[Guide] Efficient currency farming

"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
That feeling when your favorite game becomes a job, and you measure your "performance" in "Opportunity Cost" and transactions per second like you are playing competitive StarCraft.

The Autism and Obsessive Compulsion is deep in this community. I am certainly a part of that, I exclusively play the addiction-stroking ARPGs after all, but even I think this is too much.

Will anyone think of the seconds wasted while picking up scrolls!!!? Think of the time you can save if you don't wipe after going to the bathroom!!!!!1!!!!one!!!!

I can not help myself but to agree with the "Measure your performance in Opportunity cost" thing.

This is a game after all. I am playing it to relax. What is the point of working hard for virtual currency? I want to have fun, not to be stressed because I wasted half a second staring at a scroll. I have enough of that in real life, I might as well just stay there and forget the game enitrely.

With this guide, I was hoping for something more "Soft", tips how to make good amount of currency in general. When I saw the time measurmenet I was like "No way, I do not care how much chaos I lose, that is just too much".

Also the whole 5 chaos tab. How does that work? What about items that are not worth even worth 5 chaos? Most of the time, you do not get 5 chaos items from drops
Last edited by Erik9631 on Aug 20, 2017, 9:11:17 AM
"
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
That feeling when your favorite game becomes a job, and you measure your "performance" in "Opportunity Cost" and transactions per second like you are playing competitive StarCraft.

The Autism and Obsessive Compulsion is deep in this community. I am certainly a part of that, I exclusively play the addiction-stroking ARPGs after all, but even I think this is too much.

Will anyone think of the seconds wasted while picking up scrolls!!!? Think of the time you can save if you don't wipe after going to the bathroom!!!!!1!!!!one!!!!

I can not help myself but to agree with the "Measure your performance in Opportunity cost" thing.

This is a game after all. I am playing it to relax. What is the point of working hard for virtual currency? I want to have fun, not to be stressed because I wasted half a second staring at a scroll. I have enough of that in real life, I might as well just stay there and forget the game enitrely.

With this guide, I was hoping for something more "Soft", tips how to make good amount of currency in general. When I saw the time measurmenet I was like "No way, I do not care how much chaos I lose, that is just too much".

Also the whole 5 chaos tab. How does that work? What about items that are not worth even worth 5 chaos? Most of the time, you do not get 5 chaos items from drops

Eliminating tedious time sinks doesn't have to be stressful. I don't even think about scrolls when I'm mapping because they're not shown in my item filter. I don't sell items that are worth less than 5c because I don't enjoy trading. This leaves me with more time to kill monsters and get drops, which are the parts of the game that are relaxing and fun to me.

I get so many rings/amulets/jewels that I just list them all for 5c after identifying them, without really looking at the stats. Some of them sell, and some of them don't. If I run low on stash tabs to use as 5c tabs, I'll purge some by selling the contents to a vendor. This is a strategy that worked really well for me while leveling to 100 in Breach and Legacy. Some of them will be worth way more than 5c, but most of the time I do not care how much chaos I lose (see what I did there?), because the time I'd spend carefully examining every ring/amulet/jewel is time I'd rather be spending killing monsters.

A lot of the people posting negative comments in this thread seem to have misunderstood (or maybe just not read) the guide. It's not really about currency for me. It's about maximizing fun.

I feel like a broken record for repeating this so many times, but here I go again: If you don't enjoy this playstyle, just do what works for you instead.
Thank you carkasjak for posting this guide. I started PoE a few weeks ago with 3.0 and I was getting a bit annoyed with all the item management. I liked your idea of just dumping everything in a few 5c stashes, selling what I can and then vendoring the rest. I’ve ended up with two quad tabs, when one is full it becomes a 4C tab until the other 5c is full, I then vendor the 4c and start the process over.

It’s amazing how freeing it was to just forget about researching every single item and just getting back on with the game, so thanks very much for taking the time to write out your ideas.
Last edited by FlatHat1 on Aug 26, 2017, 1:33:26 AM
I like this idea! I did something similar to this with 1chaos 1alch tabs, but honestly, it is annoying to stop playing for a 1alch and i really hate evaluating rares, since I have no idea about the meta builds and what stats they value etc...

I tried playing with neversinks uber/uber plus strict filters, but i had an issue with wisdom scrolls, they ran out... so how do you manage those, since if I dont pick up any currency under chrom/alch/jewel range, I dont have a way of getting scrolls either...? just buy them at bulk...?
"
Nyypsy wrote:
I like this idea! I did something similar to this with 1chaos 1alch tabs, but honestly, it is annoying to stop playing for a 1alch and i really hate evaluating rares, since I have no idea about the meta builds and what stats they value etc...

I tried playing with neversinks uber/uber plus strict filters, but i had an issue with wisdom scrolls, they ran out... so how do you manage those, since if I dont pick up any currency under chrom/alch/jewel range, I dont have a way of getting scrolls either...? just buy them at bulk...?

The way I see it you have two good options for getting enough wisdom scrolls. Either temporarily show transmutation orbs in the filter and sell those to a vendor, or buy transmutation orbs in bulk from flippers.

In the modified version of my filter that I use for SSF I just always show transmutation orbs.
Last edited by carkasjak on Aug 31, 2017, 8:23:22 AM
Ah well that makes sense, I think I'll just make two filters and keep transmute one on for a while to gather up scrolls, thank you. :)
LE: wrong thread, please delete
Last edited by Rhade31 on Sep 2, 2017, 6:05:47 AM
Any thought for upcoming 3.1 version? ;-)
"
carkasjak wrote:
If GGG were to implement a faster trading system where you HAD to sell an item at the listed price, I would still use the 5c tab method, even if it meant that I was selling a a few items for far less than their value.

You heard him, GGG... please do this....
"
MurphyCz wrote:
Any thought for upcoming 3.1 version? ;-)

I'll read through my post and see if there's anything that needs removing or adjusting. Most of the tips are so general that they still apply, though. I wouldn't really be able to give specific tips like "farm X zone for Y item" or say which maps I think will be good for shaping, since I just don't know enough about how the new version will play out.

I'll update my filter on day one of Abyss.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info