[3.0]PewPewPews DirtCheap Frost Blades build | Clear all maps on a budget | [4/4] Guardians down

Is the OP of this build even still alive? The guy hasn't made a post in two weeks, nor has he updated anything about this build or the others that he has.
Bandits quest reward? Everyone is saying different.
"
Jack_Man wrote:
"
Hello,

can someone explain me some things? I am kinda new.. played 1 seaeson with ~max lvl68

1. a) why did the guide has 2 curses in? i thought we need a node allocated or something to apply 2 curses?
1. b) talking about 2 curses, how will it effect if i play with a friend can each of us has 1 curse?

2. people tell "get 40% frostblade Dmg on headgear" how? is it from the lab enchantment? if so, can i control how do i get a head enchantment, and then the right one? or do i have to do the labs daily till i get one?

3. Bandits: its not in the game, but someone said alira. isnt oak with dmg or kraitlyn with dodge and attack speed better? i took oak at start, and not sure if i should swap later

4. whats about the new pantheon system? i took "Soul of Solaris" and "Soul of Garukhan" but im reaaaly not sure about this :D

5. Culling strike: i see not really benefit here, is the late game so hard that im glad to can kill bosses with 10%hp? or is something like "fortify" better? (like other poster said)

Thank you very much (in advance :D)for answers!

btw, it seems i had an old account with my char, this is my account with my current character^^

1. He answered this earlier in the thread:

"I'll try to quickly answer the most common questions for now:
- The build has multiple curses, even though we can only have one curse active: That is because we don't rely on the curses. They are just there to help us. The curse linked to Herald of Ice, is just there to gain more charges(either endurance or power charges). And the Temporal Chain curse.. well it's surprisingly useful for bosses. The curse only activates when we get hit. Doesn't appen often as we have decent amounts of dodge in our build. But when we do get hit, we want to be sure we can get away, just to make sure we don't get hit again right after(which can be lethal). Having that temp chain curse activate every now and then is just nice. Especially useful for bosses, as they can be rather dangerous."

2. 40 pct Frostblade Damage is from Uber Izaro (Eternal Lab).

3. I'm still debating on bandits. I don't think you can go wrong with Kraityln or Alira though.

4. I personally like Soul of Lunaris and Soul of Yugul.

5. As for gem set up, the whole purpose of this build was to be CHEAP (When ToA was just a few chaos) and capable. So yes there are probably some more optimal gem and gear setups and he even suggests you play around if you want.

Last edited by CammieMac on Aug 21, 2017, 2:44:06 PM
whats the best setup of gems for shaper? maybe someone can tell
i am 91 right now guardians are doable as said in guide. not sure about shaper how to get more dps
So far so good, great guide! Please update the Bandits choice according to 3.0! Thanks fellow

What can I improve on? Struggle with certain bosses at the moment in t12+
what abount pantheon?
Does anyone else notice that the two jewel sockets selected don't have 40 dexterity around them to activate the passive?
"
JHight wrote:
Does anyone else notice that the two jewel sockets selected don't have 40 dexterity around them to activate the passive?

Yes they do, the Dex nodes don't have to be used for the jewel to activate.

"
luciferus wrote:
whats the best setup of gems for shaper? maybe someone can tell
i am 91 right now guardians are doable as said in guide. not sure about shaper how to get more dps

Personally, for 3.0 I think is this the best set-up (for easy swapping): GGRRRB

Mapping: FB - MS - WED - Melee Phys - Hypothermia - Inc. Crit Damage

Shaper/Guardians: FB - MS - WED - Melee Phys - Cold Pen - Elemental Focus

During mapping, nearly everything is chilled, so Hypothermia adds another multiplier. Crit Damage seems to be the strongest blue gem for T15 and below. You could also go PCoC if you want to free up the Assassin's Mark slots.

The T16 and End-game bosses can't be chilled or frozen, so Hypothermia is out. Since they are immune to our ailments, there's no reason to not use Elemental Focus for an even stronger multiplier. Being high HP bosses and by increasing the elemental damage more with EF, Cold Pen gem an easy choice to replace the green slot.

Last edited by nEgativezEro89 on Aug 25, 2017, 2:05:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info