[Guide] Efficient currency farming

"
If you get whispers for an item very quickly after dumping it, you take a look at it, and move it to the individually priced tab if you determine that it's a god tier item worth a lot more than 5c.

God how i hate people like you.

Instead of taking two seconds to correctly price an item you waste the time of other people for your personal gain - you are on the same tier as the price manipulators.

I instantly ignore everyone who changes the price during a trade.
Last edited by _Interrupt_ on Feb 25, 2017, 2:34:39 PM
"
very good write up but i doubt u would ever be "mega rich" following this but u could prob buy most things u want and the go to lvl 100 way i wish i would trade with more people that min max this much makes it fast :/

Thank you. Yes, my own sales and purchases are generally swift and polite.

I guess it depends on what you consider "mega rich". I bought a headhunter for 76 exalts, and very good gear for my Cospri's Discharge character over the course of 22 days, having started on a fresh account with nothing on it. There will always be someone richer, though. The important part for me is that I can make enough currency for all the things I want to buy, while doing mainly the thing I enjoy the most about the game: Killing big packs of monsters really fast.
Very well written. The little spiel about opportunity cost was very necessary imo, a lot of players don't understand the concept. Overall I knew about most of these tips. But the one which helped me the most personally, was your stash tab setup. I will be using it in the future as it seems very clean and simple. Thank you for taking the time to write this up, I really appreciate the advice.
"
_Interrupt_ wrote:
"
5c tabs for mass dumping of small items for free price checking

God how i hate people like you.

Instead of taking two seconds to correctly price an item you waste the time of other people for your personal gain - you are on the same tier as the price manipulators.

I instantly ignore everyone who changes the price during a trade.

I've updated the first post with a response to this controversy at the bottom. Hopefully that will clarify my position somewhat.
Last edited by carkasjak on Feb 26, 2017, 7:45:04 AM
I don't understand the dump tab (though i may try it) if you re playing solo, the time you use to id stuff etc is the same you use while mapping, where is the gain? Same for pre rolling maps
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."
"

I've noticed that a lot of people get hung up on this 5c tab method and go into a fit of rage over it, and I can kind of see their point of view too, but it is being blown out of proportion. 99% of the time, I will not reprice an item, and people are usually getting nice brodeals out of my unwillingness to manually price stuff. The remaining 1% is unfortunate, but I won't lose any sleep over it. Path of Exile is a game, and unless GGG explicitly states that this kind of behavior is against the terms of service, I will keep doing it if it helps me enjoy the game more.

If GGG were to implement a faster trading system where you HAD to sell an item at the listed price, I would still use this method, even if it meant that I was grossly underpricing a few items.

Yeah, what people don't seem to realize is that stopping to read every piece of jewelry you get is vastly time consuming. I think you method is fine, as most people know that the item is worth more than 5c.
Last edited by dun198 on Feb 25, 2017, 2:49:26 PM
"
Kiri2k wrote:
I don't understand the dump tab (though i may try it) if you re playing solo, the time you use to id stuff etc is the same you use while mapping, where is the gain? Same for pre rolling maps

I'm not sure about Carkas, but I find that stopping in between every map to id rares vastly slows down my pacing.
"
Kiri2k wrote:

Excellent question. The gain is that you can sort your stuff in bulk, and therefor do less scrolling between stash tabs. For instance you'll filter your dump tab by "tier:" and sort all the maps you've looted during that entire mapping session in one fell swoop. It builds a routine and keeps you organized.
Last edited by carkasjak on Feb 25, 2017, 2:55:01 PM
wouldn't this be not a good method of farming if everyone else did the same thing?
If everyone tried converting currency to chaos/ex it would make the exchange ratio bad.
"
Higgly wrote:
wouldn't this be not a good method of farming if everyone else did the same thing?
If everyone tried converting currency to chaos/ex it would make the exchange ratio bad.

That's an odd theoretical, but I'll try to answer to the best of my limited knowledge.

First of all, Path of Exile is a very popular game, with a plethora of people playing it. They are a diverse bunch, and all enjoy different aspects of the game. A small fraction of them might read this guide and decide to try it out, and an even smaller fraction of those might decide to continue following it after trying it. I don't believe that this will ever have a significant impact on the economy as a whole.

Second of all, the beauty of PoE's currency system is that all the orbs disappear from the economy when you use them, and there will always be high demand for currency to gamble with. If Orbs of Fusing get cheaper, more people will decide that it's a good time to buy them and try to link some items. It should balance itself out. I'm not even sure there is such a thing as "bad" exchange ratios in PoE.

Anyway, I am not really advocating that everyone should do exactly what I do. That would be really strange. I encourage people to share knowledge and ideas, and make their own decisions.
Last edited by carkasjak on Feb 25, 2017, 3:31:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info