[3.0]PewPewPews DirtCheap Frost Blades build | Clear all maps on a budget | [4/4] Guardians down

"
Serart wrote:
Guys for ascendency class it's
Normal - Way of the Poacher
Cruel - Avatar of Slaughter
Merci - Quartz infusion and uber Avatar of the Veil.

Right?

Right!
"
Cobblerer wrote:
How does herald of ice/curse on hit/raiders mark work? Can I make this a 4link setup and add assassins mark?

Herald of ice gives you extra cold damage and the ability to make frozen enemies explode. To freeze enemies, you need to deal a critical strike (this changes with the claws we use in this build).
The explosion applies the curse you've liked it to, in most of these cases, it's assasin's mark. You can link two curses, but only one will apply unless you have an item with +1 curses or if you've got the right nodes on the tree.

Hope that helps
"
Ryuusaki wrote:
Can someone look at my character and tell me how I can improve?

Here's a pastebin for Path of Building

I found my belly of the beast, but it's only 4L. Trying to get 5L on it with vorici.
Thinking about switching out my rares with better ones when I get more str and int from tree.
Not sure what else I can do.

Thanks!

There are many things to improve in your build, not just the gear but the tree too. You can check my char CaraDeJapi to get an idea of where to go.

Try getting a cheap 6L (I've also got dropped a belly and 5L but a 6L is better till you manage to 6L the belly) you can get one for about 15-20c.

Also, try to get better stats on amulet (65+ str and int) so you can free all the rest of your gear from stat needs and focus on life and resists.

Then get porjectile damage gloves (gripped gloves is the base)

Then 40% frostblade damage

It's really important to get gems lvled and with 10q+ (10q isn't expensive at all).

You can also increase your damage by changing cold pen and using frost bite curse on bosses (-Res is mandatory for boss fights, if you cast the curse on the boss, it'll get -44% cold res and you'll reach in total -100%+ cold res).

If you do what I said above, try using ice bite gem (gives more damage than added cold).

Again, I highly recomend you to look at my char for guidance.

Hope it helps!
Thanks for the effort you put into all your guides by the way! (I followed your SSF Firestorm Build before.) I just had a quick question about this build, is it entirely possible to play it without the unique claws? I mean I'd obviously want to get them eventually but is it still viable without them?
"
Exania wrote:
Thanks for the effort you put into all your guides by the way! (I followed your SSF Firestorm Build before.) I just had a quick question about this build, is it entirely possible to play it without the unique claws? I mean I'd obviously want to get them eventually but is it still viable without them?

I'm not the post's author, but I can tell you that It's totally viable, the unique claws give you really good clearing speed and cold damage, but you can go with yellow claws with nice dps, crit and AS without any troubles.
I managed to get up to tier 8-9 before getting my two claws (and I believe I could even go further if it was needed).

Hope it helps!
Last edited by chaossbart on Aug 18, 2017, 11:05:18 AM
Thank you for clearing that up, chaossbart! I've had my eye on this build since the league started but was never sure if the claws were essential or just a big boost. :)
"
Exania wrote:
Thank you for clearing that up, chaossbart! I've had my eye on this build since the league started but was never sure if the claws were essential or just a big boost. :)

The main thing is that you must use claws if you build up your tree for claws. I mean, in this tree we get tons of claw damage, claw attack speed, etc.. as long as you keep on using claws, you'll be fine.

Btw, I've seen versions of this build with swords and It works aswell.

PD: good and cheap unique options: the scourge, the wasp nest
Thanks, you've been really helpful! I think I'll stick with the claws and follow this guide by and large. :)

"
chaossbart wrote:
"
Ryuusaki wrote:
Can someone look at my character and tell me how I can improve?

Here's a pastebin for Path of Building

I found my belly of the beast, but it's only 4L. Trying to get 5L on it with vorici.
Thinking about switching out my rares with better ones when I get more str and int from tree.
Not sure what else I can do.

Thanks!

There are many things to improve in your build, not just the gear but the tree too. You can check my char CaraDeJapi to get an idea of where to go.

Try getting a cheap 6L (I've also got dropped a belly and 5L but a 6L is better till you manage to 6L the belly) you can get one for about 15-20c.

Also, try to get better stats on amulet (65+ str and int) so you can free all the rest of your gear from stat needs and focus on life and resists.

Then get porjectile damage gloves (gripped gloves is the base)

Then 40% frostblade damage

It's really important to get gems lvled and with 10q+ (10q isn't expensive at all).

You can also increase your damage by changing cold pen and using frost bite curse on bosses (-Res is mandatory for boss fights, if you cast the curse on the boss, it'll get -44% cold res and you'll reach in total -100%+ cold res).

If you do what I said above, try using ice bite gem (gives more damage than added cold).

Again, I highly recomend you to look at my char for guidance.

Hope it helps!

Thanks, I'll look into all of your suggestions! You answered a lot of questions I forgot to ask XD
This is what i got so far.....will change couple of thinks after i lvlup my Masters.

Last edited by limoj on Aug 18, 2017, 2:52:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info