[3.0]PewPewPews DirtCheap Frost Blades build | Clear all maps on a budget | [4/4] Guardians down

@Zeypha: For flasks, get at least a silver flask. Rest of the flasks is up to what you prefer really.
And no, hatred is not doing anything special in that setup, nor will itdo anything special when linked to your golem. Ice bite won't do anything as none of the skills in your boot can actually deal damage(and thus proc ice bite).

I also don't pick up claws of the pride, as it's four points away, and doesn't offer stats that are significantly better then anything else we pick up. It's mainly a shortage of points we are suffering :)

Anyways, I wanted to drop this here. Took me a while, but I finally got phoenix down. It was a hell getting the map itself. For some reason, I rarely get any core map drops. I had two drop today, and the one I managed to roll with Vulnerability/Enfeeble/Min Max/Cold + Lig damage(#JustVaalOrbThings) dropped me my Phoenix map.

I think phoenix is the easier of the three, but can be hell with the right mods(mainly AoE). But the boss itself has easy to avoid attacks, and has constantly spawning adds.
I got a surprise death by the birds, as I never expected them to really obliterate me. But it seems they like to shoot as a group, and if you're not careful. Well it's easy to have three or four of them blasts hitting you at the same time.

Other then that, the map was smooth sailing. Got it unlocked in my atlas, so I'll try to have a vid of it up soon :)

I do have Core and Double Palace on tape btw.

Anyways, time for me to hunt me some minotaur :D
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
"

I also don't pick up claws of the pride, as it's four points away, and doesn't offer stats that are significantly better then anything else we pick up. It's mainly a shortage of points we are suffering :)

At least on the paper (PoB) - Claws of the Pride will give you almost 5k dps if you swap it for Sleight of Hand and 2 points from Primeval Force cluster. Not that big deal but still.
Can't try it right now by myself (kind of ssf limitations :D) but will definitely get to it when I manage to get a pair of claws.

Anyway, build is looking cool and freshy (as for non-meta). But, well, I feel myself kinda squishy, especially for HC. Too far away from scion life wheel and most unrelayable defense source (dodge) makes me cry :|
What changes to the tree can you suggest for more survivability? My eyes are glazed over already. Also, may I ask why don't you use Taste of Hate but mana flask?
Last edited by dein0s on Apr 19, 2017, 4:57:29 PM
Hey just a heads up, if you grab the just one mana leach node near the duelist start you can avoid using a mana flask all together. I think the 1 point is worth it for a defensive flask. Also my character has comparable gear in terms of life and I have all the life nodes in the tree but I only have 4.8k hp. I can't figure out what im missing. On my profile the character's name is Ole_Got_The_clap.
Last edited by olebull1 on Apr 21, 2017, 7:35:03 PM
Nice build man, i like. I played hc legacy league, level 87 ;D Very iizi, very good and very fun. TY TY TY!!!! ♥
SSF possible with this build?
What would be a great unique chest?

IGN: Tibiuron (OFFLINE)
Hey guys, first off, sorry for not being around much. Can't play the game as often as I want lately, so sorry about that!

@dein0s: you are absolutely right. Something I didn't expect to be honest haha. Made another few changes to the tree. Right now, I'm not using any special flasks since I want to prove that this build can solo all four guardians with.. well, dirt cheap gear. The only investment I have is my 6 link. Weapons have dropped down to 1c range, and nothing else in the guide is... well expensive. Getting a Taste, and most likely also a wise oak, is on my list, when I've done what I'm trying to accomplish :D

@olebull1: there's also inbuild leech with warlords mark. Getting the mana leech nodes are... well completely unnecessary. The only reason I have a mana flask with me, is for no regen maps - And only for the moments I dash a little too much, and run out of mana for the upcoming fight. You are right, the mana flask is not very necessary. You can even keep it as a swap in, for no regen maps really. But I'm a lazy guy, and actually really hate to swap out flasks for certain maps etc.

Your profile is closed however. If you're lacking hp, your gear is most likely the reason. Make sure to get high HP on each item, check even for HP + Str items, as str will increase your HP even more :)

@duabijitelur: I know someone who has been doing this build SSF. It's certainly doable, but the build is just more fun with One or two Touch of Anguish :)

@Roburn: I wouldn't get a unique bodyarmor, as we already have some uniques in our build. The more uniques you get, the better your left over rares have to be, to still cover for your resistances.

If you truly want one though, The Perfect Form has been on my mind for a while now. You can save out a point by not getting phase acro in the tree, get a free Arctic armour, which is still very nice to have(we have the room in our gear as well).

It is pricy though. 4 ex for a 6 linked one. Plus, like I said, you'll have to get better rares to cover up for the lack of resistances(-30 to cold does not help).

Still working on getting footage of a proper phoenix run(the maps.. just don't drop for me. And I really don't want to fall back on buying maps, I'll keep running T15s until I get a couple :D), and still waiting until I get a Minotaur from an Abyss map.

Got a few other vids though :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyhiiuE0j0I&feature=youtu.be >> Dark Forest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSFPIFg_37Y&feature=youtu.be >> Double Overgrown Ruins Boss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0q5_Rw8jhs&feature=youtu.be >> Plaza boss with... well hard mods

I'll keep you guys updated :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
While I love Frost Blades skill I hate dual-wield Rangers (memory from old RPG times), so Raider (even with his OP ascendancy) is for me a big no-no.
This tree is easily accessible for a Shadow or Duellist, so I am wondering now about those.

Shadow has good Elemental starting points, and Assasin with Ambush and Culling strike can be deadly (and useful for bosses). On the other hand, there is not much crit on tree, so its Power Charges points are somewhat wasted

Duellist has good life entry nodes, and Champion with permanent Fortify can be quite tanky. But his other Ascendancy points (maybe apart "First To Strike...") are quite useless for us :/

BTW Do "Increased Physical Damage" nodes work with Frost Blades?

Notes: Above are only my theories, not tested yet.
Any thoughts guys? Anybody tried it?
If so, then which option would you consider better? Any other bits of advice (apart from "Just play Raider" of course)

As mostly SSF player I assume average gear and only 6 AP
Also, Bringer of Rain could be in the mentioned as an option for low-budget players
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Last edited by Nishrek on May 3, 2017, 8:25:08 AM
Hi, how do you expect 3.0 to impact the build?
The problem with non raider, is the sustainability of frenzy charges. The number 1 reason, raider is king, is because of Way of the Poacher: "20% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge when you Hit a Rare or Unique Enemy."
Without that mod, bosses will be a pain in the ass to deal with, guardians will be near impossible to solo.

You would have to change a lot to get it working on a difference ascendancy.. Probably possible, but I don't think anything in this guide can help you.

Increased physical damage nodes work, but only on the base hit(not the projectiles).

And... well this build is well capable of dealing with Uber Izaro, mostly because of the high mobility and decent dodge chance. Yes, even in SSF. Getting a Touch of Anguish will be hard, but doable if you chance imperial claws(or are very lucky and have it drop).

As for 3.0 - it's hard to say for sure, as we don't know what changes will come to 3.0. But I think this build will be relatively the same - or even slightly buffed. Frost Blades just got buffed, and is seeing more love nowadays. But it's not considered OP tier or anything, so I doubt that will be hit.

Raider is the most popular ascendancy, but again, nothing god tier. Might see a few nerfs there, but I doubt it really.

And finally, life is in a bad spot now. Even though we get it to work at higher play, there is a good chance they will buff life in general.

Also, killed Phoenix deathless, and got it on tape. Only my 4th try, haven't had much luck in dropping a map, so there's a lot that can be improved still.

And for your entertainment, double high garden boss with some... stupid mods :D
I am a nice guy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info