The streamers are wrong, let me give you pro tips

"
Boem wrote:
When running red tier maps, it's better to run chamber of sins for stone hammers and chissel the map then to actually run it without chiseling, the xp/hour ratio is higher.

To the specific point I don't see how you get more XP/hour on a chiselled map; more drops yes, but not more mobs.

I save all the quality white Hammers (etc) that drop on the way, along with non-quality ones if I have space and am near to returning to town anyway. That and ordinary chisel drops sees me around 100-150 chisels by the time I'm hitting yellow maps.
After that, I chisel just the top tier yellows - T9s if they're my best, else T10s - and all reds. I'll still pick up occasional hammers if I have space, and on master missions etc; and between that, drops and the lack of red maps that drop I don't seem to run out...

I also find it worth getting additional items on Artisan's boxes from level 50+. Better chance of 1-3 chisels dropping.

Looking for a mature guild to play with?
http://www.guildmedieval.com
Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.

I understand this is a role playing game, but I don't think the best role to play should be shopkeeper. - AlteraxPoe
"
Boem wrote:
When running red tier maps, it's better to run chamber of sins for stone hammers and chissel the map then to actually run it without chiseling, the xp/hour ratio is higher.

Peace,

-Boem-

not really the time u wasted to get stone hammers? or does that time stand still till u go in the red map?
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
There is no "saving up" strategy or "cut-loss" strategy that will benefit you in the fusing game. Best advice there is to realize that with each fusing, you are starting over. Ask yourself if a 6L is even worth trying for, and if it is... just keep trying. Don't count. Don't fret if you don't get one. It's either worth trying or it's not. Saving up to 200 doesn't make that choice any different than using the fusings as they came in one by one.

Only thing that I'll say... if you can set your goal on collecting up 200 fusings... why do you need a 6L?

Agreed, it's always a gamble. I go for 150-200 becase I've found I generally get a 5L before that. Doing it one at a time I find really aggravating; and also can't be risked if you're crafting the piece you're wearing, you have to have enough in reserve to unbrick it back to 4L.

But I did say, you don't "need" a 6L. Not for regular content, i.e. up to T14/Uber lab/Atziri. Probably if you're sufficiently patient and skilful you can clear those in a 4L, but it's not an experience I find enjoyable simply because it takes so long to kill everything and longer fights = more chance of mistakes.
I can't speak for T15+, Shaper, Uber Atziri because I've never got so far in a season. Maybe for those a 6L is needed, at least if you lack otherwise GG gear. They're not part of my SSF game.
Looking for a mature guild to play with?
http://www.guildmedieval.com
Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.

I understand this is a role playing game, but I don't think the best role to play should be shopkeeper. - AlteraxPoe
"
Varana wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

To the specific point I don't see how you get more XP/hour on a chiselled map; more drops yes, but not more mobs.

More high map drops = means more time in high tier content = means more overall xp/hour in the long run.

compared to not chiseling = less high tier map returns = falling back in tiers = spending time there.

@satanttin = same as above.

No clue why i have to point out something so obvious though.

Though granted, atlas might have influenced this overall, since this strategy is from when i played SSF a long time ago. I'll know when the new league starts if this still holds up, but chisels = important in SSF.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info