Trading in-game currencies and goods for some store items with GGG assistance

Look you dafties, no matter how you try talk your way around it it IS by definition AGAINST THE ToS

GGG will not facilitate it, they won't take it as a suggestion and you are just plain wrong so stop with the semantics and let the thread die.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Feb 28, 2017, 10:04:47 AM
"
silumit wrote:
"
Out of anything OP has said, the whole currency exchange rates does make sense as it has been a problem for others in the past. Minimum wage is like 6204 rubles a month in Russia as far as I can tell which equals to about $106ish American. Need at least $20 bucks to cover a decent start on expanding stash tabs. You can't honestly expect a minimum wage Russian to fork over 1/4th of their monthly income on a game like this. Same exchange rate problems elsewhere.
While you do bring up a good point, I just want to mention that ISP service (i.e. access to internet) in Russia already costs at least 4$/month, and about 8$-10$/month for a decent connection. So it isn't that much money if you really need that stash tabs - if you are playing the game, then you already can spend that amount of money each 3-5 months. And you only need to spend that 20$ on tabs once.

Yeah. I thought about that after I posted. I have no idea what general standard of living costs are in Russia and what a gamer's standard of living costs specifically. So the whole issue of if OP and others like him can't afford to purchase stuff (I remember one in the past had a heavily corrupt government run bank system or something that made their money virtually worthless outside their own country or something) is really case by case when you factor in standard of living, what their wage likely is, not just country minimum wage, and so on.

My main point is that when you do look at countries with incredibly crappy exchange rates, you do feel sorry to an extent but then that sympathy makes you wonder how they can afford to game in their country (depending on circumstances) at all let alone complain about bad prices for convenience mtx like stashes.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
Uranist wrote:

1 Other guy buys these goods because of bad exchange rate. To earn the same money you have to work much, much longer. Instead, you ask friend to help you. Is it so bad if I want to save my time? I prefer to play instead of working.
I do not want to pay too much. It is economy. So, is this way illegal? Why must I pay more, if guy from other country can pay less? Less means "less time spent to earn the same amount of money".

You are just lazy, get of your lazy ass and work for a change.
I prefere to play as well the whole day but if I do my boss will fire me and I will have no money for MTX's or tabs. So I choose to work.

"
Uranist wrote:

2 RMT is by definition is accepting money for in-game things. Direct accepting! You trade items for money.
Gifting is not the same.

Ignorance is bliss I suppose.
You can only BUY tabs or MTX's for real money. GGG doesnt accept any exalts for stashtabs. If that were the case then sure, you could trade away.

Player A: "Here, have my 6L shavs!"
Player B: "Wow, thats nice, let me gift you back some stashtabs that I bought for several exalts."

But that's not how it works now does it?

Player A: "Here, have my 6L shavs!"
Player B: "Wow, thats nice, let me gift you back some stashtabs that I bought for $20,00."

See the difference? Tabs cost money, thus RMT.

"
Uranist wrote:

3 Again, RMT means you get money for in-game goods. If you didn't get any money - it is not RMT.

Wrong.

"
Uranist wrote:

4 I used official definition of "REAL MONEY TRANSACTIONS". If you do not agree with this official definition - then do not talk about RMT.

Your official defination lacks intelligence on your half.

"
Uranist wrote:

Example from other MMO game. There is time code. Yes, month or 3 month subscription. I have smth I was spending time for. Other player have to spend the same time to get same things. These things do not help him to win. It is not pay-to-win.

2 players make a deal via forum thread. It is legal and legit. Legalize.
But. In the same game people are banned for RMT. These players want real money, so they sell goods on other forums. They do not use official, legal way. This is RMT.

Gift is legal. RMT - illegal. Legality is main difference between gifting and RMT.
Gifting is good for game. RMT isn't.
Game owner can decide what items can be gifted, because it is his right to decide what is good for game.

This is not another game, this is PoE. RMT, P2W, whatever you want to call it, it's not allowed here.
Some people might even say stashtabs are P2W because with more (premium) tabs you can build up currency faster compared to players who don't have those tabs (but that's a whole different discussion we shouldn't start now).

Next to that, your a liar and this is probably not your only account. You smell fishy...
Postcount +1
"
Uranist wrote:
"
Sarno wrote:
"
Uranist wrote:
Store goods are not equal to money. You should agree with this point. You cannot sell them.

Irrelevant. They can only be obtained by spending real money. The other person in your scenario is thus spending their real money in exchange for your in-game items. It's RMT.

"
Uranist wrote:
This explains why gifting is not equal to RMT.

You seem to believe RMT means a player receiving real money. That isn't true. Please stop arguing something that's false. Not a single person has agreed with your interpretation.

"
Uranist wrote:
Again, REAL MONEY TRANSACTIONS!

What, like a player spending REAL MONEY! on stash tabs for you?

RMT.

"
Uranist wrote:
Both players do not do any real money transactions, if they are assisted by support.

If support helped you, they would be facilitating and allowing RMT, but it would still be considered RMT. Words mean things. You've demonstrated time after time that you don't understand what the term RMT means. We are literally on page 11 of a thread where not a single person has agreed with you, and you're still arguing the same thing you were in your first post.

Are you actually incapable of accepting you're wrong?

1 Other guy buys these goods because of bad exchange rate. To earn the same money you have to work much, much longer. Instead, you ask friend to help you. Is it so bad if I want to save my time? I prefer to play instead of working.
I do not want to pay too much. It is economy. So, is this way illegal? Why must I pay more, if guy from other country can pay less? Less means "less time spent to earn the same amount of money".

2 RMT is by definition is accepting money for in-game things. Direct accepting! You trade items for money.
Gifting is not the same.

3 Again, RMT means you get money for in-game goods. If you didn't get any money - it is not RMT.

4 I used official definition of "REAL MONEY TRANSACTIONS". If you do not agree with this official definition - then do not talk about RMT.

Example from other MMO game. There is time code. Yes, month or 3 month subscription. I have smth I was spending time for. Other player have to spend the same time to get same things. These things do not help him to win. It is not pay-to-win.

2 players make a deal via forum thread. It is legal and legit. Legalize.
But. In the same game people are banned for RMT. These players want real money, so they sell goods on other forums. They do not use official, legal way. This is RMT.

Gift is legal. RMT - illegal. Legality is main difference between gifting and RMT.
Gifting is good for game. RMT isn't.
Game owner can decide what items can be gifted, because it is his right to decide what is good for game.

Даун, иди деньги зарабатывай. Чего ты на форуме плачешь что не за что мтх купить? Иди заработай, потом в игры играй и покупай что угодно. Или твое ограниченное мышление не понимает, что я могу купить мтх на 100 бачей и уже на 3-4й день в лиге выменять на шавронь. Автор школьник, у которого нет денег. /s
"
toppoememer wrote:

Даун, иди деньги зарабатывай. Чего ты на форуме плачешь что не за что мтх купить? Иди заработай, потом в игры играй и покупай что угодно. Или твое ограниченное мышление не понимает, что я могу купить мтх на 100 бачей и уже на 3-4й день в лиге выменять на шавронь. Автор школьник, у которого нет денег. /s

Google translation:

Down, go to earn money. Why are you crying on the forum that have nothing to MTX buy? Go earn, then play games and buy anything. Or is your limited thinking does not understand that I can buy MTX 100 Bachey and already on the 3-4th day in the league barter for shavron. Author schoolboy who has no money

I like you.
Postcount +1
"
iNotSure wrote:
"
toppoememer wrote:

Google translation:

Down, go to earn money. Why are you crying on the forum that have nothing to MTX buy? Go earn, then play games and buy anything. Or is your limited thinking does not understand that I can buy MTX 100 Bachey and already on the 3-4th day in the league barter for shavron. Author schoolboy who has no money

I like you.

I can type in english for sure, but i dont think op understands it well. People trying to explain him how it can be deadly for economics, but hes still like "blah, blah i dont get real money so its not rmt". My country in same conditions as Russia, but i cant complain cuz of mtx. If i want mtx i just making money and buying it. If its worth more than i can donate, i just wont buy it. Simple math, works for me.
This thread was posted for the luls, but I somehow left with the feels :/

Be nice, guise
How is this even still going on
"
tonic317 wrote:
"
PHJ82 wrote:
so this goes on without being locked...

could some staff plz write in here on this matter and explain what ggg's view is on this.. cuz there seems to be alot of confusion.

this discussion that have started to be a mudfight and dont think Theres anymore to be said on the diffrent sides of the ''hedge'' all just on repeat now...

Could you get out MR 7 challenges done. The discussion is fine and not breaking any rules. You're like the guy who complains about the game and has never given GGG any money. Your opinion is meaningless and not wanted.

wau so because i havent bought supporter pack but only mtx and stash room im not allowed to have a oppinion on this intire tread being kinda pointless cuz what he want is rtm and ggg dont allow it.

and no not many challenges or anything cuz i play casual and dont go for them.. i still love this game and would be very sad if it turns into a p2w game as most other games are turning into..

thats me out.. ill stick with playing ingame and not get insulted on forum... just LOL
Tired to explain.
Real Money Trading(RMT) is selling good for REAL money, stealthy. Only RMT is forbidden.
You lack law(legal) knowledge. Buying smth for other player cannot be fobidden.
Also it is easy to check trade logs to make sure: this player is not involved in RMT.

This legal(for other famous MMO) practice can't be considered as RMT.

For last:
Go check definition of RMT. If you OK with mind and logic - you shall see that gifting is not equal to RMT, as it doesn't involve "real money trading".

Please, study a bit. Educated people cannot even think that RMT can exist without enrichment(for "seller").

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info