The streamers are wrong, let me give you pro tips

"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
DoubleU wrote:

I sell all my excess Portal scrolls for Wisdoms.

Yep, me too. Or if I'm desperate, trade 7 portal scrolls for a transmute. Again, can make a difference early on.

Very early on - up till maybe Ledge - I pick up all the small blue and white items I find - flasks, rings, belts, amulets, whatever fits. Fill up on these as I go. When I go back to town via waypoint, sell these off for usually a couple of wisdoms and some trans shards: should get a couple of transmutes by Ledge, and this in turn means 4 scrolls each to ID the rares. That usually gives enough of a buffer that afterwards I won't run out, but again cashing in transmutes and the odd whetstone (if I'm not melee) usually suffices.
I have to say Breaches were fine for dropping lots of scrolls.

As far as getting 5L or 6L goes... you don't "need" a 6L. I certainly would never plan on having one SSF. I work on a 4L until level 70 or so, hopefully will have enough to make a 5L once I start low maps.
I'll use Vorici to make a 4L. I've never had much luck with random alchs, nor even essences: better in my experience to wait for a good rare or suitable unique piece to drop and 4L it. I have tried alt-aug-regal but the regal's been useless all but once, I don't think this worth it. Maybe if a good base 6L dropped... so that's average <1/year.
Once I get my "end-game" chest (or 2h), I'll quality it, use the jorbs I've saved to 6s and then throw fuses to 5L it - stop if I get to 10 or less and only have a 4L, then repeat once I get to 100. The alternative is if I have a 5L prophecy, I seal those and save them.
(I hear 6L prophecies exist... maybe like mirrors do).
Looking for a mature guild to play with?
http://www.guildmedieval.com
Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.

I understand this is a role playing game, but I don't think the best role to play should be shopkeeper. - AlteraxPoe
First thing is ill turn off the hardcore filter i use which only fills me inventory halfway up in a map I pick up everything it shows and use something that shows stuff like neversinks. My filter even excludes 400 uniques dont want that.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 22, 2017, 9:01:39 AM
Some tips are pretty nice.
Yep, solid advices.

Another one: pick up all gems that drop until you have at least 1 of each, even the most common ones. Remember, now vendors (and quest rewards) offer you lvled gems, those that drop are lvl 1 (unless from a strongbox with the right affix)- you might need them when you start a new char .

( I know, this requires you to have more than the starting 4 tabs, but SSF playstyle asks for more space imho...)
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Last edited by Wazz72 on Feb 22, 2017, 9:53:33 AM
There is no "saving up" strategy or "cut-loss" strategy that will benefit you in the fusing game. Best advice there is to realize that with each fusing, you are starting over. Ask yourself if a 6L is even worth trying for, and if it is... just keep trying. Don't count. Don't fret if you don't get one. It's either worth trying or it's not. Saving up to 200 doesn't make that choice any different than using the fusings as they came in one by one.

Only thing that I'll say... if you can set your goal on collecting up 200 fusings... why do you need a 6L?
By the time you "need" it, you should have enough currency to 5L at Vorici (and have him at the required level). Typically I pay for a 5S/5L and gamble for the 6S/6L. That being said, this league I lucked into a Belly 6S/6L in less than 20 of each currency - not likely to be repeated in Legacy.

I always hate that short, frustrating window at the very start where you balance picking up whites and blues versus the amount of Portal scrolls you have/can afford. When it goes away it is glorious.

I agree with several previous comments - don't make it a job and have fun! But take note of some interesting tips in here.
"
HollandRoden wrote:
Here is a good one, "do not eat in front of your computer when playing poe, you can easily die due to lack of focus"

This fricken happened to me yesterday when I was trying to eat and play PoE with one hand. Un-ID'd strongbox. Freeze, mob swarm , Ice Nova, dead.
Last edited by Megatyrant on Feb 22, 2017, 10:09:11 AM
Yes to the good advice.

"
Wazz72 wrote:

Another one: pick up all gems that drop until you have at least 1 of each, even the most common ones. Remember, now vendors (and quest rewards) offer you lvled gems, those that drop are lvl 1 (unless from a strongbox with the right affix)- you might need them when you start a new char .

( I know, this requires you to have more than the starting 4 tabs, but SSF playstyle asks for more space imho...)

Also, you never know when you might need a low-level gem for a CWdT setup. I would also keep multiple (redundant) versions of CWdT.

I would also change the title of this thread to "Good Advice for SSF"
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
"
HollandRoden wrote:
Here is a good one, "do not eat in front of your computer when playing poe, you can easily die due to lack of focus"

And dont alt-tab in poison maps becuz thats how i have died 3x times becuz i was surfing through poexyz while standing in poison pool rip my 6L cod legacy one
Last edited by Gopstop22 on Feb 22, 2017, 10:30:12 AM
When running red tier maps, it's better to run chamber of sins for stone hammers and chissel the map then to actually run it without chiseling, the xp/hour ratio is higher.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info