Sooooooo VP goodbye

"
horusray wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
You should not be forced to take a shitty sub class to get spell block or an okay sub class just to have reflect mitigation.

Where is the build diversity when everyone playing an ele build is forced to play elementalist to survive reflect?

Build diversity:

Pure offense and minimal defense = Inquisitor
Good offense and good defense = Elementalist
Pure defense and okay damage = Necromancer

A lot of players play inquisitor and just skip reflect mod roll.

were talking about ele reflect rares not map mods.

"
Boem wrote:
Are people actually serious about needing VP to survive reflect damage?

What an amusing thought.

VP is needed to condense incomming damage to a 1/0 scenario and nothing else, reflect is a non issue for people with good knowledge of the game mechanics.

Peace,

-Boem-

nah, theres ele spell builds that will just total themselves on reflect almost instantly without vp if they have enough damage to confidently clear high maps and kill bosses.

Out of 20+ builds I currently have on the go 1 needs instant leech to survive a reflect rare, its the only ele spell build I currently have on the go and it has about 1/3 of the damage "extreme dps pusher" type builds have with ele spells, it has 10k life, its far a from lel I specced a ton of damage lel I rek myself type setup.
Unless you are running a reflect map, who exactly cares about reflect? Its a complete non issue.
Discussions about balance, VP and reflect are meaningless without a baseline.

People who stop at dried lake and never even notice reflect on their 70 chars should not speak about end game reflect or damage scaling or mob spike damage.

If reflect is not a major consideration in your build (that happens to not be a totem or something) then you clearly have never reached anywhere near end game damage with your build.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 22, 2017, 4:36:25 PM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
Reflect is not an issue these days unless I happen to run a reflect map in which I am pretty much asking my character to possibly commit suicide.

A reflect rare in a map can be extremely dangerous in a 6 man party with f.ex less dodge chance, -max, ele weaknes etc...
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
"
Dkodr wrote:

A reflect rare in a map can be extremely dangerous in a 6 man party with f.ex less dodge chance, -max, ele weaknes etc...

Well, I always solo, so it is not an issue to deal with reflect rare as crit EK for example. Now if I do reflect map as crit EK, yea there is no salvation that not even VP is given mercy.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Feb 22, 2017, 4:50:37 PM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
Dkodr wrote:

Well, I always solo, so it is not an issue to deal with reflect rare as crit EK for example. Now if I do reflect map as crit EK, yea there is no salvation even with VP.

crit ek is physical, I dont have any issues with my crit ek build either, and when I say physical I mean 50% phys and 50% ele as phys builds tend to be, which is why they dont care about any reflect monsters but cant do either of the reflect maps.

Try the same dps on a self cast crit arc and see how long u last against reflect mobs.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Try the same dps on a self cast crit arc and see how long u last against reflect mobs.

I just do self cast arc because of

and thanks to the staff, I can deal with ele reflect rares. I will probably still not do ele reflect map just to avoid any potential death.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Feb 22, 2017, 4:57:29 PM
+5 max res, life leech gem, added chaos damage gem, so in reflect terms a 4 link non crit arc with +5 max res and your a lvl85 elementalist with a passive that gives you 50% less reflected damage taken + 8% reduced reflect damage taken after the first hit.

You survive reflect because your probably taking 1/10 of the damage a fully geared up non elementalist crit arc character is taking.

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

I just do self cast arc because of

and thanks to the staff, I can deal with ele reflect rares. I will probably still not do ele reflect map just to avoid any potential death.

How much mana does that Arc cost in total?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info