[3.10] Bashtart's SPARK INQUISITOR * farming like a god! :)

"
cocoseb wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/cocoseb/characters

Hello, you can see my character on my poe page, what should I change? thank you :)

Helmet:
I'm not a huge fan of Rat's Nest as helmet. This build does not have that much native life, so getting life on the helmet is a plus I think.

Belt:
You are also using Bisco's leash, which has no life either. I assume you want these items for MF, so this depends on the goal with your build. You are probably fine for most content with your current setup.
If you are aiming for higher tier content I recommend you to at least replace your belt and get a Stygian Vise with high life so that you can socket an abyss jewel with life and damage.

Gloves:
If you have Haku lvl 7, remove the crafted evasion (cost: 1 scouring) and put on mana instead. It gives you a little bit more survivability.

Shield:
You can use Blessed Orb to trim the implicit life of the Chernobog's, but you might as well also look for a spirit shield with life, resists, spell damage and spell crit chance.

Diamond Ring:
Not very good. The life roll is low and you benefit nothing from either of the attack damage mods (since we are using spells in this build).

Jewels:
The "Damnation Wound" Jewel is not very good. It only has one property we benefit from. I would replace that for a jewel with %life and 1-2 properties we want. The same is true for "Armageddon Glisten", where you have some resistances but no life and you don't benefit from the phys dmg affix. The Watcher's Eye jewel you have is not giving you much since our Phys dmg is so low (we are not scaling it at all).
Last edited by Bizze79 on Jul 5, 2018, 4:34:26 AM
Hey all, would anyone be so kind to take a look at my build and give me some advice?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Peyre/characters?characterName=EarlBungalow

Thanks a lot for your time and help!
"
Peyre wrote:
Hey all, would anyone be so kind to take a look at my build and give me some advice?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Peyre/characters?characterName=EarlBungalow

Helmet:
Rat's nest is good and cheap as many try to enchant and sell it, but I have personally opted to go for a rare helmet with life as it increases your survivability. This build really doesn't need more DPS, but when looking at your other gear this is the least of your priorities to replace.

Chest:
Well, you only have 4 links. I would still recommend Spell Echo over Faster Casting to get your BV stacks ramping up as fast as possible. Also make sure you use Armor scraps on your Inpulsa's to get it to 20% before trying to 6-socket it. It will slightly increase the chance - and you should have it at 20% anyways since it increases the evasion and ES stats with 20%. Also consider switching Increased Critical Strikes for Concentrated Effect. See which gives you more DPS. Keep the Increased Critical Strikes in your off-hand weapons to keep leveling it - since you will need it once you get a 5-link.

Rings:
There is no reason to use Mokou's Embrace. We deal so little fire damage that it's not worth scaling it. Use a rare ring with life and resistances instead, preferably a Diamond ring so that you get increased crit chance. This is a crit build.
Your other ring has lots of resists but lacks life. That makes it pretty bad. You also don't benefit anything from the attack affixes on the ring.

Gloves:
Well, you get crit chance and multiplier, but compared to getting more links for Spark it doesn't matter much. Try to get Shaped gloves that will make your Spark 6-linked (as well as give you some mana leech that is always good for MoM builds). A better budget choice than Maligaro's would be Kalisa's Grace that makes your Spark 5-linked. They also have life.

Belt:
Not the worst piece in your setup, but even better if you can get a Stygian Vise with lots of life and some resistance so that you can slot in an abyssal jewel with more life (and resistances if needed - otherwise damage mods).

Boots:
This unique is not helping too much. We don't deal enough physical damage to benefit from conversion. It helps BV a bit, but the boots slot is too important to waste on items that don't give you better benefits. Get rare boots with movement speed, life and resistances. They are expensive. Opt to go for only 20% MS or just one high resistances to suit your wallet. Don't forget to run the Uber labyrinth to enchant your boots for some added useful implicit.

Flasks:
I think your life setup betrays the lack of life mods on your gear. You won't need that many life flasks if you have more life on gear. Instead you can opt for the flasks of the build guide to boost your damage at certain moments (such as fighting bosses or difficult rare mobs).

Jewels:
Remove "Survival Instincts" and get a better rare jewel with life and some damage mod (or resists if you need it).
Remove "Gale Spark" and add Intuitive Leap instead. It will allow you to allocate a few powerful passives without linking to them.
Remove "Kraken Dream". It only gives you the resistances - the other mods don't apply to this build. Get a better rare jewel.
Theoretically, what is the highest DPS you can get with Spark? Highest I can get so far is 220k DPS.
Are you talking about tooltip DPS or actual Shaper DPS?

My Spark (according to PoE Bulider) does 70 000 DPS.

Regardless, since Spark is primarily our trash clearing skill, the more interesting DPS to check would be of (Vaal) Blade Vortex @ 10 blades. Mine's 319 000 DPS.
"
Bizze79 wrote:
"
Peyre wrote:

Helmet:
Rat's nest is good and cheap as many try to enchant and sell it, but I have personally opted to go for a rare helmet with life as it increases your survivability. This build really doesn't need more DPS, but when looking at your other gear this is the least of your priorities to replace.

Chest:
Well, you only have 4 links. I would still recommend Spell Echo over Faster Casting to get your BV stacks ramping up as fast as possible. Also make sure you use Armor scraps on your Inpulsa's to get it to 20% before trying to 6-socket it. It will slightly increase the chance - and you should have it at 20% anyways since it increases the evasion and ES stats with 20%. Also consider switching Increased Critical Strikes for Concentrated Effect. See which gives you more DPS. Keep the Increased Critical Strikes in your off-hand weapons to keep leveling it - since you will need it once you get a 5-link.

Rings:
There is no reason to use Mokou's Embrace. We deal so little fire damage that it's not worth scaling it. Use a rare ring with life and resistances instead, preferably a Diamond ring so that you get increased crit chance. This is a crit build.
Your other ring has lots of resists but lacks life. That makes it pretty bad. You also don't benefit anything from the attack affixes on the ring.

Gloves:
Well, you get crit chance and multiplier, but compared to getting more links for Spark it doesn't matter much. Try to get Shaped gloves that will make your Spark 6-linked (as well as give you some mana leech that is always good for MoM builds). A better budget choice than Maligaro's would be Kalisa's Grace that makes your Spark 5-linked. They also have life.

Belt:
Not the worst piece in your setup, but even better if you can get a Stygian Vise with lots of life and some resistance so that you can slot in an abyssal jewel with more life (and resistances if needed - otherwise damage mods).

Boots:
This unique is not helping too much. We don't deal enough physical damage to benefit from conversion. It helps BV a bit, but the boots slot is too important to waste on items that don't give you better benefits. Get rare boots with movement speed, life and resistances. They are expensive. Opt to go for only 20% MS or just one high resistances to suit your wallet. Don't forget to run the Uber labyrinth to enchant your boots for some added useful implicit.

Flasks:
I think your life setup betrays the lack of life mods on your gear. You won't need that many life flasks if you have more life on gear. Instead you can opt for the flasks of the build guide to boost your damage at certain moments (such as fighting bosses or difficult rare mobs).

Jewels:
Remove "Survival Instincts" and get a better rare jewel with life and some damage mod (or resists if you need it).
Remove "Gale Spark" and add Intuitive Leap instead. It will allow you to allocate a few powerful passives without linking to them.
Remove "Kraken Dream". It only gives you the resistances - the other mods don't apply to this build. Get a better rare jewel.

Thanks a lot for your elaborate and detailed answer. You were under no obligation to help a total stranger and noob like me, yet you took the time to write all this up. It is much appreciated and i will make the best out of your advice. Thanks again!!
You are welcome. ^_^

Don't forget to use armor scraps on all of your gear that you can use them on - both to increase socketing and linking chances, but also to boost their defensive properties.

Melee builds do this on their weapon as well - using blacksmith's whetstones - but for us that is not necessary as we are only using our weapon for its spell damage properties.
"
Bizze79 wrote:
"
cocoseb wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/cocoseb/characters

Hello, you can see my character on my poe page, what should I change? thank you :)

Helmet:
I'm not a huge fan of Rat's Nest as helmet. This build does not have that much native life, so getting life on the helmet is a plus I think.

Belt:
You are also using Bisco's leash, which has no life either. I assume you want these items for MF, so this depends on the goal with your build. You are probably fine for most content with your current setup.
If you are aiming for higher tier content I recommend you to at least replace your belt and get a Stygian Vise with high life so that you can socket an abyss jewel with life and damage.

Gloves:
If you have Haku lvl 7, remove the crafted evasion (cost: 1 scouring) and put on mana instead. It gives you a little bit more survivability.

Shield:
You can use Blessed Orb to trim the implicit life of the Chernobog's, but you might as well also look for a spirit shield with life, resists, spell damage and spell crit chance.

Diamond Ring:
Not very good. The life roll is low and you benefit nothing from either of the attack damage mods (since we are using spells in this build).

Jewels:
The "Damnation Wound" Jewel is not very good. It only has one property we benefit from. I would replace that for a jewel with %life and 1-2 properties we want. The same is true for "Armageddon Glisten", where you have some resistances but no life and you don't benefit from the phys dmg affix. The Watcher's Eye jewel you have is not giving you much since our Phys dmg is so low (we are not scaling it at all).

thanks buddy !
Is this pair of gloves any good? I recall purchasing them for the low, low cost of 2-ish chaos.

I currently have them socketed with
until I get to my Voidwalkers, which will be soon.

On that note, does Slower Projectiles and Faster Projectiles stack? I notice my Spark traveling rather slow, but it still hits rather hard.
Last edited by MisterTails on Jul 6, 2018, 2:21:33 AM
Well, first of all those gloves lack life. That makes them worse than a pair of dual mod Shaper gloves that have life, but it's not only that...

The skills stack, but since the Slower Projectiles are counteracting the Faster Projectiles, you have conflicting skill gems that increase AND decrease the speed of the projectiles (also remember in PoE wording that Less is significantly stronger than Increased due to multiplicative rather than additive math caclulations).

If you think about it that way you could just have a pair of Shaper mana leech single mod gloves with a damage gem instead of Faster Projectiles. It's basically the same result you get with those gloves you linked. Probably better since I suspect the Slower projectiles "less" mod is making the Sparks travel even slower than Faster Projectiles can boost them.

Remember that Spark is your main clear skill. It doesn't need more DPS than it can clear out trash and blue mobs. Making the Sparks fast and spread out even outside the screen is more important than achieving that high DPS.

I would not recommend using those gloves over 2-mod Shaper's Gloves, even without life roll on them. I would probably even prefer using Kalisa's Grace if you are on a budget...

Last edited by Bizze79 on Jul 6, 2018, 8:17:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info