[3.10] Bashtart's SPARK INQUISITOR * farming like a god! :)

I'm also a bit worried about survivability. With Shaper rings we can run "X life gained for each enemy hit by spells", which helps keeping us alive when using Spark. The Anomalies will only help clearing speed or vs. bosses with adds - but it's definitely an interesting choice.
I'm running dual Shaper rings myself, however.
"
MisterTails wrote:
"
WilliamCZE wrote:
What do you guys think about Mark of the Shaper and an Elder ring with Multiplier/Projectile damage/Warlord's Mark?

That would give us Adds (13-18) to (50-56) Lightning Damage to Spells along with (60-80)% increased Spell Damage if your other Ring is an Elder Item plus 20% chance to Trigger Level 20 Summon Volatile Anomaly on Kill.

Seems to be good, nay?

Edit: I just tried it and it's insane...

Are your resistances capped or at least 70~ if you're using these rings? I'm generally worried about my life/res if I'm trying to add more DPS on the rings.

In other news, what jewels are being used? What stats are desirable for us to look for? On that topic, how many Spark threshold jewels are being ran? One or two?

I just tried it out with in Path of Building (https://pastebin.com/zcwEWiZ9) and capping resistances is no problem at least with my gear.

Dps boost is great:
Spark: from 224K to 270k (+46k dps)
Blade Vortex (10Stacks): from 1097k to 1310K (+213k)

So just looking on the numbers it seems absolutly to worth it. I will add it in the guide as option.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Hi.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/bigwolf16/characters

This is my character on poe. What would you advise me to change? :)
"
bigwolf16 wrote:
Hi.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/bigwolf16/characters

This is my character on poe. What would you advise me to change? :)

Do you feel the need to change anything?
* Your flask setup is missing Vessel of Vinktar.
* Mana leech on gloves would help with certain map mods and would add overall survivability as it will help keeping your mana topped up.
* Your Watcher's Eye could be replaced with a better version.
* Getting a Hazardous Research jewel with the corrupted implicit "You cannot be inflicted with corrupted blood" would be a QoL upgrade.
* Consider using a Shaper ring with "life gained for every enemy hit by your spells" to increase your tankiness - but overall your rings are pretty good as is. There is also the new "Mark of the Shaper" combo mentioned above, but personally I think it's overkill with the DPS output this build already has.
"
Bizze79 wrote:
I'm also a bit worried about survivability. With Shaper rings we can run "X life gained for each enemy hit by spells", which helps keeping us alive when using Spark. The Anomalies will only help clearing speed or vs. bosses with adds - but it's definitely an interesting choice.
I'm running dual Shaper rings myself, however.

Yeah, I am capped. Not for Elemental Weakness, but a flask does solve this.

And it's not about the Anomalies at all.
Last edited by WilliamCZE on Jul 9, 2018, 11:48:16 AM
Hey guys so i'm new to poe and this is my first build. I'm not exactly sure if my character is at a decent spot as I tried to follow everything from this guide. So far I can clear up to t7 maps without much difficulty. However, I do die time to time from the incursions at the higher tier maps. I don't know why exactly i'm getting smacked hard but the vaal mages hurt the most and the temple of atzoatl gets kind of hard but not to the point where it's impossible to complete. I maxed out of resistances and try to get a lot of health from my gear. If I can get some guidance from veterans and experts that'd be much appreciated as I know I have a lot to improve.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MistaChun/characters
"
MistaChun wrote:
If I can get some guidance from veterans and experts that'd be much appreciated as I know I have a lot to improve.

Ok, a few things:

Chest armor:
It's possible you cannot afford Inpulsa's right now, but your chest armor is not very good. The life roll is too low. I would suggest to buy the cheapest Inpulsa you can find and start socketing it. You will not only get more life but a large DPS boost, which will help you clear out dangerous mobs faster so that you take less damage in return. Even a 4-linked Inpulsa will be better than what you have since it will boost the damage of Spark as well.

Helmet - a.k.a. Where is Wrath?
You have Herald of Thunder AND Herald of Ice in your helmet. They are also both linked to Elemental Proliferation, which means they are both getting an increased mana reservation multiplier.

Remove Herald of Ice and Elemental Proliferation and slot in Wrath instead. You will gain a lot more DPS that way and will still have mana to spare for MoM.

Your helmet does not have the +3 to spark projectiles enchantment that is recommended. I suggest getting one such helmet. It doesn't have to be a Rat's Nest if it's too expensive. Just buy any rare helmet with the enchant and if possible a life roll as well. This will allow you to ditch one of your Hazardous Research jewels for a rare one with %life instead.

Jewels:
Your rare jewels could be replaced with jewels that have %life and some good damage mods.

Tree:
You have made some weird prioritizations in your tree. Instead of taking the 10% increased life Herbalism node to the bottom right, you have opted for a regular 5% life node in the Scion life wheel. You could use a passive respec point to fix this immediately.

Hybrid Flask:
A very strong suggestion is to invest in a "Bubbling" Hybrid Flask. This will allow you to instantly heal for 50% of the flask's healing rate and will help you in dire situations where you are taking lots of damage.

General playing advice:
This is an evasion build. The game mechanics for evasion means that the longer you stand in one place - the easier for enemies to hit you. Make sure to constantly be on the move with Shield Charge so that you are "resetting" your evasion rolls.

The snakelike constructs in the Incursions deal chaos damage and can be very dangerous. My best advice is to ramp up your Blade Vortex before even entering the Incursion and then quickly dash into the middle of the dangerous pack and spam spark to quickly kill them. However, this might be too dangerous unless your DPS is up for it. Then again, if you get a Bubbling Hybrid flask you will be more safe in these situations.

Also note that the incursion will retain all the mods from the map you are running. If you are running a map with very dangerous mods, it could even be an option to let the incursion be. Alva will keep appearing with the same incursion if you open other maps until you run it - so there is no risk that you will "miss" it.
Last edited by Bizze79 on Jul 10, 2018, 4:19:54 PM
"
Bizze79 wrote:
"
MistaChun wrote:
If I can get some guidance from veterans and experts that'd be much appreciated as I know I have a lot to improve.

Ok, a few things:

Chest armor:
It's possible you cannot afford Inpulsa's right now, but your chest armor is not very good. The life roll is too low. I would suggest to buy the cheapest Inpulsa you can find and start socketing it. You will not only get more life but a large DPS boost, which will help you clear out dangerous mobs faster so that you take less damage in return. Even a 4-linked Inpulsa will be better than what you have since it will boost the damage of Spark as well.

Helmet - a.k.a. Where is Wrath?
You have Herald of Thunder AND Herald of Ice in your helmet. They are also both linked to Elemental Proliferation, which means they are both getting an increased mana reservation multiplier.

Remove Herald of Ice and Elemental Proliferation and slot in Wrath instead. You will gain a lot more DPS that way and will still have mana to spare for MoM.

Your helmet does not have the +3 to spark projectiles enchantment that is recommended. I suggest getting one such helmet. It doesn't have to be a Rat's Nest if it's too expensive. Just buy any rare helmet with the enchant and if possible a life roll as well. This will allow you to ditch one of your Hazardous Research jewels for a rare one with %life instead.

So I have an 5 socket inpulsa that's not linked which im working on right now. So what should I put in place of elemental proliferation? Currently I am trying to see if it's worth buying a starkonja with the spark enchantment for 60c but at the same time, I don't want to make a huge purchase without knowing for sure. Also I was wondering what the point of vaal spark is. I found myself never using the vaal effect and just the regular. I have a 20% quality normal spark so should I just use that instead?

Just checked my mana with herald of thunder plus wrath and it keeps my mana at 413/1476
Last edited by MistaChun on Jul 10, 2018, 11:13:43 PM
Inpulsa:
When it comes to linking a chest armor or 2H weapon, you need to be aware of two things:
1. Increasing the quality on your armor/weapon to 20% will slightly increase the chance of getting 6 sockets and 5/6 links - so do this before you start.
2. Even if you are only going for a 5-link, getting 6 sockets on the item first is recommended for two reasons; one - you have the chance to actually 6-link before you 5-link, which is of course a very nice bonus and two - you can get a 5-linked item two ways if you have 6 sockets, effectively doubling the chance of 5-linking it.

Vorici can give you 6 sockets for 350 jeweller's, but personally I always 6-socket manually.

Another thing to consider is to purchase the "Jeweller's Touch" Prophecy for around 20 chaos and activate it. Then a single Jeweller's Orb will immediately 5-link your item (but you will not get 6 sockets). It could be worth it if you are low on Jeweller's or don't want to risk spending currency and not getting the desired result.

Helmet with +3 sparks:
Starkonja with +3 spark projectiles would be an upgrade for sure. You will not only get DPS but also life. If you want to know DPS/life changes before you commit to a buy, I recommend downloading the free Path of Building software where you can import your character and test with various items. It will also allow you to see your true DPS - not the tooltip DPS which is very rarely your true DPS.

Vaal Spark:
It's not needed. The DPS of the Vaal version is not that high compared to Vaal Blade Vortex. It's just some extra burst damage but not needed imho.
Hello there.
After a break of 6+ months, at 1st i started to make a simple melee build for the new incursion league.
Just to get used to the game again.

However, i feel that i do and will be lacking some clearspeed for the incursions where im under time pressure.
Theres no time to constantly reposition etc. if you cant reach the back of a larger pack or such.
10 sec + X to get rid of a boss+mobs in a 2x2 or 3x3 screen sized area full of ledges, walls and seperate rooms as melee build just wasnt my idea of how to start playing the game again.
Not without screenfilling AoE and leapslams at least.

So my plan is to start a 2nd char, and i think ill just go with sparks.
I havnt played that lately and it was one of my earliest builds.
On top of that, sparks and plenty walls to bounce off from, seem like a more relaxed/better way than mine for really making sure every last mob gets hit.

Came across this guide checking for whats popular atm. and wanted to ask a few things regarding this specific setup.
Im trying to abuse an old standard char, bribe some random fella to borrow me the 6L chest
for a few minutes, grab the other gear from my stash and see how im doing, but id rather ask to make sure.

1)
How viable is a cheap version that i would play in the league for some days at least?
No amulet.
Chest HOPEFULLY 5L while i roll 6L or save up to buy one.
Most likely lacking some dps on rares too as ill probably cap resists 1st with my own gear before later buying proper replacements.

2)
Do you get any dps problems when you run into something tanky?
Like a sudden beyond boss. Or the uniques that guard the incursions doors just to name 2 examples.
Or is the spark dmg usually enough for these?

Asking cause especially in the current league im concerned about the "old/former" pseudo link gloves.
1st i was worried about how rare/expensive that sort of gear is, as its brand new to me.
But now the gloves seem completely canceled for 3.3, and the 2 main skills both go in the chest.
Having to swap more than 1 arguably 2 gems, seems slow and stressful without having tried for myself somehow or not?
In standard, i would just get 2 chests to swap ofc.
But since i rarely bother with trading, making that kind of cash in leagues is questionable.
So only having a 5L, and no idea how much later a 6L is ok i hope?

3)And how about parties?
In fast groups i cant even hit the stash/vendor between 2 maps without falling behind in the next one.
Swapping gems before+after bossfights seems even worse in case its necessary.
Yeah sure, in a good party i could just act tough and wait for the others to kill bosses, but id feel a bit bad honestly.

I think ill just strip 2 old chars in fact.
Play around in sc to try and see how im doing and level a new char in the league.

Any help would be appreciated.
Time my dusty spider mtx gets put to some use again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info