[3.10] Bashtart's SPARK INQUISITOR * farming like a god! :)

Hi I'm currently having a hard time choosing which shield to use. So far I can do up to t6 maps with zero difficulty. On boss fights I can't face tank so I just kite and play safe. My def and res are all high or capped. So I'm having a hard time choosing which shield to use: chernobogs pillar or the rare shield I am currently equipping. Can someone tell me which is better?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MistaChun/characters
"
Bizze79 wrote:
Well, first of all those gloves lack life. That makes them worse than a pair of dual mod Shaper gloves that have life, but it's not only that...

The skills stack, but since the Slower Projectiles are counteracting the Faster Projectiles, you have conflicting skill gems that increase AND decrease the speed of the projectiles (also remember in PoE wording that Less is significantly stronger than Increased due to multiplicative rather than additive math caclulations).

If you think about it that way you could just have a pair of Shaper mana leech single mod gloves with a damage gem instead of Faster Projectiles. It's basically the same result you get with those gloves you linked. Probably better since I suspect the Slower projectiles "less" mod is making the Sparks travel even slower than Faster Projectiles can boost them.

Remember that Spark is your main clear skill. It doesn't need more DPS than it can clear out trash and blue mobs. Making the Sparks fast and spread out even outside the screen is more important than achieving that high DPS.

I would not recommend using those gloves over 2-mod Shaper's Gloves, even without life roll on them. I would probably even prefer using Kalisa's Grace if you are on a budget...

Thanks for your input. I did not know about the wording of "less" would be significantly stronger. That's an interesting tidbit to know.

I'll take a look around to see if i find any good gloves.
First of, Thank you bashtart for the guide. The leveling guide has been extremely helpful! i went from 1 - 40 within 2 hours. I really hope more guide writers spend a bit more time at the leveling section like you!

I am loving the build atm. I followed most of it but went a bit sideways in terms of gearing and passive specs towards the end.

Mainly:

I went for a ES/Health Hybrid set up. Now currently sitting on 3k Life and 1.3k ES. A lot of safety there esp against bosses / high impact rare mobs.

I have taken nodes off Arcane Focus (just north of Deep Wisdom) and Melding (within radius of Intiutive Leap gem)

I went for a Spirit Shield because awesome as Chernobog's Pillar is, the Str regquirements is too high for a INT based character.

I also went for a "triple elemental" set up as I cannot afford Choir of the Storm. Basically, I use Call of the Brotherhood and Yoke of Suffering to funnel the damage and elemental aliments and then Herald of Ash for the last bit of DPS buff from Yoke of Suffering its unlikely they will take the Ignite aliment but it does happen from time to time so its a good trade off from Choir of the Storm.

I am still working on the 4SL CWDT gems kit. Not too urgent with that atm, i got the 3L one without Warlord's Mark atm.

Thanks again bashtart!

How much life should I have at lvl 92?
Last edited by xucxichheo on Jul 7, 2018, 5:42:05 AM
"
MistaChun wrote:
So I'm having a hard time choosing which shield to use: chernobogs pillar or the rare shield I am currently equipping. Can someone tell me which is better?

Your shield is good defensively, but Chernobog’s or a spirit shield with spell dmg and spell crit dmg gives you more DPS. I would probably choose Chernobog’s over that shield. The 25% phys to fire conversion also helps BV dps slightly as well as limits the amount of phys reflect you will take from it.
"
xucxichheo wrote:
How much life should I have at lvl 92?

Depends on playstyle and gearing (and currency investment). I have 5 400 hp at lvl 92. It’s enough for me to run Chimera and red elder deathless. I haven’t reached higher in maps yet, but since this is not a facetanking build the amount of hp you need is not absolute.
Hello, I made the changes that I was advised but I still have a bit of trouble for high map. other advice?
"
cocoseb wrote:
Hello, I made the changes that I was advised but I still have a bit of trouble for high map. other advice?

I think you need to be a bit more precise than that when requesting help. I can vouch for the build being fine up to T16 at least. If you have trouble it could be gear, but it could also be your own playstyle. I have run many builds and this is a very solid one. The only real danger is getting crowded by mobs or otherwise repeatedly hit (or having degen applied to you) so that you cannot cast spells because your mana is drained because of MoM.
What do you guys think about Mark of the Shaper and an Elder ring with Multiplier/Projectile damage/Warlord's Mark?

That would give us Adds (13-18) to (50-56) Lightning Damage to Spells along with (60-80)% increased Spell Damage if your other Ring is an Elder Item plus 20% chance to Trigger Level 20 Summon Volatile Anomaly on Kill.

Seems to be good, nay?

Edit: I just tried it and it's insane...

Last edited by WilliamCZE on Jul 8, 2018, 11:49:15 AM
"
WilliamCZE wrote:
What do you guys think about Mark of the Shaper and an Elder ring with Multiplier/Projectile damage/Warlord's Mark?

That would give us Adds (13-18) to (50-56) Lightning Damage to Spells along with (60-80)% increased Spell Damage if your other Ring is an Elder Item plus 20% chance to Trigger Level 20 Summon Volatile Anomaly on Kill.

Seems to be good, nay?

Edit: I just tried it and it's insane...

Are your resistances capped or at least 70~ if you're using these rings? I'm generally worried about my life/res if I'm trying to add more DPS on the rings.

In other news, what jewels are being used? What stats are desirable for us to look for? On that topic, how many Spark threshold jewels are being ran? One or two?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info