[Guide] Efficient currency farming

Hi,

I'd just like to know your main suggestions for builds to play following this style of play going into the next league.

I play 20-25 hours a week or so I'm not sure if that's considered casual. I don't, just average.

Thanks!
Last edited by dieh on Apr 11, 2017, 6:00:24 PM
"
dieh wrote:
Hi,

I'd just like to know your main suggestions for builds to play following this style of play going into the next league.

I play 20-25 hours a week or so I'm not sure if that's considered casual. I don't, just average.

Thanks!

It's kind of hard to give suggestions about builds to play next league since there will be a huge patch with plenty of changes we don't know about yet. Just wait until the beta starts and see what happens.
"
dieh wrote:
Hi,

Thanks!

The suggested guide is more a method of time and inventory management and prioritization than it is a build guide. Most any build that's good enough to clear maps in the first place can benefit from the ideology expressed in Carkas' guide.
Oh God, now I udnerstand wha ive done wrong. I thought that all i need is not to "done" 11 to 13 maps, so I can run them, but not make them corrupted.

This explains why maps i drop are shitty. Oh god, fml.

Any idea how to fix it now? I`m so pissed off now.
"
fryderyknicze wrote:
Oh God, now I udnerstand wha ive done wrong. I thought that all i need is not to "done" 11 to 13 maps, so I can run them, but not make them corrupted.

This explains why maps i drop are shitty. Oh god, fml.

Any idea how to fix it now? I`m so pissed off now.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean, but yeah, maps can drop even if you complete them without getting the bonus objective. You really need to avoid running maps that you don't want to drop.

To fix a "bricked" atlas you'll have to use Cartographer's Seals which can get a bit expensive if you did a lot of these maps.
After coming back from an 18 month hiatus, I was worried that all the new content, build diversity and rich lore would be really enjoyable, but THANK GOD I found this thread and avoided any fun.

One thing I'd like to add, sometimes the unique drops can trigger an endorphin or two - this can be mitigated by lowering the colour on your monitor to zero and doing your soul-crushing currency grind in glorious monochrome!

"
Gaffers wrote:
After coming back from an 18 month hiatus, I was worried that all the new content, build diversity and rich lore would be really enjoyable, but THANK GOD I found this thread and avoided any fun.

One thing I'd like to add, sometimes the unique drops can trigger an endorphin or two - this can be mitigated by lowering the colour on your monitor to zero and doing your soul-crushing currency grind in glorious monochrome!

Nice snark, but I think you missed the point. My grind is actually designed to be as far from soul-crushing as possible. This is the way I enjoy playing the most, as I get to avoid the parts of the game I don't enjoy (mainly tedious trades). I encourage everyone to play the game the way they want, though. You should've read the disclaimer.
Nice post. I feel so hesitant to change to this style of farming, only because I'm so used to checking rares to make sure I'm not missing something great. I have a quad tab for chaos recipe, priced at 2c just in case something in there is worth anything. I will sell low if its marginally low, but if my chat blows up with 90000 whispers in 2 seconds, better believe I'm going to price check it before I trade with anyone.
I intend to carefully review and overhaul this guide just before or after Fall of Oriath goes live. In the meantime I welcome constructive feedback. If you feel that there is something missing from the guide, or if something is already outdated due to the shifting meta, please let me know.
I understand that you want to update this guide, and i appreciate that indeed. But i have a question for the now, do you think that buying sextants is worthwhile. At what price would you stop buying sextants? Does it depend on the map/tier?

Also i would appreciate some justification as to why they are/are not worth buying. About a month or two ago on one of the podcasts i believe it was said that "Anyone who thinks sextants are not worth buying is an idiot" and they just moved on. I cannot understand how spending an additional 3+ chaos per map can help you make lots of profit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info