Are you excited for new vendor-tier boots in 2.6?

"
TheExile777 wrote:
Rumor has it that vaalpact will disappear completely...
Source: skilltree .........
That would be the greatest change in POE balancing history since its original nerf which then got reverted. LUL
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
GodKas wrote:
we will see

Your post was "Hell yeah 1 extra alt" originally :P

yeah but I guess we should see moar haha :P
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
It's funny how they introduce them along with 2 decent or even broken weapons...
Its current DPS shown is very low, hovoring in the mid 300~, i havent run it with quality yet or know the rolls but its likely somewhere around 400~ DPS. The % physical increase is based off how many charges you have which is relative to the builds and also varies. This means it could very well be non-functional in hard high tier content.

The big thing is stun immune mobs and the stun immune map modifier. Are you really going to spend currency to reroll the map mod ? Probably not, i know im not going to scour+alch my maps over for that. So when you ask yourself and look at other weapons available for 2H there is really no reason to use this mace unless you like to waste currency. This isnt even an efficiency argument either, its just completely silly to use an item thats negated by the easiest map modifier. Soo you still have to run an enduring cry if you want to use this mace which means that socket is no longer free either for something else (like maybe a vaal skill for example).

Id use pretty much any other 2H item over this one because of that.

Quality gives larger increase in power to such items. Values we see on picture are 140 min and 462 max. Attack speed is 1.2. Assuming 20% quality

Damage combined values with quality (140+462)*1.2=722 => 722/2=361 - average damage, apply attack speed 361*1.2 = 433.2

430+ pDPS and it goes higher since this rolls are probably not highest.

About % incr. phys damage, this http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Veruso%27s_Battering_Rams and this http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Unrelenting

If you want you can easily get 8 End. charges with Juggernaut. It is 160% incr. melee physical damage. Non-Juggernaut characters can get significant boost as well.

Why reroll maps just because of that? There is EC for that purpose. It would be reasonable to reroll really hard T15-16 though. Also there is Stun it all build and people are pretty happy with that, so...

This mace is also literally build enabling with base 50% reduced stun threshold.

Also I keep in mind Uber Lab.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Feb 21, 2017, 10:40:11 AM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
It's funny how they introduce them along with 2 decent or even broken weapons...
Its current DPS shown is very low, hovoring in the mid 300~, i havent run it with quality yet or know the rolls but its likely somewhere around 400~ DPS. The % physical increase is based off how many charges you have which is relative to the builds and also varies. This means it could very well be non-functional in hard high tier content.

The big thing is stun immune mobs and the stun immune map modifier. Are you really going to spend currency to reroll the map mod ? Probably not, i know im not going to scour+alch my maps over for that. So when you ask yourself and look at other weapons available for 2H there is really no reason to use this mace unless you like to waste currency. This isnt even an efficiency argument either, its just completely silly to use an item thats negated by the easiest map modifier. Soo you still have to run an enduring cry if you want to use this mace which means that socket is no longer free either for something else (like maybe a vaal skill for example).

Id use pretty much any other 2H item over this one because of that.

How do you calced this DPS? Values we see on picture are 140 min and 462 max. Attack speed is 1.2. Assuming 20% quality

Damage combined values with quality (140+462)*1.2=722 => 722/2=361 - average damage, apply attack speed 361*1.2 = 433.2

430+ pDPS and it goes higher since this rolls are probably not highest.

About % incr. phys damage, there http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Veruso%27s_Battering_Rams and http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Unrelenting

If you want you can easily get 8 End. charges with Juggernaut. It is 160% incr. melee physical damage.

Why reroll maps just because of that? There is EC for that purpose. It would be reasonable to reroll really hard T15-16 though. Also there is Stun it all build and people are pretty happy with that, so...

This mace is also literally build enabling with base 50% reduced stun threshold.

Also I keep in mind Uber Lab.
You can just use a higher DPS weapon/crit and get the same effects of the item without the same investment or weapon and having to avoid mods. Thats more soo my point. Im not saying it isnt build enabling or outright shit, it just doesnt fit when you understand stun mechanics.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Tin_Foil_Hat,
You don't have to avoid any mods with this. They don't break anything for you. It's irrelevant.

Similar DPS weapons do not give you 100+% increased damage. There is reason why people usually don't use Rare weapons unless it's GG ones.
Those boots are nice. Extra 1-2 chaos for me.
"
Maswasnos wrote:
The boots are an interesting concept, but I think the 1 life per 10 dex stat needs to be significantly better for it to be useful.

Math:
Let's assume you're an iron commander build with, say, 1500 dex. You would only get 150 life from these boots, which IMO isn't enough to warrant using them over Blood Dance or a really good rare.

Blood Dance is just as niche as the new boots, you have to invest in frenzy charges just to make them more useful. Using the default 3 frenzy charges, Blood Dance is statically worse off than the new boots that have the usual 300-400 dex from a dex-based character. The creator of Blood Dance felt the new boots was a homage to his unique while making him feel bad. GGG needs to at least buff back up Blood Dance to what it was with 1% life regen per frenzy charge.

Edit: But yea, I expect these boots to be really cheap fast since there is not muce use outside of builds that are super heavy dexterity and I do not expect all of them to run it. Though, there will be at least one that will use it and that will create another meme.

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Feb 21, 2017, 1:39:22 PM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
TheExile777 wrote:
Rumor has it that vaalpact will disappear completely...
Source: skilltree .........
That would be the greatest change in POE balancing history since its original nerf which then got reverted. LUL

Yeah VP nerf was reverted, because they reworked leach and you didn't leech 8% of your dmg anymore.
Yeah, lets shit on new content...Typical general discussion.
Why even compare life regen to something as OP as VP

We all know VP is gone in 3.0 or at least reworked. most likely gone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info