as yours.

And as good as lotta evasion/dodge/block can give, it's still a dice roll in the end which can be really random in case of oneshot situations.

Could you elaborate on your experience on the endgame with this character? Character sheet?
You say it clear easily everything, but do you mean by dodging every skills?
Last edited by mozom on Feb 28, 2017, 6:53:51 PM
"
mozom wrote:
Seems like a very good league starting build.

I'm just wondering if this holds good against HoWa build.
A good regalia can be quite costly but so is a lvl4 Enlighten and a weapon as good as yours.

And as good as lotta evasion/dodge/block can give, it's still a dice roll in the end which can be really random in case of oneshot situations.

Could you elaborate on your experience on the endgame with this character? Character sheet?
You say it clear easily everything, but do you mean by dodging every skills?

This build is very viable for league start. Thank you GGG ST buff few leagues ago!

Howa build as of right now w/o seeing patch notes + changes would probably be slightly better, but MUCH more expensive. You would also have to spec everything into getting intel. Its still not a bad option just one I prefer not to go. Knowing that es leech is getting nerfed along with es itself more than likely and possible changes to howa as well. You would also have to figure out what to do with auras. You could probably go wrath + discipline and forgo the heralds and also the enlighten. Choice is up to you.

Endgame with this character is pretty easy, ES or life the leech is insane, vinktar is insane. Oneshot situations never come up really. When I say that most of my defense is not getting hit I do not mean that you have to physically dodge everything and if you get hit boom your done. All I am saying is that with this playstyle of ST your moving so fast and killing so quick that you rarely get hit. When you do it is not a problem though.

As of now im using a level 87 raider that is thrown together with gear I had lying around. It is in no way optimized or tweaked and my defense stats are as follows:

5,041 life
4% armor reduction
75% to all res's
32% evade
46% dodge
40% spell dodge
22% block
fortify
+ massive amounts of leech from atziri's + vinktar + tree nodes
"
ChunLiPOV wrote:
Might be playing this as starter and switch to ES/Int and 2xHOWA later

Patch notes are looking very good for a Wild Strike and dual HOWAs variant of this build.

"

Wild Strike now converts 100% of the attack's physical damage to a random element, up from 60%.

The large claw wheel has been generally improved and now offers more Critical Strike support.
Soul Raker Life and Mana Leech is now all attack damage, not just physical.
The Claws of the Falcon cluster now gives a higher value of Claw Critical Strike Chance and Accuracy percentage.

I made a prospective skill tree, though since this is still 2.5 and several changes are being made in this area, it will obviously need updating after the patch.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIAAQAGAF4BCQOHBfkILgvBDHMM8g2NDkgPqxEvEYERlhHVFfAV9hX9Fr8ZjhutIuoj0ySLJP0mlSoLKjgrCi5TMHEyATY9OkI-z0MxRfRKfUscS3hM_04qUUdU_lVLVYVW6Fb6V5daGluvXfJeRWBBYeJieWKsY3Bjp2SvZU1qlWyMbydvV3BSeBl7FId2idOKOIw2jYGNv49gj8GQCpKAkvOTkJS4lWaaF5pqmyabjZ-Cpcuxs7IZtMW42b02vea-p78AwaDDM8M6z3rTb9N-1CPWB9rB3Q3dRt1I3ajgleOf51To1usU62Ptg-4O73r5Y_zF_94=

I'm still a bit of a newbie, so feedback is welcome!
EDIT: Ok downloaded the json data and the tree is AWESOME with the new nodes/layout, but need to change a good amount of things. Soon as GGG uploads it to the site I will redo the links.

For now, we drop Arcing Blows, and get Nighstalker. More crit chance which is nice, but lose some lightning dmg and a little pen, to far to travel to grab it now.

Dropped forces of nature as it takes 2 more points to get to which is not worth it. Instead we get the NEW ele dmg wheel at bottom right Primal force. 52% increased elemental damage, a whopping 10% INCREASED chance to freeze/ignite/shock (which is huge), 5% penetration for all elements, 20% increased ele damage while using a flask, and 10% REDUCED reflected ele dmg taken. This New wheel is absolutely glorious!

Also dropped the life/mana leech nodes in the giant leech circle at bottom and picked up mind drinker in shadow area instead for the mana leech. Same amount of leech, but now you get bonus mana along with it, and mind drinker is now ATTACK damage leeched as mana and not physical dmg.
Last edited by g00fy_goober on Mar 1, 2017, 6:14:00 PM
Using this as a league starter, what would your gearing priority be for the first weekend?
Looking to use this build as a first character in 2.6.

Any tips for what skills to use while leveling?
Also, do you think this is a good choice for a league starter if I won't be able to afford stuff like Vinktar's for awhile?
Last edited by AcroKnight on Mar 1, 2017, 6:30:02 PM
"
gibtuck wrote:
Using this as a league starter, what would your gearing priority be for the first weekend?
I would take everything in steps.

1.) While leveling just get some life, mostly dmg/charges on tree and use ANY weapon that has the most ele dmg.

2.) Shield should be pretty cheap/easy to get and is low level so you can get one and now have your attacks never miss.

3.) Upgrade w/e rares you can as you level all the way up to maps and should be fine.

4.) Now start worry about your stuff, get a rat's nest when you can, they pretty cheap pretty soon. Belly is not to bad to pick up, but a 4link > 5 link rare would be fine for awhile. Upgrade weapon when you can. Belt/jewelry/boots/gloves are all just rares so upgrade as you can.

"
AcroKnight wrote:
Looking to use this build as a first character in 2.6.

Any tips for what skills to use while leveling?

Spectral throw all the way through. You get it almost right away in town and its very good to level with. Link it with LMP at level 9 and added lightning. Also I use fire trap for the first act then ditch it :)
Would you mind posting your in-progress 2.6 tree via a poeplanner.com link in the interim before the official tree is updated? I'd really like to take a look.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info