[3.0]PewPewPews DirtCheap Frost Blades build | Clear all maps on a budget | [4/4] Guardians down

This build is fun as hell !
Level 76 for now, here is my gear

The crafted mod on the belt hurts my feelings, but this is still a really good belt.
Just bought the Belly, which raise my life pool to 4378.
Not sure what would be a good upgrade now, if anyone has any advice ? I'm not even sure Vaal Haste would be nice considering the already insane speed we have.

"

Okay and what are some suggestions weapon wise that are actual budget that would work well until one could actually afford double ToA rolled right?

As said above, double ToA is absolutely NOT necessary, while one ToA is really awesome and smooth the clearspeed a lot. Best budget options would be Wasp Nest (this thing have a really good dps and worth nothing, it's quite hard to get better actually), and also Ornament of the East is really useful (Accuracy is a pain to get).

Edit : Just finished the Uber Lab ! Took me 3 try though. Today was quite good for this build because Portals basically means (a lot) more life on hit, thanks to the claws.
Last edited by Akalamiammiam on Aug 14, 2017, 6:27:56 PM
Thx for an advice Akalamiammiam. Will definitely try The Wasp Nest.
Hey guys,

first of all - thanks for the fun I have with this build... :D

You can handle the accuracy problems by using this :

;)
Ign: Delism
Hmm
During normal gameplay I had no problems at all, only died when fighting Kitava (and Rakalesh because of my own stupidity) in part 2. All other mobs were insta-gibbed (heh, I even did not have a capped resists).
Now I want to stop being a glass cannon, and try to gear up. I did a dry run in blue Phantasmagoria, and when normal mobs were not a big problem, the fat bitch killed me :/
I also have problems with STR/INT requirements
Any pieces of advice?

Unfortunately, my only 6L (apart Tabula) is ES/Armor so good luck chroming it :/

Is it better to use life/res rare helm and Vectors, or Starkonja and rare boots (current setup)?
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Last edited by Nishrek on Aug 14, 2017, 6:56:04 PM
Hey Nish,

well I can show you my setup witch works out good for me:

It has still much spaces for improvments... :D

regards
Ign: Delism
Hey guys,
im at lvl 91 now and had lot of fun whit this build.
My experience whit it:
Nice guide to follow, i had no problems whit leveling or gearing up.
I´ll started at release so the level items where bit expensive.
Toa 90 c per Hand was a bit much so i started whit 2 cheap ca. 300dps claws whit lot as for (3-6 c at this point of season).
I reached easy mid Tier maps whitout unique claw and geared up step by step.
After i got Toa´s and some life, res cap and higher level Gems most at 20% lvl 19-20, i was able to clear red maps. Now im looking for optimize my Gear and gems to kill end Game bosses. Im not sure if this is possible after the new boss life change. I tried Minotaur but i was not able to do it.
At this point i have whit all buffs (frenzy , flask..) in map ca. 200k dmg and it feels strong for clearing mobs (nearly 1 shots t15 yellows) but for bosses a bit painfull.
I tried to link my Gear but dunno how it works.
What you guys think is the best option for the six link ?
Have a nice day and ty for the Guide.
"
Morslocki wrote:
Hey guys,
My experience whit it:
Toa 90 c per Hand was a bit much so i started whit 2 cheap ca. 300dps claws whit lot as for (3-6 c at this point of season).
After i got Toa´s and some life, res cap and higher level Gems most at 20% lvl 19-20, i was able to clear red maps. Now im looking for optimize my Gear and gems to kill end Game bosses. Im not sure if this is possible after the new boss life change. I tried Minotaur but i was not able to do it.
At this point i have whit all buffs (frenzy , flask..) in map ca. 200k dmg and it feels strong for clearing mobs (nearly 1 shots t15 yellows) but for bosses a bit painfull.

You have a pretty solid setup, I'd just suggest you a couple of things (from a quick glance):

-You should try to get a Belly 6L (extremely expensive, I know, but it's an awesome boost on your health, btw, how much have you got right now?)
-Try switching added cold for frostbite, it gives a higher dps when on full frenzy charges (but this could be tricky, since 20% Added cold gives you 10% cold damage and frostbite does not).
-Try taste of hate, great damage boost and defense boost also, perhaps you coould also try Oak's flask.
-For gems, you could drop fortify or faster attacks and go for a higher dps like damage on full life or ice bite + added cold.
-For bosses troubles, I use a 4L curse on hit - a skill - frostbite - power charge on crit and a 4l ancestral warchief, those two are really good when it comes to facing strong bosses (can only talk about t12, haven't done much more).
-A pair of gripped gloves would be nice (18% proj dmg).
-One last thing, you could change that amulet to get a ton more stats (like 60+ int and str), you'd lose the extra crit multi, but that would lower your stat requirements, letting you drop a couple of nodes on the tree or changing items. (for example, my amulet gives me 72 str 76 int 89 life, this is a huge boost on life and covers almost all the stats you need).

Last edited by chaossbart on Aug 15, 2017, 11:24:12 AM
"
chaossbart wrote:
"
Morslocki wrote:
Hey guys,
My experience whit it:

You have a pretty solid setup, I'd just suggest you a couple of things (from a quick glance):

-You should try to get a Belly 6L (extremely expensive, I know, but it's an awesome boost on your health, btw, how much have you got right now?)
-Try switching added cold for frostbite, it gives a higher dps when on full frenzy charges (but this could be tricky, since 20% Added cold gives you 10% cold damage and frostbite does not).
-Try taste of hate, great damage boost and defense boost also, perhaps you coould also try Oak's flask.
-For gems, you could drop fortify or faster attacks and go for a higher dps like damage on full life or ice bite + added cold.
-For bosses troubles, I use a 4L curse on hit - a skill - frostbite - power charge on crit and a 4l ancestral warchief, those two are really good when it comes to facing strong bosses (can only talk about t12, haven't done much more).
-One last thing, you could change that amulet to get a ton more stats (like 60+ int and str), you'd lose the extra crit multi, but that would lower your stat requirements, letting you drop a couple of nodes on the tree or changing items. (for example, my amulet gives me 72 str 76 int 89 life, this is a huge boost on life and covers almost all the stats you need).

I don't think the cold pen is nessecary for the link, since we already have around 100 cold penatration on boss fight. For me, I think FrostBite is a must for the build (more freeze, and get frenzy charge fast).
On top of that, adding cold damage or faster attack also good. Critical chance is also good when critical multiplier can be stacked high, however it's quite hard on this build. Mine is around 350%, how is yours?
"
allforone999 wrote:
"
chaossbart wrote:
"
Morslocki wrote:
Hey guys,
My experience whit it:

I don't think the cold pen is nessecary for the link, since we already have around 100 cold penatration on boss fight. For me, I think FrostBite is a must for the build (more freeze, and get frenzy charge fast).
On top of that, adding cold damage or faster attack also good. Critical chance is also good when critical multiplier can be stacked high, however it's quite hard on this build. Mine is around 350%, how is yours?

For me it's not worth it yet (to use Increased Criticals), I'd go Ice bite + added cold (frostbite is the curse xD). I only switch to cold pen when I get mods like 30% more elemental res, etc..
Last edited by chaossbart on Aug 15, 2017, 1:48:42 PM
"
allforone999 wrote:
"
chaossbart wrote:
"
Morslocki wrote:
Hey guys,
My experience whit it:

How do you have 100 cold pen when tree gives 19 and 2x jewels 30 that's 49 not 100

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info