[3.24]g00fy_goober's EleBuzzsaw Deadeye (Easily Clear All Content) *REVAMPED AGAIN*

"
g00fy_goober wrote:
I mean the guy your quoting has 0 quality on his gems, wrong vinktars, 2 life flasks, no tombfists, no helm enchant, no crit/attackspeed on claw, very low life on abyss jewels, and pretty bad rings/amulet.

uhm i'm not sure what you're talking about, i've got tombfists, all relevant gems at max qual including 21/20 added lightning and 21 wrath, i just double checked OP and text says one thing but on mouse over you're showing lightning pen vinktar and that's what i went with. and my 2 life flasks are also exactly what you originally posted in your guide. my claw has both crit and attack speed, tri-ele and clocks in at 333 ele dps. my gems all run 40+ life, last i checked cap is 50. only valid critique i see here is the rings which yeah i'm well aware they are cheap place holders til i upgrade, and the helmet enchant which i haven't bothered with yet because so far i think better currency farming methods are a better use of my time than praying for the right enchant and let RNJesus take the wheel.

I would appreciate you're advice on my gear but I'm not sure you are seeing the right items... and what should I replace the 2nd life flask with?
"
dday_0612 wrote:
Hey all, I just looted the below item and I am trying to determine if it is worth crafting. It would be 2ex to scrub the dex, then maybe multi-mod?

What are your thoughts, you ele claw folks:

Triple T1 ele FYI

Ele Dmg is prty nice but not sure if its worth scrubbing, then multimoding just to add "ok crit" and "meh attack speed". Honestly might be better to sell as is, or have crazy RNG luck, annul and hope, or scrub and hope, and then use leo slams to try and get something godly. If it hit high attack speed like 25+ and u crafted just crit chance on it, would be prty epic.

"
Chrysus wrote:

I do have attack speed on claw and it's around 398.0 eDPS. The step-up for claws are around 2+ ex for an upgrade. It's fair point on the quality and I am fixing that.

The league has been rough for my start with minimal drops and I am a new player besides the couple of hours I spent in beta.

I'm attempting to get the helm enchant. But, it's like a t1 lab enchant - I have to run that a few times and get good at it. Prayer that I will get the enchant.

Again, abyss jewels you'll hit around 10ex in jewels to get a good life roll. I've done the best I can with maximum life. Flask, just realised that I must of sold the wrong one. As I had two that I sold, so thanks for pointing that out, fixed it now! Flasks on the PoB don't remove shock. Your diamond flask has knockback - how should we remove the shock from vinktars?

Your guide uses 2 life flasks, so I've only been led by that. It's not until I'm learning the game that I realize that this is wrong and come to the thread to ask. I did ask prior what should I follow PoB or the forum - I'm guessing PoB? 2 x abyss slot tombfists are 7.5ex starting price. So rare gloves made more sense to me to get good DPS rolls on my vise and sort my resists.

So my point still stands, the build needs experience and a lot of currency to push into end-game content.

Don't get me wrong though, I've enjoyed the build and thank you for creating it. I've just hit that learning curve where it's steep uphill now.

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to crap all over your gear or how much you are able to invest into it. Just trying to state that your gear and investment is very far away from the "optimal level" so having a newer player ask why your struggling to do end game content and taking that as something against the build in general is a very large misunderstanding I felt like I had to clear up.

As for your claw, you have decent ele dps, but I would not count having a tier 7 attack speed roll as having attack speed :).

As for enchant, trust me I completely understand (as do most of POE players) how ridiculous it is to get an enchant that you need. At least for THIS build its a unique so can be boughten for some exalts. Build I am doing right now is a rare shaper helm how do you think I feel?

For vinktars you roll shock removal on diamond flask. Its only option, knockback is not a thing, just a random trans on the flask.

Poe has a very high learning curve in general and I completely understand that for a new player tackling this can be quite difficult and takes a lot of dedication and work. Again wasn't trying to crap on your gear or investment that you have managed to do, so sorry if it came out wrong.

"
likwidneo wrote:
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
I mean the guy your quoting has 0 quality on his gems, wrong vinktars, 2 life flasks, no tombfists, no helm enchant, no crit/attackspeed on claw, very low life on abyss jewels, and pretty bad rings/amulet.

uhm i'm not sure what you're talking about, i've got tombfists, all relevant gems at max qual including 21/20 added lightning and 21 wrath, i just double checked OP and text says one thing but on mouse over you're showing lightning pen vinktar and that's what i went with. and my 2 life flasks are also exactly what you originally posted in your guide. my claw has both crit and attack speed, tri-ele and clocks in at 333 ele dps. my gems all run 40+ life, last i checked cap is 50. only valid critique i see here is the rings which yeah i'm well aware they are cheap place holders til i upgrade, and the helmet enchant which i haven't bothered with yet because so far i think better currency farming methods are a better use of my time than praying for the right enchant and let RNJesus take the wheel.

I would appreciate you're advice on my gear but I'm not sure you are seeing the right items... and what should I replace the 2nd life flask with?

Krazy_X was quoting on Chrysus, your quote was just never edited out, but was not talking about your gear haha.

As for your 2nd life flask, that used to be the old school way of running, with 2 life flasks. I would switch it to either a wiseoak flask (if you like to balance resists and want more dps) or go with a jade flask for some added evasion, or even a sulphur flask would not be bad.
For those who can't get a Rat's Nest with the enchantment, Starkonja's is a good substitute since it's more popular and usually much cheaper to buy.

Syndicate members can get pretty strong anyway so it's nice to have the extra life.
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
Krazy_X was quoting on Chrysus, your quote was just never edited out, but was not talking about your gear haha.

As for your 2nd life flask, that used to be the old school way of running, with 2 life flasks. I would switch it to either a wiseoak flask (if you like to balance resists and want more dps) or go with a jade flask for some added evasion, or even a sulphur flask would not be bad.

so i guess a couple other questions would be, have you made any changes to gems? I'm still running Ancestral Protector for example, because i've gone back and checked OP and noticed some things are different on mouse over vs the text you posted. and if 2 abyss socket tombfists are no longer economically the best option, what should we do with the 3rd socket if we're still running lightning golem and CWDT? also, what kind of ele dps should i be targeting for my final weapon, like ~400ish?
Last edited by likwidneo on Jan 15, 2019, 2:01:42 AM
Goofy, big question, just got my 6 link the guide mentions that my final socket should be crit dmg, out of curiousity are there any better gems to equip for the final socket?

ELemental Focus, or Cold damage?
"
FireArachna wrote:
For those who can't get a Rat's Nest with the enchantment, Starkonja's is a good substitute since it's more popular and usually much cheaper to buy.

Syndicate members can get pretty strong anyway so it's nice to have the extra life.

Extra life is great, lower crit/attackspeed and 50% reduced damage while on full life is not :P

"
likwidneo wrote:

so i guess a couple other questions would be, have you made any changes to gems? I'm still running Ancestral Protector for example, because i've gone back and checked OP and noticed some things are different on mouse over vs the text you posted. and if 2 abyss socket tombfists are no longer economically the best option, what should we do with the 3rd socket if we're still running lightning golem and CWDT? also, what kind of ele dps should i be targeting for my final weapon, like ~400ish?

The only gem that really changed would be ice bite to lighting pen. This was if you had a lot of good rolled abyss jewels. The more flat ele dmg you have/do the more penetration is going to matter, especially for single target/bossing/guardians/shaper/elder stuff. I guess it would also depend on if you used a wise oak or not. I will have to play the number crunch game sometime in the next month and get things fully decked out with the best way.

As for gloves, 2 socket tombfists may not be economically the best option but upgrade wise they are the only option. Would start with 1 socket ones and then moved to 2 socket when you can afford it. They really are that good. Assuming a decent life + 2 ele mod jewel socketed in each one, that's 80+ life and 4x dmg mods ontop of the % max life and attack speed tombfists gives you ONTOP of 10% more multiplier to your damage (from intimidate).

As for ele dmg on weapon, simple answer is more the better. 350-380 is very doable for end game, 400+ would be fantastic. However attackspeed/crit is also very important and sometimes a lot better than higher ele dmg. You can check these yourself in POB but it is very surprising to see the damage difference between like a 250 EDPS claw with 2 APS + 7.5 crit compared to a 400 EDPS claw with 1.72 APS and 6 crit.

"
N4ti0n wrote:
Goofy, big question, just got my 6 link the guide mentions that my final socket should be crit dmg, out of curiousity are there any better gems to equip for the final socket?

ELemental Focus, or Cold damage?

Depending on your gear each person is probably a little different so feel free to check in POB. The only difference I took notice of though was ice bite swapping to lightning pen. I would not use elefocus, ailments + shock are too delicious.
"
g00fy_goober wrote:

While im not trying to talk anyone into the build (you either like it or not) and sounds like your mind is made up already. The guy that you are quoting and gear you are looking at is pretty bad.

Investing 4-5 ex into a build is not very much whatsoever especially for end game content. If you are looking to do 100% all endgame content and on a 1 ex budget, then go play arc traps or elementalist bv.

Not saying everyone has to have perfect gear or anything but its clear the build still has a very long way to go for him.

Hey, man, how are you?

I don't wanna trash-talk your build, I'm sorry if it sounded like that was my intent.

I played the build up to level 50, end even though ST is one of my favourite skills (i have the seraph MTX, which is my favourite MTX in the game), leveling was a complete pain. Damage was just not there and survivability was very low (we all now Ranger is squishy). May be my items were bad, but i was using regular leveling items (Goldrim, Tabula, Lochtonials, Wake of Destruction, and so on).

At the end, i was just not having fun with it. I opted to start a new build.

I might try again some time in the future. I'm sure the build can get very strong after min-maxing.

Thansk for the guide, and have fun!
"
Krazy_X wrote:
"
g00fy_goober wrote:

While im not trying to talk anyone into the build (you either like it or not) and sounds like your mind is made up already. The guy that you are quoting and gear you are looking at is pretty bad.

Investing 4-5 ex into a build is not very much whatsoever especially for end game content. If you are looking to do 100% all endgame content and on a 1 ex budget, then go play arc traps or elementalist bv.

Not saying everyone has to have perfect gear or anything but its clear the build still has a very long way to go for him.

Hey, man, how are you?

I don't wanna trash-talk your build, I'm sorry if it sounded like that was my intent.

I played the build up to level 50, end even though ST is one of my favourite skills (i have the seraph MTX, which is my favourite MTX in the game), leveling was a complete pain. Damage was just not there and survivability was very low (we all now Ranger is squishy). May be my items were bad, but i was using regular leveling items (Goldrim, Tabula, Lochtonials, Wake of Destruction, and so on).

I might try again some time in the future. I'm sure the build can get very strong after min-maxing.

All is fine, not everyone has to enjoy or like a specific build. Just making sure that you and others realize the mass differences between a fully completed build and one that was not followed through or invested in properly.
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
"
Krazy_X wrote:
"
g00fy_goober wrote:

Hey, man, how are you?

All is fine, not everyone has to enjoy or like a specific build. Just making sure that you and others realize the mass differences between a fully completed build and one that was not followed through or invested in properly.

Yeah, i get it. I'm assuming this is one of those builds that really shines when fully geared. I still have the character at level 50-ish, may be i'll give it another try closer to end of the season.
how to sustain mana?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info